collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 728560 times)

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #5580 on: May 25, 2016, 10:58:32 PM »
A new Remi Garde is being lined up to replace the old.

Pearson was Hollis' choice, yet somehow the announcements are all about RdM after he stepped in and won the Champions League with somebody else's team.

Every time we get a glimmer of hope it's always dashed.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, just when we thought we were at ground zero - a bottomless pit appears. We have been brow beaten into watching our decaying club continue to rot away and we watch on helplessly.

So very sad and disappointing.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5581 on: May 25, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
RDM has a reputation for being lazy and arrogant.
like most of our playing squad

Correct. Let the shit see the shit as Paddy McGuinness would say.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5582 on: May 25, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
A new Remi Garde is being lined up to replace the old.

Pearson was Hollis' choice, yet somehow the announcements are all about RdM after he stepped in and won the Champions League with somebody else's team.

Every time we get a glimmer of hope it's always dashed.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, just when we thought we were at ground zero - a bottomless pit appears. We have been brow beaten into watching our decaying club continue to rot away and we watch on helplessly.

So very sad and disappointing.

Ok, I can get the concerns about RDM being a bit lazy etc, but this has to be the most melodramatic couple of posts I have seen in day or so. Brilliant.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #5583 on: May 25, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »
What reputation?
That's completely needs to be  challenged in regard to
RDM . That's more opinion to call someone lazy and arrogant what evidence to suggest this as a consistent attributes this guy has and I presume you mean as a manager rather than person.
The new owner has looked at creditentials and looks like he fits well. Can't say fairer than that

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5584 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:57 AM »
West Brom fans always maintain that Peace sacked him because he was hardly ever at training and didn't really care about the job and was always touting for something better. Now to get something better than Villa, he is going to have to get us up, and keep us there. As for never there, if he appoints a really good coaching team and is less hands on then again, I am not fussed as long as it gets results.

My fear is ending up with Pearson who will end up causing more headaches than solving them.

One up of RDM is that you might get 3-4 young Chelsea lads on loan. There are some very decent ones there that won't be playing much too.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5585 on: May 26, 2016, 12:52:52 AM »
Regarding Pearson though, what headaches did he create with the players? On the whole the things you hear are very positive about him with his players especially at Leicester.

And do you blame RDM for wanting out at Albion?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5586 on: May 26, 2016, 01:30:57 AM »
Agree on both counts, TV.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #5587 on: May 26, 2016, 05:23:16 AM »
Because RdM got lucky and let them do what they wanted.
Everywhere else he has been he has been found out.
He has no balls and is an Italian Remi Garde. Probably a lovely guy to live next door to, but not the guy to roll his sleeves up and get Villa out of

MK Dons, play offs first attempt.
Wba, promoted at first attempt, best start in their Premier League history.
Chelsea, 2 trophies, sacked when 3rd with 23 pts from 11 games.
Schalke, took over 11th finished 6th.

With due respect, you're talking shite.
With you here...and quite what we are expecting being a championship club I don't know.
Read that at Schalke the players all respected him and knew who was boss as soon as he walked through the door. And that at a club that was said to be a nightmare to manage...
We could an awful lot worse with what's out there given the current state of our club.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5588 on: May 26, 2016, 07:54:21 AM »
One name that hasn't been mentioned is ........Gary Penrice.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5589 on: May 26, 2016, 07:56:59 AM »
Regarding Pearson though, what headaches did he create with the players? On the whole the things you hear are very positive about him with his players especially at Leicester.

And do you blame RDM for wanting out at Albion?

For me the headaches are the bad publicity he draws rather than anything relating to the players.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #5590 on: May 26, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »
You can pick faults with all managers.  It's a results game and, the better the results, the more forgiving are the fans.

Offline peter w

« Reply #5591 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »
West Brom fans always maintain that Peace sacked him because he was hardly ever at training and didn't really care about the job and was always touting for something better. Now to get something better than Villa, he is going to have to get us up, and keep us there. As for never there, if he appoints a really good coaching team and is less hands on then again, I am not fussed as long as it gets results.

My fear is ending up with Pearson who will end up causing more headaches than solving them.

One up of RDM is that you might get 3-4 young Chelsea lads on loan. There are some very decent ones there that won't be playing much too.

See this has never bothered me. I've been at clubs where the manager is everywhere, and others where training is just the coaches and you see the manager on matchday.Two examples - Bobby Hope at Bromsgrove was not only there for training but joined in. Chris Wright at Stafford and Alvechurch was rarely seen at training. Made not a jot of difference. As long as you have confidence in those who are doing the sessions and the manager come Saturday, the ship is run tightly. It's when the players have little regard for one or the other that the trouble starts.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #5592 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
Let's be honest, no one is going to be the perfect fit are they.  We are beggars at the moment, due to the incredibly poor running of the club and where we now sit.  RDM, Pearson, Bruce, Moyes et al, all come with baggage.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5593 on: May 26, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Better player fitness levels, better defending of set plays, more goals from our own set pieces, a distinctive playing style, clear commitment from the players, the judicious use of our promising youth players, a focus on the short-term but an eye to the medium/long-term, someone who talks up the club and understands the history of the club ...

These are the basics of the new manager job description.

I don't care who it is as long as the successful candidate can tick these boxes, but I'd guess those that could tick them are Howe, Hughton and Pearson.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5594 on: May 26, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
I do find it incredible that given an Ashley run Newcastle is nearly as much of a basket case as us yet unlike us have managed to persuade a top class manager to stay with them and seemingly funds for players isn't going to be an issue.  Yet here we are nearly three months after sacking our manager and we are down to an awe inspiring choice of Di Matteo or Pearson.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal