collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Lowton in The Times  (Read 17431 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Matt Lowton in The Times
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »
that's because they live in an isolated cultural wasteland  with nothing to recommend it other than drinking yourself into oblivion to try and forget you live in an isolated cultural wasteland.

I must have missed Birmingham being this exciting, vibrant city then during the 25 years I lived there.

*awaits Percy's arrival*

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
Thanks for a couple of great goals Matt, and being part of super team goal against Sunderland. Other than that you were a complete liability as a defender at PL level.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
I don't think this is about how good or bad Lowton was for us as a player. He has no reason to make false allegations, it's further proof that there are big problems at the club in the culture and atmosphere.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »
I was being ironic about Newcastle but didn't Garde say he turned them down because they didn't have a decent art gallery?

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »
That's rubbish, there is modern art decorating the pavements every Friday and Saturday.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »
I don't think this is about how good or bad Lowton was for us as a player. He has no reason to make false allegations, it's further proof that there are big problems at the club in the culture and atmosphere.

Maybe so but coming from a player whose departure was based in no small measure on his reluctance to relocate closer to his place of work, it comes across to me a little more like "I could have been a contender" griping than a further evidence of the malaise at Villa Park. There's enough to be unhappy at the moment about without giving too much credence to the musings of someone who lost their place to Leandro Bacuna, playing out of position to boot. Nice goal at Stoke though. I'll always remember that with much fondness.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
Absolutely

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »
Absolutely

All he's said is that players got on with some players and not so well with others. That's life, big deal.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »
that's because they live in an isolated cultural wasteland  with nothing to recommend it other than drinking yourself into oblivion to try and forget you live in an isolated cultural wasteland.

I must have missed Birmingham being this exciting, vibrant city then during the 25 years I lived there.

*awaits Percy's arrival*

He'll be along soon. Held up by a lack of public transport options in the city.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2016, 08:16:33 PM »
Absolutely

All he's said is that players got on with some players and not so well with others. That's life, big deal.
What is your problem?
Try not to hide behind any bullshit with your answer
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:18:23 PM by in exile »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal