collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Something with Press in the title  (Read 10227 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Something with Press in the title
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:39 AM »
I'd agree with that. It's time the club took a stand against this bunch of clowns.

Offline Boz

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
Totally agree with Dave and the other posters, particularly the last paragraph.

I'm old enough to remember the Clough debacle at Leeds when player power perhaps for the first time, removed a manager.

The so called players at B6 who it seems are behind a movement to remove Garde, need to think about the fans they are disrespecting and they are obviously oblivious to the fact that there are not many other clubs who would want them in their squad with the performances they've failed to put in this season. Some of them should never play at a professional level again because they have no professionalism in them.

Garde may have been the wrong man at this time, but he maintains his dignity and undergoes who knows what pressures from the dressing room. His team selections leave one wondering, but he doesn't have many options and I don't think throwing in youngsters in this situation is a solution.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »
My recollection of 1986-87 is that we had a similar number  of hammerings to this (though we still have 9 games to go so it could get worse) but we also won 7-8 league games and playing at Villa Park did not mean abject surrender back then. I think we could spiral even further in these remaining matches.

I genuinely believe we may lose all remaining 9 matches

I am in little doubt - Newcastle at home is the only one I can see us getting anything out of and will entirely depend on their predicament.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
I'm in agreement

Garde has done himself no favours in the last few weeks but that pales into insignificance compared to some of the players where the measure is years.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »
In truth we can only speculate on the goings on at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath- unless somebody has real evidence it is all conjecture about certain players being ring leaders of anarchy amongst the squad. Are any of the coaching staff involved? Is there a source of the worse kind of discontent we can only imagine? Or in reality is a case that confidence is at an all time low and the finger of blame is being pointed?

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 10:13:54 AM »
Last sentence absolutely spot on. I basically just hate the players now.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »
There is more than enough circumstantial evidence to know that there is a hard core of rebels in the dressing room. We all have our contacts.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 10:35:33 AM »
I wonder if chucking the kids in at the deep end might not be a bad idea now. I was worried that the fans might get on their backs and shatter their confidence but I reckon most fans would get behind the kids now, even though they're likely to do no better than those arseholes from the first team. Make the first team divas play reserve football from now until may and blood some kids. It would make me feel better knowing that we'd be giving someone a chance whilst punishing those who squandered their chances. I reckon the crowd might buy into this. Doubt Garde will try it though, he'll probably just carry on complaining about the players whilst still picking them

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »
There is more than enough circumstantial evidence to know that there is a hard core of rebels in the dressing room. We all have our contacts.
But there is also alot of filling in the blanks, scapegoating and people pushing forward opinions as fact. The worst thing at the moment for me is that from the outside I cant see a way of fixing it. We wont have enough money to build a new squad and the majority of the current squad are not going to be on anyones shopping list so (if true) the ringleaders/cliques/rebels will more than likely be there next year as well. We coud sack the manager and all the coaches and start again but this squad just isnt good enough. The owner cant/wont sell for a big loss so how do we turn it around?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 10:38:48 AM »
I wonder if chucking the kids in at the deep end might not be a bad idea now. I was worried that the fans might get on their backs and shatter their confidence but I reckon most fans would get behind the kids now, even though they're likely to do no better than those arseholes from the first team. Make the first team divas play reserve football from now until may and blood some kids. It would make me feel better knowing that we'd be giving someone a chance whilst punishing those who squandered their chances. I reckon the crowd might buy into this. Doubt Garde will try it though, he'll probably just carry on complaining about the players whilst still picking them

I've been thinking this for a while. We're fucked so I'd rather see a team out there who look as though they want to play. I don't think a Villa crowd will get on their backs.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
When I used to play football down the park when I was about 12, if you were playing shit, someone would come over and give you a dead leg or camel bite. It didn't improve your game but it made the rest of the team feel better.
I can't see why this wouldn't work with professional footballers.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »

I've been thinking this for a while. We're fucked so I'd rather see a team out there who look as though they want to play. I don't think a Villa crowd will get on their backs.

Exactly. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen? we've already suffered our heaviest home defeat in decades and been humiliated up and down the country every weekend since August. It really couldn't get worse.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 10:42:27 AM »

What if they turn out to be worse than the team we have now?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
Good, blunt article Dave.
The last paragraph sums up pretty perfectly the plight of our great club just now.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
If we did play the kids, I guarantee we'd end up getting a ridiculous fine for not putting out our strongest side.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal