collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Double Trouble  (Read 9926 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Double Trouble
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2016, 08:55:13 PM »
Bristol city, current local team, flirting with relegation again even with the unstoppable Nathan baker in the team.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »
My sporting allegiances revolve around three teams. All local. The Villa of course, Moseley Rugby and Warwickshire Cricket. Two of those currently sit bottom of their respective leagues. Warwickshire better have a decent year!  So 2016 looks like it’s going to be double relegation. Terrific.

I look for the results of some other teams but no more than a passing glance.

So has anyone else got the same ‘Double Trouble’ or remember similar situations in years gone by for their respective teams? I’m sure others might have a Triple Trouble etc etc! I hate 2016!!
Same  3 for me so not much pleasure around.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
Been following Walsall a lot last 8 years.

Going to be very weird to see them maybe finally get promoted in the same year Villa go down and both likely to be in the same division next year.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2016, 09:38:23 PM »
I don't get how you can invest in another team. There's the Villa and then there's 91 other league sides and never the twain shall meet.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2016, 10:27:53 PM »
I don't get how you can invest in another team. There's the Villa and then there's 91 other league sides and never the twain shall meet.

I wouldn't call it investing, it's just having an interest and something to take your mind off the awfulness we are experiencing currently. Hearts was my Grandads club so there's a familial interest as well.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 10:56:50 PM »
Warwickshire CCC
Dallas Cowboys

My adopted team over here were FCVestsjælland, as close to a local team as I could get.

2012/13 Unexpectedly promoted to the Danish top division - Supaliga.
2013/14 Unexpectedly survive in Supaliga activating all manor of bonus clauses and prompting the signing of more experienced (expensive) players.
2014/15 relegated from Supaliga
Autumn 2015 wound up.

NFL I've always.been a Dolphins fan after being force fed stories of the 17-0 team when I started playing in the 80s.
Pretty much perennially shit.

The final insult to FCVestsjælland going bust.

4 or 5 of the players are rumoured to be under investigation for match fixing.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
Villa
Kiddy harriers
Hull KR  rugby league

So it pisses me off when these manure and arse  fans moan about their team. Get in the real world like us buggers.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »
Aston Villa - enough said

Essendon Bombers (AFL) - thanks to an ongoing drug supplement saga, around half of their 1st team squad are suspended for the entire, upcoming season all but securing them bottom place. No relegation thankfully, as there are only 18 professional clubs!

I never thought I'd ever see this here. I'm a Don too and have followed the Bombers since 1983 (became Villa in 1986) and am extremely fortunate to have seen us win 3 premierships in the flesh out of 4 in my lifetime.

However if any Villa fans think it's bad being a Villa fan at present (and the past three seasons) I'd say it's been even worse following Essendon. The drug scandal (not a single test result came out positive) in which even WADA (the guys who busted Lance Armstrong) got involved has rocked us to the core. We've been shat on and pilloried by national media, but most of all local fans still give us fans endless shit as 'cheats' ourselves. If and an English club were in a similar situation, I'd say they would've plummeted to mid to lower League 1 with a massive fanbase, so in the AFL system, sans relegation I think we're lucky. I've signed up as a member again.

As a side note, I was surprised when I first discovered that Essendon has been in existence 3 years longer than our beloved and historically magestic Aston Villa. Two grand old sporting institutions, reaching a twinned historical nadir.

I also have a soft spot for Rochdale, used to watch them a bit and Saint Etienne. Both doing reasonably. Melbourne Victory.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:49:02 AM by Havencheese »

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 07:35:36 PM »
Villa Hartlepool hmmmm , Llandudno (having a great first season in the Welsh premier, Patrick Thistle, Sydney FC Warwickshire cc .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal