collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Things to look forward to...  (Read 14130 times)

Offline Pete

Re: Things to look forward to...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
Being able to walk from my house to a match for the first time since I lived in Brookvale in the 1980s. (I can hear the crowd at the John Smith's Stadium from my garden if the wind's in the right direction).

Offline Pete

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
Huddersfield away, not wanting Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc to win on our behalf, seeing us win a few matches, no Micah Richards.

I will provide the site with a pub guide etc for when we play Huddersfield.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
Any sort of feel good factor.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »
The team having confidence. As bad as they have looked I'm convinced a lot is purely down to confidence and belief. Get them winning and players will feel twice as tall and play that way. Even those that we have written off. We are not going to turn over an entire squad so it will be good to see some of these players actually grow and mature.

I still think that the presence of a few 'leaders' in the side would benefit the rest of the side at the moment.  I mean look at our most experienced players in the side at the moment - Guzan, Richards, Lescott, Westwood and Agbonlahor.  If we replace them with proper leaders who can organise both on and off the field then it might just bring out the best in other players.   

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »
Being able to hopefully reignite my kids enthusiasm for the club they support -

That's it for me as well.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:33 PM »
The team having confidence. As bad as they have looked I'm convinced a lot is purely down to confidence and belief. Get them winning and players will feel twice as tall and play that way. Even those that we have written off. We are not going to turn over an entire squad so it will be good to see some of these players actually grow and mature.

I still think that the presence of a few 'leaders' in the side would benefit the rest of the side at the moment.  I mean look at our most experienced players in the side at the moment - Guzan, Richards, Lescott, Westwood and Agbonlahor.  If we replace them with proper leaders who can organise both on and off the field then it might just bring out the best in other players.   

Absolutely. We haven't had any consistency in that area post Petrov. We need a player that others respect, the supporters respect and can portray the club in a positive and professional light. Delph might have become that player and person had he not left, but we have been utterly leaderless and rudderless on and off the pitch. I thought Richards might provide it but I couldn't have been any more wrong about that. And Gabby. Well fuck me... You can start to see why we have dissolved into chaos. And Lescott for what he might bring makes a cock of himself too often. We need someone new to bring through the players who are currently being misled. How on earth can we expect Grealish to develop when some of the senior players, the ones who should be helpin him along and steering him correctly are the biggest wankers at the club. He's got no chance.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
Enjoying reading HD more than OT.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
If I buy a season ticket I'm hoping for a season where I see it as a benefit rather than a millstone.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »
Lots of derbies/local away days (Blues, Wolves, Burton? Walsall?)
Leeds away - used to live up there so know quite a few Leeds fans (all decent ones, contrary to a few of you experiencing bad ones in years gone by)
Huddersfield away - my old man's team

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
There's an awful lot of assuming going on here that we'll magically start to win games again.  I wouldn't be so sure.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
It cant get any worse.

Can it?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 03:57:44 PM »
Series 9 Curb Your Enthusiasm a more than  51% chance of happening sometime.Or a movie.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
There's an awful lot of assuming going on here that we'll magically start to win games again.  I wouldn't be so sure.

I don't think that it's particularly unrealistic to think that we'll probably win more games next year than we have won for each of the last three or four seasons.

Given that we'll be playing Huddersfield and MK Dons rather than Man City and Liverpool.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 04:03:41 PM »
Winning the league and passing 100 points and 100 goals scored.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »
Taking my youngest grandson up the Holte for the first time.  Damon's youngest boy, 8 and as sharp as a whip.  Nothing like any other member of the family in any direction.  He is a smasher and will almost certainly be a life long Villa fan.
Plenty of space to sprawl about. Not getting barged into under the Holte, not having to queue for beer and food, having the bliss of post relegation misery starting to subside, going to grounds which actually are smaller than my garden shed.
Poster mates like TV and Mont and Bob, and Stuart and Lee, and DS and DW and UKR and Mr U and Kuwait and Robbo being less unhappy.
Loads to look forward to.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal