collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 728892 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #4170 on: May 04, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »
If Pearson is the bloke they want, I'd do it straight after the Arsenal game.

If he's the bloke they want, why aren't they doing it now?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #4171 on: May 04, 2016, 09:18:19 AM »
If he's the bloke they want, who are 'they'?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4172 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »

No idea, could be for any number of reasons. Maybe he wants to wait until the end of the season. It doesn't really matter that much, we're down anyway. Starting afresh is better me thinks.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #4173 on: May 04, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
That's why I think Pearson is ideal. He's created a sense of real togetherness with Leicester that was strong enough to keep them mentally on it in April despite being bottom for a long time.

He's very loyal to his players, which can have its negatives too, but from what I've read he takes a real interest in looking after them which Leicester's lot seemed to value.

Given that we may find it impossible to shift on the toxic few, it may need to be evolution in certain cases rather than the desired revolution.

You've made a strong case there Ads - and I'm at the stage now where I too think Pearson might well be the best candidate to turn this club's fortunes round on the park. I've witnessed his sides in The Championship: and they've always looked organised, hard-working and hard to beat. Many of us may not particularly like some of his personality traits, but he's the type of manager that I believe we need to instill discipline & a sense of togetherness in the dressing room & beyond. It doesn't appear Moyes is mad enough to sup from the poisoned chalice, but hopefully Nigel Pearson will be. We could - and indeed have done - one helluva lot worse. Get him in asap, I say.   

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #4174 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »
If he's the bloke they want, who are 'they'?

Indeed - and thereby lies the root of our ongoing 'problems'...

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4175 on: May 04, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »
If the Club does not know where it's at regarding the future owner, why would a manager sign on. Any reasonable manager will want to know what conditions he will be working under.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4176 on: May 04, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »

No idea, could be for any number of reasons. Maybe he wants to wait until the end of the season. It doesn't really matter that much, we're down anyway. Starting afresh is better me thinks.
If it is him it then it should have been signed some time ago.  If the delay is on our part it smacks of dithering and valuable time wasted.  If on his, then I hope we have a plan B as his stock has just risen and he may well get better offers. (justified or not).

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #4177 on: May 04, 2016, 10:28:09 AM »

If it is him it then it should have been signed some time ago.  If the delay is on our part it smacks of dithering and valuable time wasted.  If on his, then I hope we have a plan B as his stock has just risen and he may well get better offers. (justified or not).

Exactly. It matters a lot if we're dithering and giving others a chance to sign him up. Perhaps the only "advantage" of early relegation is that we know before anyone else what we'll be doing next season. I don't trust Lerner or the military monkey he's got on our board to do anything properly. Just my guess, but I sense another fuck up on the cards here. I see McLeish is back in the job market....

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #4178 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
I went on a stag weekend in Bournemouth 20 odd years ago and to kill time and to keep us out the pub, we went to watch the Cherries on the Saturday. We heartily joined in the chants of 'Pulis Out' even though we were unaware of the sheer prickery of the man back then.

I feel as though I have a head start on any chanting for next season if we do employ the buffoon.

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #4179 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
I hope it was 'Pulis out' you heard...

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4180 on: May 04, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
Pearson has got one team out of the Championship once, and he isn't exactly a young up and coming manager.

With the standards suitably lowered to the point that Mick McCarthy and Steve Bruce are linked with the job, I can understand the logic in a lesser-of-three evils way.

But even as a Championship club, we can do better.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #4181 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
Alex McLeish is available.  Just left Egyptian side Zamalek after a whopping 65 days.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4182 on: May 04, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »
Alex McLeish is available.  Just left Egyptian side Zamalek after a whopping 65 days.

Apologies in advance - but he's really dropping down the football pyramid isn't he? 

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #4183 on: May 04, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »
At least he's not in DeNile about it.

All Tom's fault.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #4184 on: May 04, 2016, 11:14:26 AM »
Out of work again - poor Giza

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal