collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Don't Renew Until Lerner's Through (Conning You)  (Read 11661 times)

Offline basavfc

Re: Don't Renew Until Lerner's Through (Conning You)
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2016, 10:42:06 PM »
For me the club is barely recognisable from the one I used to pay £1.50 to watch from the Holte End terrace when I was a kid in the '80s. Not only is the experience of attending matches so sterile and joyless, it's also depressingly predictable. The only game I've been to recently was Wycombe, because there was an outside chance that we might win, and because it was only a tenner.

The cost is something that really boils my piss. How can watching a bunch of millionaires fail to do their jobs properly ever be worth what we're asked to pay? No matter how it compares to other clubs, it is ridiculously, scandalously expensive.

I have the utmost respect for all those fans who'll attend matches regardless of price, or shitness. They have had their game stolen off them and sold back to them at a premium. Football is a money man's dream, because the 'customers' are like no other. They will keep on handing over money because of an unbreakable loyalty to their clubs.

When fans dare to question anything, to protest, to boo or whatever, they are then criticised by people who never have to pay a penny to watch a game. They're labelled 'fickle' - an accusation that would never, ever be levelled at consumers of any other product. But consumers we are. And as long as fans keep coughing up, football will only go in one direction.

I will probably go to a few more matches next season, but I increasingly find my attachment is to a club and a game that only exists in my memories. The club I see, I don't recognise.

This

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »
I agree with so many different posts for so many different reasons, Villa are in my blood, they are my family , my  friends , you never leave them in time of trouble do you ?  We all have differing ways we think we can bring about regime change but making Villa Park empty/emptier won't tempt any new benefactor will it ?   Like so many on here I like my seat and those who sit around me and should Aston Villa be going into the Championship I'll be going with her. True love never dies.

Offline MillerBall

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:59 PM »
I have been a Season Ticket holder for many years and attend as many aways as I can.
I feel no strong emotional link or concern for the current players whose on field performances become more comedic every week. It could be fairly argued it is not their fault somebody was foolish to assemble such an inappropriate group of players to compete at this level and give them the honour to pull on the Claret and Blue shirt.

I will no doubt be stupid enough to renew (but there will be no need in reality since we will have plenty of spare seats unless this wretched regime changes).
We will sadly be likely to have large numbers of games moved for television I suspect and the likes of Thursday nights etc is not particularly appealing.

Wishful thinking on my part but as soon as the season ends or indeed "why wait" the likes of Fox, Almstadt and Riley will need to go and Lerner needs to make a full and humble apology to the supporters for the mess he has created.

Remi Garde seems a good man but I am not convinced he should stay either; it really is an Omni shambles and the senior figures at the club seem to be struggling to build bridges with the supporters and this will impact on season ticket sales if it is not resolved.

Other than that, all is fine.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »
It's a terrible shame but I feel that the only way to rid ourselves of Learner is to stop going to games, don't buy a season ticket or club merchandise. It's awful I know but if we continue to put money into the club, why would he want to leave?? I feel he may find a buyer a whole lot quicker if we stop spending. So sad it's come to this

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »
It's a terrible shame but I feel that the only way to rid ourselves of Learner is to stop going to games, don't buy a season ticket or club merchandise. It's awful I know but if we continue to put money into the club, why would he want to leave?? I feel he may find a buyer a whole lot quicker if we stop spending. So sad it's come to this
That makes no sense to me. Whatever amounts the fans are spending is not enough already, going by the latest accounts, so I'm not sure how this would encourage him to sell up any quicker.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
Nothing can encourage him to sell any quicker. He's running a club in to the ground, therefore unless he is willing to accept a pittance then no one will be buying.

We are shelling money left right and centre
We have a terrible playing squad
We are getting relegated
We are going to see a huge drop in income
We have some players still sitting around on fat long term contracts

I can see no reason why anyone would pay decent money for a completely failing business. They haven't even begun to turn this ship around yet, they haven't even stopped it careering in to more icebergs. All this lurching from one plan to another, there was no plan all along, it's called winging it and it's what people who don't have a fucking clue what they are doing do. Smooth talk, sales patter, frilly language, complete bollocks with no substance.

Hollis has come in, we are cancelling mileage claims and not serving biscuits..... none of this will make an iota of a difference to why we are failing and losing massive ammounts of money year on year.

Having pillocks making decisions behind the scenes, employing joey's with no background and bumper contracts then paying them off, CEO's on top 6 money when we are a failing business.

None of it makes any sense, they're all bloody barmy and they're taking us down with them.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
Do you mind changing the term Joey to something less offensive? 

Offline glasses

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2016, 07:49:54 PM »
If I could afford it, I'd buy one. It's not my priority since becoming a dad though. I'll go when I can get a ticket, and may even take my son to his first match this year. I still love the villa, I just don't like them very much at the moment.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »
Next year will be my 26th consecutive. I'm going nowhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal