collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Krulak is back  (Read 29380 times)

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Re: Krulak is back
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:28 PM »
so is there 5 on the board, with lerner being 1/5 of that number, perhaps krulak has been appointed by lerner, so as if theres anything to be voted on then lerner has at least 2/5 of the votes and then only needs to manipulate another 1/5 to swing the majority, you see I think lerner is a complete cock and its still his ball, and when he don't want to play he can take his ball home with him, whilst his got anything to do with AVFC we are only going in one direction.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:51:05 PM by Tony Erdington »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
so is there 5 on the board, with lerner being 1/5 of that number, perhaps krulak has been appointed by lerner, so as if theres anything to be voted on then lerner has at least 2/5 of the votes and then only needs to manipulate another 1/5 to swing the majority, you see I think lerner is a complete cock and its still his ball, and when he don't want to play he can take his ball home with him, whilst his got anything to do with AVFC we are only going in one direction.

Or you could just wait and see?  The last meaningful thing we heard from him was that if we weren't sold he'd appoint a chairman to run things properly in his place, and he did it, so why would he then go out of his way to fuck it up by undermining said chairman?  On top ofthat, I'd say it's a fairly safe guess that we'll be recruiting a CFO at some point (and I reckon we've got a couple of decent contacts to find us one in Hollis and King) which would take the board up to 6 which ruins your theory and if anything suggests that Lerners 'vote' will always be uncast.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »

Or you could just wait and see?  The last meaningful thing we heard from him was that if we weren't sold he'd appoint a chairman to run things properly in his place, and he did it, so why would he then go out of his way to fuck it up by undermining said chairman?  On top ofthat, I'd say it's a fairly safe guess that we'll be recruiting a CFO at some point (and I reckon we've got a couple of decent contacts to find us one in Hollis and King) which would take the board up to 6 which ruins your theory and if anything suggests that Lerners 'vote' will always be uncast.

Damn damn damn, my theory is ruined, what am I going to do lol, so then it will be 1/6 so on so forth, its always nice to have someone in your corner when discussions are going on and admittedly, I believe there are strong characters on that board but Krulak has proved before intelligence comes second to decibels and maybe this is lerners master plan, confuse, out talk,  hold the reigns

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
Why would he bring in all these new people if he wanted to out-manouevre them on key issues?

Online paul_e

« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2016, 06:20:53 PM »
Why would he bring in all these new people if he wanted to out-manouevre them on key issues?

because he's an evil mnastermind intent on destroying the club and losing a fortune in the process?

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »

because he's an evil mnastermind intent on destroying the club and losing a fortune in the process?

because its his ball Dave, and you know as well as lerner, He knows Best.

Online paul_e

« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2016, 07:19:14 PM »

because its his ball Dave, and you know as well as lerner, He knows Best.

Then why bring in Hollis, what purpose does that serve if he has no intention of letting him do his job?  Before you mention anything about any other director remember that he specifically said the idea behind bringing a chairman in was so he could step back so it doesn't apply to anyone else, he was the chairman until Hollis arrived to replace him.  Why replace yourself and then 'load' the board so you can over rule your replacement whenever you like and probably cause him and most of his newly assembled board to walk away?  I get you don't like or trust Randy but just think about what you're saying and it quickly unravels, no one benefits from him doing it.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2016, 07:19:25 PM »
He owns the club.  He can do whatever he wants.  Simple as.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
Am I missing something? Is the owner of a business not allowed to appoint Directors who he thinks will act in his best interests? What majority shareholder would not do that?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
You have to admit he has pretty good form for doing the wrong thing.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »

even though I think he is a complete cluts , I also think he realised there was the beginning of a ground swell against him, so to appease the masses, before they became revolting, he thought like Charles the first he would employ a parliament and still run the thing,

I don't know, but as Chicago above is saying, has he got anything right since his been here, I hope Paul e that your argument is right, but the boy has got form for doi8ng the wrong thing.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »

even though I think he is a complete cluts , I also think he realised there was the beginning of a ground swell against him, so to appease the masses, before they became revolting, he thought like Charles the first he would employ a parliament and still run the thing,

I don't know, but as Chicago above is saying, has he got anything right since his been here, I hope Paul e that your argument is right, but the boy has got form for doi8ng the wrong thing.

The wrong, daft thing, not the carefully considered, manipulative thing.

So to be clear:
He's a 'complete clutz' but smart enough to put together this plan.
He's disinterested in the club but would take the time to put together a new board only to then outvote them, rather than not having the board and just doing what he wants anyway.
He doesn't care what the fans think but has done all this to stop fan protests.

Right.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2016, 10:04:12 PM »

The wrong, daft thing, not the carefully considered, manipulative thing.

So to be clear:
He's a 'complete clutz' but smart enough to put together this plan.
He's disinterested in the club but would take the time to put together a new board only to then outvote them, rather than not having the board and just doing what he wants anyway.
He doesn't care what the fans think but has done all this to stop fan protests.

Right.

It also manages to forget all the things they did get right. Off the pitch they listened and acted. On it, Lerner put his money where his mouth is except our manager decided he didn't want to play by the rules of every single other manager probably in the world, knowing he'd made a pig's arse of it. Admittedly, the managerial appointments that followed didn't work out, some were shocking but rather than Villa being a plaything of Randy Lerner, some thought Villa should be a plaything of his bank account.

Mistakes have been made and it's refreshing to hear both Hollis and Bernstein point this out. I'm sure Lerner wants to sell the club at a price that comes close to what he's put in and I'm sure the General is there encouraging him to fix the mess he's in now for numerous reasons. Lerner may be around for a few more years to come and hopefully will be a reluctant seller as we finally get back on track. There's loads to do and right now, I agree with Bernstein when he says we're very lucky to have Hollis in charge. I'm trusting that Lerner agrees or at least in the very near future, will agree.

Right now it's the only chance we have.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal