collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Don't Renew Until Lerner's Through (Conning You)  (Read 11662 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Don't Renew Until Lerner's Through (Conning You)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 07:57:40 PM »
Gave up my ST a couple of years ago so I could take my Grandson with me. We initially went to every home game and a couple of aways. We now only do Saturday and early Sunday matches. Midweek games on a school night have gone, as have evening weekend kick-offs. I love the Villa, I just don't really like what is happening at the moment. His stepdad has bought him a Chelsea kit. We had words.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 08:12:01 PM »
I shall be there.  Like Ads I like my seat.  It's where we always used to stand.  Now I just cannot imagine not following the Villa.  How good, bad or indifferent they are over time has become irrelevant. They are Aston Villa, this is Villa Park and I am here watching them.  The rest is just sound and fury.  In the time it takes for Stoke to take a throw in we will all be bouncing up and down again hugging each other.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
I would have quit the season card had we stayed up but dragged along on only five or six home wins.

As it is I will renew next season. Aston Villa (not necessarily the players, certainly not Randy Lerner) will need my support more next season.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:35 PM »
Well said Chris. Excellent.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
I'm sure I'll renew when the marketing team tells me what a fantastic deal it is getting 23 home matches for the price of 19!!

Offline appyarryampton

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 09:35:55 PM »
I'll definitely renew, I will support the boys through thick and thin no matter how awful it is at present.
 Lerner is just the current custodian of the institution that is Aston Villa, its our club not his.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
villa are my adopted family. Been with them since my first game in '69 on our journey to the 3rd division. Wherever they end up I will be there with them.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 11:19:04 PM »
I'm there next year. It was never in question and will never be thus.

Online Karlos96

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 01:34:48 AM »
I'll be there next season always will be.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 04:30:48 AM »
It's hard to turn your back on something you dearly love however much it pisses you off. I can't turn away now, however it turns out.

Offline avfcdale

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 08:13:25 AM »
I don't know how to say this, but i have read this thread and been totally mixed up with different feelings. I am 48 now i started going to football matches with my Grandad and Dad and my Uncles and Cousins in about 1970, My Dad is from the potteries and has always been a Stoke City fan ( I went on loan to Port Vale when i played for Tranmere Rovers it broke his heart). My Grandad and most of my uncles supported Blose, 2 of my uncles and my cousins were Villa Supporters.
We used to go to a game every week either Villa Park or the Sty, even as a three year old Villa Park always felt special, we always went on the bus and i remember walking up the hill at Bordesley towards the sty and feeling an overwhelming drudge feeling, it was always raining and the area around the ground was covered with rubble and glass, the ground itself resembled a scrap yard covered in wriggly tin and barbed wire.
Villa Park was absolutely beautiful It had mosaics, Golden Lions and stained glass windows with neat claret and blue paint.
I went through the 3rd division season taking huge amounts of stick from the Blue side of the family and the second division years I can still remember the shock on hearing the news that Vic Crowe had been sacked.
Fortunately Sir William Dugdale had decided some bloke called Saunders was what was needed.
My 2 hero's were Ray Graydon and Brian Little i was amazed by the way such a slight bloke like Brian Little could control a ball like it was glued to him in all that mud.
My new hero was Andy Gray again I was knocked sideways when we flogged him to Wolves, I heard the news at school and when i got home that night my world fell apart, why had they done this?
I suppose that Saunders Bloke knew what he was doing i now had 4 more heroes Jimmy Rimmer, Tony Moreley, Gary Shaw and Gordon Cowans.
This was about the time i started going to the match on my own, meeting my cousins and mates up there, usually me or my cousins would mess about so that when the copper wasn't watching one of us could climb up the pipes from the toilet and go over the wall into the Holte, I always stood at the base of the V floodlight.
12 years it took from 3rd Division to European Champions i still struggle to believe it happened I was 15 at the time.
1983 i joined the army so did not get to go to villa park much, I was serving in Northern Ireland in 1987 and listened on the radio as much as i could to that season, when we were finally relegated i was on a jungle warfare course i was in a hammock type basha with the rain battering the poncho covering above when it came through on the world service, I blubbed like a baby European Champions to 2nd division in 5 years.
when i left the army and finished playing football i settled back in Bromsgrove and started taking my family, i have not been since lerner appointed Mcleish, it was the final straw for me, i will go back but not till he sells, sorry can't go on anymore, to those that still go i send my respect and love, to those that cannot go anymore I understand sorry to ramble, thanks for listening

Offline croatian

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 08:37:54 AM »
I don't know how to say this, but i have read this thread and been totally mixed up with different feelings. I am 48 now i started going to football matches with my Grandad and Dad and my Uncles and Cousins in about 1970, My Dad is from the potteries and has always been a Stoke City fan ( I went on loan to Port Vale when i played for Tranmere Rovers it broke his heart). My Grandad and most of my uncles supported Blose, 2 of my uncles and my cousins were Villa Supporters.
We used to go to a game every week either Villa Park or the Sty, even as a three year old Villa Park always felt special, we always went on the bus and i remember walking up the hill at Bordesley towards the sty and feeling an overwhelming drudge feeling, it was always raining and the area around the ground was covered with rubble and glass, the ground itself resembled a scrap yard covered in wriggly tin and barbed wire.
Villa Park was absolutely beautiful It had mosaics, Golden Lions and stained glass windows with neat claret and blue paint.
I went through the 3rd division season taking huge amounts of stick from the Blue side of the family and the second division years I can still remember the shock on hearing the news that Vic Crowe had been sacked.
Fortunately Sir William Dugdale had decided some bloke called Saunders was what was needed.
My 2 hero's were Ray Graydon and Brian Little i was amazed by the way such a slight bloke like Brian Little could control a ball like it was glued to him in all that mud.
My new hero was Andy Gray again I was knocked sideways when we flogged him to Wolves, I heard the news at school and when i got home that night my world fell apart, why had they done this?
I suppose that Saunders Bloke knew what he was doing i now had 4 more heroes Jimmy Rimmer, Tony Moreley, Gary Shaw and Gordon Cowans.
This was about the time i started going to the match on my own, meeting my cousins and mates up there, usually me or my cousins would mess about so that when the copper wasn't watching one of us could climb up the pipes from the toilet and go over the wall into the Holte, I always stood at the base of the V floodlight.
12 years it took from 3rd Division to European Champions i still struggle to believe it happened I was 15 at the time.
1983 i joined the army so did not get to go to villa park much, I was serving in Northern Ireland in 1987 and listened on the radio as much as i could to that season, when we were finally relegated i was on a jungle warfare course i was in a hammock type basha with the rain battering the poncho covering above when it came through on the world service, I blubbed like a baby European Champions to 2nd division in 5 years.
when i left the army and finished playing football i settled back in Bromsgrove and started taking my family, i have not been since lerner appointed Mcleish, it was the final straw for me, i will go back but not till he sells, sorry can't go on anymore, to those that still go i send my respect and love, to those that cannot go anymore I understand sorry to ramble, thanks for listening

Sad, sad post.
Going to VP is a hard habit to break.
So is not going.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
An excellent post which more or less covers the period I have been going to VP. I have had season tickets over the years but have not renewed since 2010 and now go very rarely.

Having a seson ticket ( three in my case with my son and daughter )  is a big commitment both financially and time wise with round trips of 100 miles.

I don't feel disloyal as I will always follow Villa,but I will not financially support a regime that does not give a stuff about what they serve up to supporters.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
I'm going. Always thought we wouldn't be a Small Heath/Coventry-type non-entity who desert the club when they stop playing in the Premier League. I know that isn't what this is about, the OP is talking about protest, but I still want Villa Park as full as possible next season.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »
I'll be there - can't kick the habit, I like my seat, and I like the group of 10 or so around me who I've sat with for years. I said elsewhere that if Pearson or Pulis was manager I'd reconsider, but in all likelihood I'd still renew - it's just what I do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal