collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 728815 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »
Break the bank for Howe.
Aston Villa in the championship is still a bigger job than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2016, 10:09:31 AM »
Moyes is just not going to happen.

Of the possibles then Howe would be great but don't write off Rowett. If he came and said something along he lines of "I've been a Villa fan all my life and nothing was going to stop me saying yes to this wonderful club" I think he'd get a genuine honeymoon period.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »

Of the possibles then Howe would be great but don't write off Rowett. If he came and said something along he lines of "I've been a Villa fan all my life and nothing was going to stop me saying yes to this wonderful club" I think he'd get a genuine honeymoon period.

Agreed. Moyes has has been asked enough times and always turns us down. I think he's lost his mojo. It'll be interesting to see how he does with the Mags.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
Billy Davies.

British, knows the Chanpionship and is passionate. Think that ticks all the boxes.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »

It'll never happen though - the board will go with the oft-repeated nonsense about the objections to McLeish being about where he came from rather than who he was.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
Pearson. We all know it's going to be him.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Break the bank for Howe.
Aston Villa in the championship is still a bigger job than Bournemouth in the Premier League.

Would he want to ruin his reputation by coming to us? I'm not sure he would.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Given the track record of appointments, I have zero faith in this lot to put a man in who will tick all the right boxes for me. Cheap and available, so we don't pay compo and don't piss other clubs off by poaching their Manager, just the way a club with no bollocks would act. Time to see if Hollis is man enough to sort out the structure and see if he's happy to piss, say, Burnley off for Sean Dyche or Rangers for Warburton.  It's about time we rebuilt and started to shake off the sleeping giant tag.

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »

I fear you may well be right. Lerner's last appointment as owner could well be a racist thug. What a parting present that would be.

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »
Whoever is manager needs to get rid of pretty much everyone in the squad. They're all used to one thing - losing. It's a mentality that seems to be ingrained with a lot of them.

More than a new manager, we need a group of players who are used to winning games. We should bring in 15 players from the Championship/Div 1 who are all used to winning games. Bring them together and you have players who have belief. Look at Leicester, just goes to show how much belief can affect a group of players. Individually, most are hardly the best in the world.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »
Sean Dyche

Ok I've just looked at where Burnley are in the table,  there's not much chance of him coming if they go up. However, if they don't, it might be worth asking if that new contract he signed last month has a release clause.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:45:57 AM by johnny from donny »

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2016, 10:39:01 AM »
I don't think I would ever be comfortable supporting a man who thinks the word "ostrich" is a clever insult.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »

I fear you may well be right. Lerner's last appointment as owner could well be a racist thug. What a parting present that would be.

I'd be as deeply unenthusiastic as anybody on Pearson, but what exactly makes him racist?

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
Howe or Warbuton for me...but with our owner, we will probably get Bob Bradley or Di Canio.

Offline django

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2016, 10:53:19 AM »
Read Brian Green's post on the Garde thread to explain why this is almost irrelevant. It is like deciding what CD to play while your car is on fire.

It's a great line but enough of this resignation and what more can we do attitude. As others have pointed out when Rowett took over at blues they were even more of a mess than we are, he's had to sell their best players but he's not only stabilised them he's got them chasing the play offs.

The biggest issue is Lerner but if we take the Remy Garde approach that it's all hopeless then we truly are going to keep dropping through the leagues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal