collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets next season - what will they do?  (Read 84726 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Season tickets next season - what will they do?
« on: March 20, 2016, 04:26:01 PM »
I thought that a thread should be in place for when the club announces next year's prices.

I'm sure that the club has already decided on the prices for either the Championship or in the extremely unlikely event that Villa are still in the Premier League.

I expect that they'll start chasing us as soon as the inevitable is mathematically confirmed.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Re: Season tickets next season - what will they do?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:53:35 PM »
They can chase me as much as they like.......they won't be getting another penny.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
I'm guessing the message from Nicola Keye and co will be along the lines of 'great news for supporters...the season ticket prices have been frozen. Also you get 4 extra matches! '

Those matches will be played randomly on week nights yet to be arranged against the likes of Burton, Rotherham, Brentford and Walsall.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:14:53 PM by rougegorge »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »
I'll be sorted for a lot of aways living in the North West.  I like a lot of people will have concerns regarding the random night games. 

Perhaps Leeds United have a point regarding  TV games.

If Villa and Seatwave stay in bed that would be the best option for me. 

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
the club had their sports marketing analysts in london poring over excel spreadsheets of their 'customers' back in october/november, looking at the possible implications of relegation on matchday revenue ...

“they’re shitting it” was the jist of the conversation.

let's see how they react.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »
I think they'll announce details of these once we are mathematically down or very close to it.

Offline Pete

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:26:23 PM »
How will relegation affect the approach to pricing? Something I thought about after seeing a news story about what's happening at Huddersfield, and we'll be in the same division next year. They are charging £179, £69 for 8 to 17 year olds and £23 for under eights. They've sold 11,000 already, this for a club with an average attendance of about 15,000 (not at all bad for a town with a population of 120,000. Following your local team is a big thing here). Anyway, what will the new board do? Prices surely won't go up. Will it be a freeze, or a cut to try to get the numbers in?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:36:48 AM by Pete »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:15 PM »
Probably a price freeze, and they'll say it's actually a reduction because we play more games. It'd be nice they reduce the prices and try and attract more kids.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »
Freezes prices is my guess.

If it was me, i'd do a one season special. Lower every price. Try and pack the place as much as possible to help get us straight back up.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 12:07:59 AM »
It surely has to be a reduction after the garbage people have forked out  for the past few years and this seasons shambolic attempt at staying up. With Fox gone we might get some sense.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »
Thread over in Tickets & Travel if a Mod would like to merge

EDIT - ta
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:20:15 AM by UK Redsox »

Online shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 09:04:52 AM »
Sincerely hope we try and keep or even attract what will turn out to be a completely lost generation of support that's endured the past 5 years of a complete shitefest.

Big ideas in every department please Villa for the forthcoming season.I've made the point before that the whippersnappers spend,or rather sponge,an awful lot of pennies within the ground/club shop etc.Admirable to see plenty of clubs starting to think about their support base.Witness Wigan,where we'll be heading.Adult season tickets in the family stand also include an under 16's season ticket for free, meaning adult+1 under 16 for the amazing price of £199.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 09:15:30 AM »
they need to make kids tickets very very cheap at the very least. They need to get youngsters into villa park and, hopefully, we will win more games and hook another generation

also think they should substantially reduce prices for current season ticket holders to compensate for the crap we have had to put up with and try and persuade people to renew, would be pleasantly surprised if they do this though

Offline MarkM

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
If it was me running the marketing I would have letters / emails delivered not long after after we are confirmed as down, offering a discount on next season if you buy early so you can 'Join the fightback'

I would try to get the supporters to feel part of the rebuilding by getting us on board as early as I could.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »

If it was me, i'd do a one season special. Lower every price. Try and pack the place as much as possible to help get us straight back up.
Absolutely agree - keep the crowds high; that way you sell more merchandise and consumables as well as generating an atmosphere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal