collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Remi- It has happened.  (Read 66718 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Remi- When will it happen?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »
We've not had a structure in place at the club, ever in my memory. Doug never really had it, and certainly never under Randy. We have to give this time to work, and while things are shit now they won't always be that way if the process succeeds. There have been other clubs who are in strong positions today that were at one point in worse places than us. It is possible to recover and put this period in our history behind us.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 01:25:10 PM »
I'm starting to get clinically fed up with all this. The next kick in the nuts will be the failure of Hollis to turn it around.

Based on what? Christ, give the bloke a chance.

I think my point has been taken too literally. I am as keen for someone to finally sort this nightmare out but we've had so many false dawns and had optimism based on remarkably similar situations that I don't think I can bare another one.

You'll get used to it.

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the memories Remi.
Wrong manager wrong time.
The NEXT appointment needs to be right!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
Tomorrow morning.  I'd expect t it will come as a relief.  They're probably just trying to minimise the payout.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 01:31:59 PM »
Remi's and Ranieri's seasons show how crazy momentum is in football. One took over a team feeling in good nick, albeit over the summer, whereas the other took over a team so used to losing that it had become less a habit, and more an addiction. Ranieri was able to nurture and channel that momentum into something even better, whereas nothing Remi could do could turn it around.

This doesn't mean that Remi's a bad manager - Ranieri himself could tell him all about how fickle this profession is (Atletico? Greece? Monaco? Not glorious times for Claudio). He'll need to take a break and go somewhere else, possibly in France, possibly in Spain or Italy if he can manage the language. We need to plan for next season, and get someone in who can arrest this fucking avalanchesque collapse before we find ourselves in League One.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
Thanks for the memories Remi.
Wrong manager wrong time.
The NEXT appointment needs to be right!

Most important appointment since Sir Graham.

Offline MillerBall

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »
Garde has been dealt an awful hand but really does not seem to have played it well at all. Granted the squad are totally unsuited to this level of football but there seems to be little harmony and evidence of team work at all. There is very little fight and the schoolboy errors from previous eras are still as regular and as appalling as ever.

The thought of Kevin MacDonald taking charge is about is appealing at watching Agbonlahor chasing after a football.

I have huge sympathy for Remi Garde but I really have not seen any evidence to convince me that he is the man for the job. I accept that inheriting the goalkeepers that Villa have does not help matters at all.

If Garde does leave I hope he is very open about what has been happening behind the scenes; I would love to see him lead Villa to success because he does come over as being a decent bloke but the poverty of the football has had to be seen to be believed.

If he does stay I think he will find it very hard to move on the players that we all want rid of because of the contracts they command;  we can only hope that there are some relegation clauses in place that allow us to dump the poorer players, although I suspect this will be wishful thinking.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »
We've not had a structure in place at the club, ever in my memory. Doug never really had it, and certainly never under Randy. We have to give this time to work, and while things are shit now they won't always be that way if the process succeeds. There have been other clubs who are in strong positions today that were at one point in worse places than us. It is possible to recover and put this period in our history behind us.
As has been said by others, every structural change at the club has been heralded in similar ways to this. The club does not deserve our faith in them to act competently, I for one will not be giving out much praise until there are tangible signs of progress.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
And we'll be back to McDonald - who should have been sacked after his last effort at acting manager.

Agreed.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »
As has been said by others, every structural change at the club has been heralded in similar ways to this. The club does not deserve our faith in them to act competently, I for one will not be giving out much praise until there are tangible signs of progress.

Every previous structural change was questioned because Randy never once brought in a mind to oversee the football side of the business. Hollis did that within months because by his own admission it's not one of his strengths. That's why this change is different to the others. If a Fox or Faulkner type was making the next appointment then I'd be every bit as sceptical as everyone else.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
Garde has been dealt an awful hand but really does not seem to have played it well at all. Granted the squad are totally unsuited to this level of football but there seems to be little harmony and evidence of team work at all. There is very little fight and the schoolboy errors from previous eras are still as regular and as appalling as ever.

The thought of Kevin MacDonald taking charge is about is appealing at watching Agbonlahor chasing after a football.

I have huge sympathy for Remi Garde but I really have not seen any evidence to convince me that he is the man for the job. I accept that inheriting the goalkeepers that Villa have does not help matters at all.

If Garde does leave I hope he is very open about what has been happening behind the scenes;
I would love to see him lead Villa to success because he does come over as being a decent bloke but the poverty of the football has had to be seen to be believed.

If he does stay I think he will find it very hard to move on the players that we all want rid of because of the contracts they command;  we can only hope that there are some relegation clauses in place that allow us to dump the poorer players, although I suspect this will be wishful thinking.

Completely agree with the highlighted bit. It will almost certainly be made worth his while not to though.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
He'll have too much class to divulge that publicly. At least if he does it won't be now, and I imagine it will be part of any settlement. Play I am sure the new board are well aware of the issues, would making it public now really help. I can't see Garde doing a Lambert and never shut up about the secret forces and offering his resignation.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »
God this is just too depressing. I have huge sympathy for Garde who seems to have been badly let down, but his manner is of someone that knows he is going and for whom the players aren't responding.

I would have liked him to have been given a chance to build his own squad over the summer if he had taken a braver stand against the 1st team regulars and trusted in the youth players more.

The thought of Pearson fills me with utter dread, and old MacDonald can do one after his embarrassing efforts last time.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
For Remi it has already happened...23:01 Feb 1st, for the board Monday at 10am.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

I can't see us on a road to recovery until Lerner is gone. It will only be then that we will be able to put this period of history behind us and start anew. As long as he is ultimately calling the shots, all the changes of personnel at board level will be for nought.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal