collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 728718 times)

Offline Uknowthescore

Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
Gary rowett would do a good job. Plus would upset the noses

Offline levico

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 09:07:16 AM »
Doesn't matter who we have if Fox, Riley ans Almstadt are still in place.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »
In no given order and thinking realistically...

Simon Grayson
Glenn Hoddle
Dean Smith
Martin Laursen

Jesus laursen why ?

Isnt he doing his coaching badges?  I'm not one for going for Villa legends for legends sake and I wouldn't be saying him as a premier league club.  Might just work.

Offline mrbrightside

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
Gary Rowett, he's worked miracles at SHA. He plays decent football, can get the best out of average to poor players and would bring some kids through. If he can get SHA challenging for the play offs then he'd have no trouble getting us out of the league.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 09:25:23 AM »
Number one target has to be Moyes -  may have missed a trick though with Newcastle sniffing.

Rowett would be too much to swallow if he is not an instant success, although I do rate him as a manager.

Moyes has worked on a budget although he was slow in bringing youth players through - one of the main cries of distain from Evertonians (didnt really give Barkley too much of a go, his hand  was forced over Rooney and Osman was a necessity at the time).

By Moyes does know lower division football, has good contacts and would be given longer than 6 months to get it right.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 09:27:01 AM »
In no given order and thinking realistically...

Simon Grayson
Glenn Hoddle
Dean Smith
Martin Laursen

Jesus laursen why ?

It's not really any more silly a suggestion than your Nigel Pearson one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:33:22 AM by Dave »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »
Gary Rowett, he's worked miracles at SHA. He plays decent football, can get the best out of average to poor players and would bring some kids through. If he can get SHA challenging for the play offs then he'd have no trouble getting us out of the league.

Swops between West Midland teams on the whole don't work - just an initial thought.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »
He probably won't come but Eddie Howe for me.

Howe for me, too. Also a gentleman. My dad and I were lucky to meet him in a restaurant in Bournemouth last summer. He took the time to leave the friend he was with to have a 20 minute chat with us about Bournemouth FC and the first game for them, incidentally against us. He thought it was about time we started acting like the big club we are. I'd love him as manager. I think one day he'll be England boss.

Can't see him.coming to us,though.

Sounds like a good chap.

Fucking hell that line is so prescient. We need someone that's not going to see that fact as a burden, but as an advantage.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
Read Brian Green's post on the Garde thread to explain why this is almost irrelevant. It is like deciding what CD to play while your car is on fire.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »
The only people who would take the job would be either mad or desperate.

We will probably end up with Malky McKay.

But it is totally irrelevant.

Offline mrbrightside

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »

Ron Saunders got Blues up straight away when they went down.

McLeish was poor, but everyone in the world knew that apart from Randy.

Don't really care if they're from the Midlands or not, if they can do a good job for us then get them in. If Rowett was managing Charlton and achieved the success he has at SHA his name would be being put forward.

Swops between West Midland teams on the whole don't work - just an initial thought.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 09:39:38 AM »
 there have been other clubs who are as dysfunctional/skint/fucked up who have got their act together (Watford springs instantly to mind) Don't under estimate what a good seasoned pro can achieve. In no particular order I think Moyes, Dyche, and, dare I say it, Bruce, could all do a more effective job than Sherwood or Garde . We have to be positive.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
Even with relegation imagine the lift the club would get if we appointed Moyes in the summer. Would you trust the club to do it though?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »
René Girard.

Won the league with Montpellier and has the same initials as Garde, so we could save money on a tracksuit.

I'll be amazed if we don't go with someone with a track record of being sacked by English clubs though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:48:08 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 09:54:50 AM »
Those who think that Moyes would come along to this basket case are in cloud cuckoo land.  Absolutely no chance of it happening.  I even don't think he'd be mad enough to go to Newcastle. 

We should have got allardyce when we had the chance, to stabilise us for a couple of years or so.  He has got Sunderland performing and I still believe he laid the foundations for West Ham.  In three years time we could have added our Bilic to take it on a level.

It won't be anyone at all inspiring with this mob at the helm.  Rowett would be good, but wouldn;t be given the slack if he didn't hit the ground running but I really rate him. 

We may as well just stick with Garde.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal