collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Was Lerner just naive?  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Was Lerner just naive?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
a well meaning but totally inept nincompoop - like something out of P G Wodehouse

Ha, yes.  Jeeves and Wooster.  Unfortunately without Wooster.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 12:02:43 PM »
and not much Jeeves

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
Oh B####CKS!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Randy Blandings Lerner

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
L plates. That should probably be the protest. Fox or 'Lerner out' isn't allowed apparently. So, everyone bring L plates. It's ambiguous enough that you shouldn't be thrown out of the ground for waving an L in the air but it would be pretty obvious what it meant. And easy for everyone to get one. I don't think this is a new idea but it's a good one.

Let me see your L's in the air.

L yeah  8)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
"that had shown outstanding loyalty, the like of which he'd never seen before"...what type of loyalty did Lambert need to show? The type the rejects the advances of Blackburn Rovers and other Championship bottom-feeders?

I can't remember the (publicly known) details of Faulkner's departure. Was he happy to get out?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »
"that had shown outstanding loyalty, the like of which he'd never seen before"...what type of loyalty did Lambert need to show? The type the rejects the advances of Blackburn Rovers and other Championship bottom-feeders?

I can't remember the (publicly known) details of Faulkner's departure. Was he happy to get out?

I think the Lambert loyalty thing was some b/s in the aftermath of the Karsa / Culverhouse bullying saga. (i.e. he was happy to stick the boot into his mates to keep the job he wanted to be sacked from)

I'm not sure Faulkner was happy to go.  It looked like something that had been there in the background for a short while and was suddenly announced about 24 hours after he'd done that charity abseil off the roof of The Holte.

The Faulkner thing is purely my unsubstantiated theory. The Lambert quote may not be verbatim, but it's close and definitely that level of protectionism.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 05:28:41 PM »
I think Faulkner was a combination of his relationship with Randy not being what it had been previously, a bit of personal and possibly he could see what was coming and didn't think it was worth the aggravation.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
I think Faulkner was a combination of his relationship with Randy not being what it had been previously, a bit of personal and possibly he could see what was coming and didn't think it was worth the aggravation.

I think that sounds right, and that the years of poor performance took its toll on their relationship. That's the problem of having a small board, when the shit starts to hit the fan the blame gets concentrated rather than spread around.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal