collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The things they say  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Darlo Dave

Re: The things they say
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »
Cracking story. Great performances all round from the Grealishes this season. Honourable exception for his Dad unless anyone has information to the contrary.

have heard some none too complimentary whispers about him but hey ho, no-ones perfect. Say no more other than Jack would appear to be a chip off the old block

I remember hearing his dad interviewed before the cup final on Radio5. I thought he came across as a bit chippy and arrogant rather than being modest about his son's achievements which of course at the time, was he had played well in about 5 games. He hasn't played well since bar the Leicester first half

To be fair, if I had a son that had played 5 mins in the first team at Villa, I'd buy a t-shirt with his face printed on the front, and get 'THIS IS MY SON, WHO PLAYED FOR ASTON BLOOD VILLA' on the back, and probably never take it off.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
Cracking story. Great performances all round from the Grealishes this season. Honourable exception for his Dad unless anyone has information to the contrary.

have heard some none too complimentary whispers about him but hey ho, no-ones perfect. Say no more other than Jack would appear to be a chip off the old block

I remember hearing his dad interviewed before the cup final on Radio5. I thought he came across as a bit chippy and arrogant rather than being modest about his son's achievements which of course at the time, was he had played well in about 5 games. He hasn't played well since bar the Leicester first half
and the 2nd half against blues

that was just following his managers orders though wasn't it? :-)
sherwood

yep, lets play crap first half and then get into them second half......

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
I should have also said that the deluded bint really was his aunt, and the other woman was his grandmother. I know, as they used to live near to me.

Not that it's important, is the Aunt on the Mom or Dad's side?  Which pub by the way....somewhere in Solihull I'd guess?

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »
I should have also said that the deluded bint really was his aunt, and the other woman was his grandmother. I know, as they used to live near to me.

Not that it's important, is the Aunt on the Mom or Dad's side?  Which pub by the way....somewhere in Solihull I'd guess?

The pub is called the Hornet, opposite the Fox & Goose, as for your other point,dunno.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »

The pub is called the Hornet, opposite the Fox & Goose, as for your other point,dunno.

One of the most boring, soul less pubs around. Hate that place, most seem to stare in to their warm beer contemplating ending it.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »

One of the most boring, soul less pubs around. Hate that place, most seem to stare in to their warm beer contemplating ending it.

sounds like villa park...

Offline conman

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 03:57:24 AM »

and the 2nd half against blues

that was just following his managers orders though wasn't it? :-)
sherwood

yep, lets play crap first half and then get into them second half......
that was the plan and it worked

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »
Yet she'll probably be on the next series of celebrity big brother.

Offline conman

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »

no different than any other weatherspoons , i used to go in there before going over the road to the fox to watch villa away matches. I think lee hendries relatives drink in there too

Offline villabear

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »
I had no idea where the Hornet is so I searched and the first thing that came up described it as "Low-lit, traditional pub with pavement tables, serving real ales and all-day pub grub."

Sounds nice so I looked again to find this which made me laugh out loud.

"food was was nice, but as I was eating I found a hair in the food. Now this happens sometimes I accept that. The waitress was fine, and so was the bar man.
After about ten minutes the manager came over with the big fairy attitude, by then the hair was gone along with my appetite.
He argued about non of his staff having hair similar of which I described. Anyway I got a 70% refund.
Talking to the locals, they says its common."

Second thoughts I might not bother going.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 04:18:30 PM »
I had no idea where the Hornet is so I searched and the first thing that came up described it as "Low-lit, traditional pub with pavement tables, serving real ales and all-day pub grub."

Sounds nice so I looked again to find this which made me laugh out loud.

"food was was nice, but as I was eating I found a hair in the food. Now this happens sometimes I accept that. The waitress was fine, and so was the bar man.
After about ten minutes the manager came over with the big fairy attitude, by then the hair was gone along with my appetite.
He argued about non of his staff having hair similar of which I described. Anyway I got a 70% refund.
Talking to the locals, they says its common."

Second thoughts I might not bother going.

If you have a hangover it is a good gaff getting the hair of the dog down your neck early doors.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »

no different than any other weatherspoons , i used to go in there before going over the road to the fox to watch villa away matches. I think lee hendries relatives drink in there too

Classy joint.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal