collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What value could you sell this lot for  (Read 4743 times)

Offline appyarryampton

• GM : 24.01.2016
Re: What value could you sell this lot for
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
We could sell all the senior pro's, add a couple of hundred quid and we would probably have enough to buy a Hyundai i10 (with aircon).

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 02:40:41 PM »
Well, given our next three games are on the telly, the players can get a bit of shopping window exposure for the armchair fan. In many cases the p layers wages being off the books is probably worth more than their transfer fee. Except for, maybe Traore, Ayew and Amavi. The rest of them? Salary over transfer fee off the books.
Are we on telly against Spurs?
Nope

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »
Ok so lets go through those who should be first on the "out" list

1. Richards -4m (someone will be stupid enough to buy the waster)
2. Lescott - 1m to the MLS
3. Cissokho - 1m (there will be takers)
4. Bacuna - 500k anywhere!
5. Guzan - 1m MLS
6. Sinclair - 2m to someone stupid enough
7. Clark - 2-3m someone will buy him i reckon if we offered

Those who will go that would be worth keeping

8. Ayew - 8m ish
9. Gueye - 8m ish
10. Adama - 6-7m ish

Total at best - 32 ish million if lucky

Those we are stuck with due to wages

Gabby (bollocks)
Hutton (will give all at right back, did well for Bolton in the Championship)
Westwood (probably do ok)

Whatever is left we need to build a side with some fight and some guts.

Hopefully Veretout and Okore will stay.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »
What an awful squad we've managed to assemble.
I'd have done a better job than those numpties in charge of recruitment.

Offline supertom

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Some of our British players would still sell for that Brit premium I think. Richards despite being shite as fook would still get 4ish. Lescott may get 500-750k in the summer, which given his age and being in his final year is probably quite good. Sinclair would get us about 3 mill, maybe 4 at a push.
Clark: 2-3mill
Westwood: 1-2mill
Gabby: 1 million.
Baker: 500k??
Bennett: next to nothing.
Steer: 500k
Bunn: 400-500k
Grealish: 8 mill (despite the dire season there's probably enough dribbles of hype left, and his age, that make him our most saleable asset).

As far as some of these players go, there will always be takers. Someone will fancy Richards and Sinclair. We also have to hope some outdated relic looks at Gabby and sees a punt worth taking. I'm thinking Tiny Penis may be just that twonk.

As for the others (IF there are takers):
Guzan: 1 mill
Cissokho: 1 mill
Hutton: 1 mill
Okore: 1.5 mill
Sanchez: 500k-1mill (Age. Poor. No reputation at all and being an unnoticed cog in a half decent Colombia side has been forgotten now).
Gana: 3-4 mill (Flopped at this level)
Veretout: 4 (flopped but young enough to get a reasonable chunk back)
Ayew: 5 (as above)
Adama: 4-5mill (erm...as above).
Gil: 1 mill
Amavi: 6 mill (was looking good before the injury. That will knock his price down a little).
Bacuna: 500k
Gardner: 500k
Gestede: 3 mill
Kozak: 1 mill

I don't think Veretout or Ayew will want to stay.
There won't be too many takers for any of this lot to be honest.
Because of their injury problems, Adama and Amavi will probably stay to rebuild their career, but a good start to next term and they could be looking at the exit by january.

I think the disappointing aspect will be trying to shift so many chronic underachievers and not being able to do so. The likes of Gabby and Westwood etc.

There will be a big onus on the young kids next season to step up.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »
Players we could sell and would actually get a buyer for:

Guzan £1-2m to MLS.
Baker £500k championship team.
Sinclair £2-3m should have takers at promoted clubs.
Robinson - £100k to Preston North End.
Cissokho - £1m someone would buy him.
Clark - £1m possibly to WBA, Sunderland or similar.
Kozak - £3m to Celtic.
Gardner £500k to Nottingham Forrest.
Lescott - £1m to MLS.

Players we might get a fee for if someone came in:

Okore £3m
Gueye £1m back to France with us paying him off for lower wages.
Veretout - £1-2m to another Prem team (Leicester were interested last season, might take him at a low enough fee).
Ayew - £4-5m to a struggling Prem team.
Gil - £1m back to Spain, but might have to give him a pay off.
We might get £100-200k each for youth players like Donacien, Green, Steer etc but not more as unproven.

*Edit Forgot Amavi who I think after half a season we could £5m for.

Leaving everybody else, where I think we are looking at free transfers, and possibly having to cover part wages to get rid.

Have said elsewhere that I think the board will sell any player that we have an offer for. Their focus will be on wage bill reduction.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:56:42 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
With the exception of Amavi, Ayew and perhaps Veretout, I wouldn't give you a goldfish and a balloon for the rest of them, the shit wankers.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:18 PM »
Ok so lets go through those who should be first on the "out" list

1. Richards -4m (someone will be stupid enough to buy the waster)
2. Lescott - 1m to the MLS
3. Cissokho - 1m (there will be takers)
4. Bacuna - 500k anywhere!
5. Guzan - 1m MLS
6. Sinclair - 2m to someone stupid enough
7. Clark - 2-3m someone will buy him i reckon

Swap Baker for Clark and those would be the players I would want rid of as well.  I would like to see us keep Cissokho as well.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 04:55:13 AM »
I wonder how many of those listed as flops would do very well with good players around them?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
Players we could sell and would actually get a buyer for:

Guzan £1-2m to MLS.
Baker £500k championship team.
Sinclair £2-3m should have takers at promoted clubs.
Robinson - £100k to Preston North End.
Cissokho - £1m someone would buy him.
Clark - £1m possibly to WBA, Sunderland or similar.
Kozak - £3m to Celtic.
Gardner £500k to Nottingham Forrest.
Lescott - £1m to MLS.

Players we might get a fee for if someone came in:

Okore £3m
Gueye £1m back to France with us paying him off for lower wages
Veretout - £1-2m to another Prem team (Leicester were interested last season, might take him at a low enough fee).
Ayew - £4-5m to a struggling Prem team.
Gil - £1m back to Spain, but might have to give him a pay off.
We might get £100-200k each for youth players like Donacien, Green, Steer etc but not more as unproven.

*Edit Forgot Amavi who I think after half a season we could £5m for.

Leaving everybody else, where I think we are looking at free transfers, and possibly having to cover part wages to get rid.

Have said elsewhere that I think the board will sell any player that we have an offer for. Their focus will be on wage bill reduction.

Considering Gueye has statistically been one of our strongest performers other clubs will use those stats and pay much closer to what we did. Veretout likewise has got a number of assists this season and shown in flashes that he can play, although I think he might be kept. Ayew has been a bright spot in a decent side, if Bournemouth paid 7m for Grabban, we will get at least that for Ayew. We would not have to pay any of them off at all. We might with Gabby, but I reckon that will be the only one.

Why would we sell Steer and Gardner - 2 players performing well in the league we will be in next season?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
With the exception of Amavi, Ayew and perhaps Veretout, I wouldn't give you a goldfish and a balloon for the rest of them, the shit wankers.

Bit harsh on Adama, he's shown promise. He's a young player in a new country who's had some injuries. I wouldn't write him off at all yet.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
I wonder how many of those listed as flops would do very well with good players around them?

Nearly everyone looks good with good players around them, look at some of the players that have hidden in the Man utd team down the years.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 02:43:01 PM »

Bit harsh on Adama, he's shown promise. He's a young player in a new country who's had some injuries. I wouldn't write him off at all yet.

He seems to me like a player who thinks he's doing us a favour by being here.  I'll be very surprised if he isn't one of the first out of the door when he's fit again. 

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »
With the the USPs of each one as follows, I would say not a huge amount:

1] Brad Guzan (bad attitude, poor distribution, weak shot stopper, bollock waiting to be dropped.  Hard sell required)
2] Nathan Baker (old fashioned stopper, has a bit of fight, agricultural style, made of glass.  We should keep him.)
3] Joe Bennett (mid-table championship standard defender, might get 0.5m)
4] Micah Richards (billy big bollocks, shite attitude, gobshite, positional sense of headless chicken, delusions of being a centre back. Hopefully Steve Bruce or Pulis will sign him for 5m)
5] Jores Okore (shows promise at times, hampered by injury and playing with a bunch of useless fuckwits, easily worth 4-5m)
6] Ciaran Clark (championship level at best, has all the qualities of a top class CB except pace, strength, positional nous and concentration.  Luncheon vouchers accepted.)
7] Leandro Bacuna (nice free kick once every three years, otherwise not quite sure what he is for.  Ten quid novelty value.)
8] Idrissa Gueye (Has veered between looking decent and out of his depth.  New to the league, needs better players around him, PL standard, 4-5m)
9] Scott Sinclair (Some "celebrity's" husband who wondered onto a football pitch and occasionally remembers what it's for.  Might get a million off Bruce)
11] Gabby Agbonlahor (One of "us", and about as talented,  yet doesn't give a shit.  Paint him silver and let him do his statue impersonations in the city centre to raise a few bob.  Not even Bruce would buy him, surely)
43) Cissokho (Reasonable enough if unspectacular defender with a decent attitude, hampered by the crossing skills of a threshing machine.  2m)
13] Jed Steer (untested product)
14] Philippe Senderos (no longer in stock)
15] Ashley Westwood (All the attributes to make a top class PL midfielder - pace, strength, attitude, incisive passing, goals, free kick delivery, tracking runners, tempo setting and presence - Mr Westwood is a stranger to all of them.  Good at conceding needless penalties and watching the ball and pointing like Kinsella as opponents stream forward past him. Ideally suited to league 1 or a job at IKEA.  500k)
17] Jordan Veretout  (Shows promise, looks like he could play some decent football if surrounded by other footballers.  Could see him somewhere like Southampton or Swansea for 6-8m) 
18] Kieran Richardson (Ability to be equally abysmal in a variety of positions.  Jack of no trades, master of conning a living out of doomed PL clubs.  Possibly brings the doom  with him, kind of a walking curse, but not as interesting. Avoid.)
19] Jordan Ayew  (This boy has something - heart, desire, and not a little ability.  Would be surprised if we can't at least get our money back on him, but would love to keep him)
21] Alan Hutton (If you need an "honest trier" who will bomb forward, scoop the ball into the keepers hands, and then jog back just in time to pick the ball out of your net after the guy he is meant to be marking has scored from an ocean of space, Al's your man.  Can also hospitalise on command. Bruce or Pulis might buy him for 1.5m)
22] Gary Gardner (Another academy product who has failed to live up to the hype - seems to have found his level in the Champo so perhaps should hang on to him)
23] Jordan Amavi  (As a full back, a bit early Gareth Bale - great going forward but some very ropey defending.  Great cross and potential to make a fantastic attacking left midfielder, like Bale.  Assuming he recovers fully, we should not sell for less than 10m plus sell on clauses for when he ends up at Real Madrid.)
24] Carlos Sanchez (There's a good footballer in there somewhere.  Has technical ability but even after two seasons seems to struggle with the pace of the PL and stamina and thus gives the ball away far too often and cheaply when tiring.  Ideal for the slower pace of Italian or maybe Spanish leagues.  Might get 2-3m for him.) 
25] Carles Gil (Bit of a luxury player, nice touches but not enough end product.  Might be a little lightweight for the Championship.  1-2m from some Spanish club or other.
27] Libor Kozak (Possibly a busted flush, but might do a job in the lower division.  Maybe Celtic will still be interested for 1-2m)
28] Charles N'Zogbia (Lazy, happy to sit on his arse and count his money or spend it on horrendous clothing.  The new Habib Beye.  You'd have to be an imbecile to want to sign this waster.)
31] Mark Bunn (If you are in need of a decent third choice keeper, yet still better than Guzan, he's your man.  Should be ok in the Championship)
33] Jose Angel Crespo (does he really exist?)
39] Rudy Gestede (Useful if you require a tall immobile structure. Tony Pulis seems to like those.  2m)
40] Jack Grealish (Don't believe the hype. Unfortunately Jack started to, changed his name to Billy, and grew unfeasibly large testicles.  Might make a decent player when he no longer needs his wheelbarrow.  Don't think we'll get much for him until then.)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
Outstanding work.

Westwood should be sent to Croydon IKEA to work under a line-manager to whom he can aspire and one day point to his heart's content once more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal