collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?  (Read 15463 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
I was going to reply to Franz Biberkopf and his load of boolocks but thought I would leave this as a standalone post.

This is  a non story. Unless anything changed yesterday, all those quoted will be in post next season.

Fantastic news...

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 09:03:44 AM »
I hope the story is true. The system and management mechanism might be a good idea, but the personnel in Fox, Reily and Almstadt are woefully out of their depth.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 09:06:13 AM »
I have no problem with watching Gueye, Amavi, Veretout, Ayew, Traore, Gil, Grealish, Sanchez, Hutton, Sinclair or Sissoko play against Championship sides, in fact the thought of Adama Traore running at the mighty "coming to get us"  Burton nicely corrects my erectile disfunction problem.

Extreme though is may seem, my dissatisfaction runs even deeper than playing performance.  The ones I want to rip up before next season are those with attitude who are deliberately under performing because they hate the club and hate the fans.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »
I'd go with that list Brian, with the exception of Sinclair.
I'd probably add Clark and Baker, but as you say the rest of them can 'do one'.

If Fox is being targeted for release, then it should be with immediate effect.
What is that man going to achieve over the next couple of months that will be of any benefit to the club?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 09:21:39 AM »
Take the point but I think Sinclair is more than adequate for the Chumpionship.  His hat trick against Forest was impressive.  Not Premiership by a long chalk.  Ditto Gestede but we have got them, we might as well get something out of them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »
I was going to reply to Franz Biberkopf and his load of boolocks but thought I would leave this as a standalone post.

This is  a non story. Unless anything changed yesterday, all those quoted will be in post next season.

The Chairman is openly discussing senior personnel employment policy with AVST?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
The only way forward is to rip it up and start again.

I believe that the torpor we are witnessing is symptomatic of deep-rooted problems and therefore fundamental changes have to happen, including offloading dead weight (both on and off the pitch).

Glass of orange juice, anyone?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 09:55:39 AM »
I hope the story is true. The system and management mechanism might be a good idea, but the personnel in Fox, Reily and Almstadt are woefully out of their depth.

Yep completely agree. The structure might be ok, but the quality of the staff needs to match that structure.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
It's all a bit ridiculous. Wrong managers, wrong players... easy for even a non-football man to see with hindsight.

The solution. Better manager. Better players.
Question is, who picks them?

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »

It's a pity the current tight security would prevent a few hunting horns into the ground - so we could enact a Fox hunt.

Maybe we could get away with fancy dress - hunting gear or hound costumes? Maybe a horse or two?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 10:17:48 AM »
Smaller club, but I'm sure when Dan Ashworth was Director of Football at Albion, he was in charge of "overseeing first team, scouting & recruitment, medical & sports science and academy".  Financial aspects aside, that's the roles of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly all rolled into one isn't it?  Would not surprise me if all three went and one person replaced them. 

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 10:21:31 AM »
Smaller club, but I'm sure when Dan Ashworth was Director of Football at Albion, he was in charge of "overseeing first team, scouting & recruitment, medical & sports science and academy".  Financial aspects aside, that's the roles of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly all rolled into one isn't it?  Would not surprise me if all three went and one person replaced them. 

He didn't do the CEO's job.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
It needs those guilty to run the gauntlet of a mob as per French bosses.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/05/air-france-workers-storm-meeting-protest-executives-job-losses-paris

Then and only then would the tarring and feathering commence.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2016, 11:09:18 AM »

He didn't do the CEO's job.

Just out of interest Dave, did they have a CEO above Ashworth when he was there?  Ashworth was always the one pictured with new managers etc.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
dan ashworth of sugar ape fame? He'd be right on one count: 'the idiots are winning'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal