collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Krulak is back  (Read 29384 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Krulak is back
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
It could be positive.

If the General is there for board meetings he'll soon get a clear idea of how the new chaps operate.

I'm hoping he'll also hear how and why we need serious financing this summer.

If the General is convinced we finally have the right people leading the club and matters are being dealt with professionally and intelligently, who better to report back to Randy Lerner? Hopefully it will give Lerner more confidence to financially support us and speed things up.

He's certainly got Randy's ear so given now that for the first time we appear to have professionals in place, you could very well be right that it might expedite the recovery process. He'd be naive to adopt the same role as he had before.

Offline villabear

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 04:11:07 PM »
Needs to bring his mates General Disarray and Major Fuckup with him.

I think you'll find Major Fuckup has been here all season. 

Nice one though, cheered my shit afternoon at work right up! 😄

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
I don't know what to think about this.  Previously his role was clearly to try to find out what the fans wanted (away from playing matters) by being involved in the community.  When things turned that role clearly became unsuitable as the majority of the last 2 years were people using him to sound off at over the footballing side which was very clearly stated as not part of the remit.  Unfortunately he was as responsible as anyone else for the blurring of those lines and the way he withdrew clearly wasn't ideal but it probably came 2-3 years later than it should've.

I have no idea what he'll bring to this new role but I can understand Randy wanting someone he knows he can trust to be part of the conversations, I just hope it doesn't undermine Hollis who I think is just starting to get some control over things.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
Great. Did we ever get to find out what his favourite biscuit was last time?

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
For me, this would be akin to bringing back Doug for some kind of role and by that I mean the General, like Doug, is tarnished with failure.  The guy was part of Randy's set-up for the first four or five years -  a set-up that had no plan or strategy and a set-up that fed Villa fans a whole load of bunkum and moonshine.  Maybe the General wants to come back to prove that he and Randy aren't hiding now times have got tough?  Too little too late if that is the idea.  The General is symbolic of the rampant f#ckwittery that has finally got us relegated - the sooner Randy and his associates clear off the better.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
I don't know what to think about this.  Previously his role was clearly to try to find out what the fans wanted (away from playing matters) by being involved in the community.  When things turned that role clearly became unsuitable as the majority of the last 2 years were people using him to sound off at over the footballing side which was very clearly stated as not part of the remit.  Unfortunately he was as responsible as anyone else for the blurring of those lines and the way he withdrew clearly wasn't ideal but it probably came 2-3 years later than it should've.

I have no idea what he'll bring to this new role but I can understand Randy wanting someone he knows he can trust to be part of the conversations, I just hope it doesn't undermine Hollis who I think is just starting to get some control over things.

It has all the hallmarks of classic Lerner fuzzy-thinking.  Who is reporting to whom?  Who is calling the shots?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 04:17:51 PM »
Anybody seen Saunders_ Heroes? ;)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:57 PM »

It has all the hallmarks of classic Lerner fuzzy-thinking.  Who is reporting to whom?  Who is calling the shots?

Good point, Billy. They will need to have very clearly defined lines for this to work.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »
I just hope it doesn't undermine Hollis who I think is just starting to get some control over things.

This is my concern, too.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »
Unless he moves over here, which is unlikely, he won't have much day to day involvement so I can't see how this changes much of anything.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
Jesus Christ, that's all we need.  Happy enough to hang around peddling his propaganda when things were going OK, then as soon as the shit hits the fan, disappears without a by your leave.  I'd also like to hear his thoughts on the shameless use of the Proud History, Bright Future nonsense at his American college.  I trust he's left them in less of a mess than we were in when he stopped taking an interest here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
Anybody seen Saunders_ Heroes? ;)

If this doesn't get Mazrim back, nothing will!

Sir, yes sir!!!!

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Someone's got to keep an eye on these limeys that are now running the show.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
*waves at pelty*

Good luck to the OM, he'll need it.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »
Needs to bring his mates General Disarray and Major Fuckup with him.

And Private Browsing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal