collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The things they say  (Read 6755 times)

Offline eddiemunster

The things they say
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
I was in my local last night when the following happened;

Villa fan I know is up the bar and shouts his order to the bar staff, unintentionally pushing in front of two women.One of them turns to him and says "I see you're a Villa fan,did you go down the match today?" The guy said that he had, that we were shite and that we were gonna be relegated etc". At this point she flips and says to him "Do you know who I am?" (She was rather worse for wear, due to drink I suspect). The guy (taking the P) said "yeah you're Emile Heskeys mom" and then she went into berserker mode, "I'm Jack Grealish's aunt, don't you know who I am?" At which point, I reckon everyone in the place knew who the deluded bint was.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: The things they say
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »
I was in my local last night when the following happened;

Villa fan I know is up the bar and shouts his order to the bar staff, unintentionally pushing in front of two women.One of them turns to him and says "I see you're a Villa fan,did you go down the match today?" The guy said that he had, that we were shite and that we were gonna be relegated etc". At this point she flips and says to him "Do you know who I am?" (She was rather worse for wear, due to drink I suspect). The guy (taking the P) said "yeah you're Emile Heskeys mom" and then she went into berserker mode, "I'm Jack Grealish's aunt, don't you know who I am?" At which point, I reckon everyone in the place knew who the deluded bint was.

I hope he got a selfie  :-\

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:54:15 AM »
Talking of Grealish, my nephew saw him in some pub in the Arcadian Centre last weekend. He was being very flash buying drinks all around only for his card to be declined. Apparently he looked very embarrassed, poor thing.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »
Excellent!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:59:10 AM »
You can't buy class

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
I should have also said that the deluded bint really was his aunt, and the other woman was his grandmother. I know, as they used to live near to me.

Offline conman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
I didnt know that was his grandmother

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:53 PM »
Cracking story. Great performances all round from the Grealishes this season. Honourable exception for his Dad unless anyone has information to the contrary.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »
Cracking story. Great performances all round from the Grealishes this season. Honourable exception for his Dad unless anyone has information to the contrary.

have heard some none too complimentary whispers about him but hey ho, no-ones perfect. Say no more other than Jack would appear to be a chip off the old block

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:17:39 PM »

have heard some none too complimentary whispers about him but hey ho, no-ones perfect. Say no more other than Jack would appear to be a chip off the old block

I remember hearing his dad interviewed before the cup final on Radio5. I thought he came across as a bit chippy and arrogant rather than being modest about his son's achievements which of course at the time, was he had played well in about 5 games. He hasn't played well since bar the Leicester first half

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 01:28:12 PM »
I've been led to believe that I'm the great-grandson twenty-three times removed of King Henry the something or other. I might try the "don't you know who I am?" line at some point in the future...

Offline django

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »
I reckon the players are a fair target for ridicule after their performances this season and the woman in question deserves ridicule after her performance but I'm not sure it's a good road to go down slagging off people's families for 'things we've heard'.

Offline conman

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »

I remember hearing his dad interviewed before the cup final on Radio5. I thought he came across as a bit chippy and arrogant rather than being modest about his son's achievements which of course at the time, was he had played well in about 5 games. He hasn't played well since bar the Leicester first half
and the 2nd half against blues

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »

that was just following his managers orders though wasn't it? :-)

Offline conman

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 02:35:31 PM »

that was just following his managers orders though wasn't it? :-)
sherwood

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal