collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Things to look forward to...  (Read 14115 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Re: Things to look forward to...
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:24 AM »
Not sinking into ever deepening depression after every game.
Unless of course we end up in a relegation scrap to Div One. Which could easily happen with this shower running the club.

Offline tim

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to a much more enjoyable league.
The Premiership has little to offer the mid-to-lower table teams, with very little chance of European places being available to anyone but the same, obvious teams.

Try telling that to Leicester and West Ham.
Yeah admittedly this year has thrown up a bit of 'top of the table madness', but I don't think anyone is looking it and thinking that this is the shape of things to come. No-one in their right mind would genuinely expect Villa to do what Leicester have done, and West Ham's position isn't really achievable in Villa's foreseeable future, so I stand by that statement as there may be a slight variation each year but in general it's fairly predictable.

Offline tim

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2016, 06:29:06 PM »
that'd just bravado though Tim isn't it? I'd much rather we didn't drop out of the top league
Hmmm - I don't know to be honest. If we weren't in the position we are, then I'd certainly feel different, but I think that with the way things are I can't help but feel that dropping down really isn't as a big a disaster as it could be. We presently have no prospects of achieving anything in the Premiership, so why not have a go elsewhere, somewhere that brings a bit of enjoyment back to the weekly games.

If we win the next three games though I'll be backtracking pretty swiftly, mind!

Again, by this rationale, we'd have so much fun as a non-league club.
I think you know what I mean - the team we have at present is nowhere near suitable for the top league. It is at best a decent Championship side, so why not embrace it and for however long it takes to get back up just enjoy being part of a competitive league where we are (sadly) a better fit..?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:04 PM »
that'd just bravado though Tim isn't it? I'd much rather we didn't drop out of the top league
Hmmm - I don't know to be honest. If we weren't in the position we are, then I'd certainly feel different, but I think that with the way things are I can't help but feel that dropping down really isn't as a big a disaster as it could be. We presently have no prospects of achieving anything in the Premiership, so why not have a go elsewhere, somewhere that brings a bit of enjoyment back to the weekly games.

If we win the next three games though I'll be backtracking pretty swiftly, mind!

I think you know what I mean - the team we have at present is nowhere near suitable for the top league. It is at best a decent Championship side, so why not embrace it and for however long it takes to get back up just enjoy being part of a competitive league where we are (sadly) a better fit..?

You're either a realist or defeatist, but whatever it might be, for Villa fans it's a bitter pill to swallow seeing our club downgraded so much since 2010.

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »
The end of the season.

Offline tim

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »
[/quote]
You're either a realist or defeatist, but whatever it might be, for Villa fans it's a bitter pill to swallow seeing our club downgraded so much since 2010.
[/quote]

A realist - we've been way below average since 2010 and our strategy for staying up appeared to be "let's hope there's 3 teams shitter than us".  This year there isn't. Things are not going to change any time soon so I say swallow the bitter pill and accept our fate. In doing so it doesn't have to be so miserable, we can look for positives and try to regain a bit of pride, rather than moan and argue every week when we're shown up by opposition that have progressed and simply left us behind.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:23:35 PM by tim »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2016, 08:44:49 PM »
there is, of course, the possibility that we might well be in the same position next season - being left behind, and shown up by the opposition, only this time with the further ignominy of it being in an inferior league. ( Obviously I hope that is not the case)

Offline tim

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
there is, of course, the possibility that we might well be in the same position next season - being left behind, and shown up by the opposition, only this time with the further ignominy of it being in an inferior league. ( Obviously I hope that is not the case)
Indeed. I personally can't see that being the case - I think even with this team we'll do alright, although I certainly don't see the straight return that some have predicted. If this team don't want to fight to stay in the league then I'd be surprised if they have the fight to get directly back into it, but I can see us doing pretty well overall.   

Offline ZhongYi

• "The left side (of the Holte)"
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35:24 PM »
beating Middlesborough away live on TV and seeing off Millwall would be sweet . . . if good karma is listening. 

Offline Diablo

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
Searching for Aston Villa positives with Joey Barton MOTD 2 analysis. Searching is the key word here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35800024

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »
Andre Green looked pretty handy.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:36 PM »
So do Lyden, Sellars, Davis, Traore and Grealish.  Add in Amavi and Okore and we could actually have a really exciting young team. Is going to take someone brave to stitch in some good experienced championship players.

Offline Glenn Peen

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »
I just to want to stop crying. That's what I'm looking forward to.

That and breakfast tomorrow. Eggs! Yum!

Offline django

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »
Quite looking forward to seeing Gary Gardner in a Villa shirt again. Especially if he can score a goal like his one tonight. Or any goal to be honest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal