collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Something with Press in the title  (Read 10234 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Something with Press in the title
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »
I wonder if chucking the kids in at the deep end might not be a bad idea now. I was worried that the fans might get on their backs and shatter their confidence but I reckon most fans would get behind the kids now, even though they're likely to do no better than those arseholes from the first team. Make the first team divas play reserve football from now until may and blood some kids. It would make me feel better knowing that we'd be giving someone a chance whilst punishing those who squandered their chances. I reckon the crowd might buy into this. Doubt Garde will try it though, he'll probably just carry on complaining about the players whilst still picking them

I've been thinking this for a while. We're fucked so I'd rather see a team out there who look as though they want to play. I don't think a Villa crowd will get on their backs.

What if they turn out to be worse than the team we have now?

How could they be? I could accept being beaten by a team like City if the players had pulled their tripe out and run themselves into the ground. However, a lazier, slippier more half-arsed display I have rarely seen. I never want to see Micah Richards stinking the team out ever again. He's poison in the team, and the same goes for Agbonlahor. Pair of absolute detestable tosspots. Play the kids who will at least try 110%.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 11:09:55 AM »
Agree with that last bit completely.  Player power is getting ridiculous now, we've seen it countless times where players churn out rubbish performances to force a managerial change and it would be great to see a club take a stance against it for once.  Wait until the summer and somehow get rid of all the rotten apples.

Not a huge fan of Garde personally but at least he goes about his task with a bit of dignity.  These cancerous bastards like Agbonlahor, Richards and Lescott should feel ashamed to pick up their salaries at the end of every passing month.  We all know they're not bad players, they just can't be arsed for the fight.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »
Danny Murphy was the latest one at it on 5Live, saying his friends at Villa doubted Garde and his methods, and openly questioned Garde as to the relevance of various training exercises they were doing. I wonder who from our lot he'd still be in contact with?

He then spewed the usual vomit about "need a manager with passion who understands the championship".

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »
I've just red Simon Bird's report on the Newcastle v Bournemouth match and realised that if you replaced the teams with Man City v Villa, you wouldn't notice the difference........His headline said it all......" Betrayed by £60K -A-Week Fraudsters and Shirkers"

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »
Danny Murphy was the latest one at it on 5Live, saying his friends at Villa doubted Garde and his methods, and openly questioned Garde as to the relevance of various training exercises they were doing. I wonder who from our lot he'd still be in contact with?

Probably the voices in his head.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
Yep.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »
Compeltely agree with the last line but the sad reality is that most of these "players" have contracts until at least 2018 and I just can't see anyone wanting to take them. They know full well they'll get another manager who will cosy up to them in an attempt to get performances out of them.

Horrible to watch

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »

He then spewed the usual vomit about "need a manager with passion who understands the championship".

The sad thing about that first paragraph is replace Garde with Venglos and you could be saying exactly the same. 25 years and we haven't progressed.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »

Solid analysis again by one the pundits. Maybe then we should follow the Newcastle model and appoint an English manager with Championship experience. They've done really well out of it.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
I wonder if chucking the kids in at the deep end might not be a bad idea now. I was worried that the fans might get on their backs and shatter their confidence but I reckon most fans would get behind the kids now, even though they're likely to do no better than those arseholes from the first team. Make the first team divas play reserve football from now until may and blood some kids. It would make me feel better knowing that we'd be giving someone a chance whilst punishing those who squandered their chances. I reckon the crowd might buy into this. Doubt Garde will try it though, he'll probably just carry on complaining about the players whilst still picking them

I've been thinking this for a while. We're fucked so I'd rather see a team out there who look as though they want to play. I don't think a Villa crowd will get on their backs.

Do you really think that they would take to the pitch and not try like our current mob?
Its not the results that are the worst thing about this team, its the complete ambivalence that they show.

Offline glasses

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »

Probably the voices in his head.
Richardson and him were at Fulham together I guess. I still try to forget we ever employed him though

Offline glasses

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »

Do you really think that they would take to the pitch and not try like our current mob?
Its not the results that are the worst thing about this team, its the complete ambivalence that they show.
I agree, and at the Everton game the team was supported throughout. The stick is correctly being aimed at the board

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
Like most I want rid of these fucking poor excuse for footballers and as men as they have completely given up but we have to realise that to shift them on they have to play until we are officially relegated (which will not be too long now) once that happens I then would blood as many youngsters as he is allowed to although by doing that he is identifying the worst culprits by omitting them. Spineless wankers the lot of them

When you look over recent weeks the gap has really not changed so if we had a modicum of fight or pride in us we could have really turned this around

It really is a tough call and the sooner its all over the better

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
I think one thing in our favour is that we have mostly accepted the inevitable. Those last minute kick of the ball, goalkeeper in the area, final game of the season relegations must be even more unbearable than what we are going through.

Offline levico

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »
I've got to the point where I hope that Garde is replaced by a total and utter b*****d of a manager (Pearson?) just to teach the players a lesson.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal