collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?  (Read 15489 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 07:01:29 AM »
As disastrous as Fox's reign has been I would be concerned about ripping it all up and starting again.

This my worry - especially if the guy charged with starting it all again has zero football industry experience.  I know it's speculation and Percy has got things wrong before,

Bloody hell, we all make mistakes. No need to single me out.

Oh.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:25 AM »
Maybe Hollis should look at himself, if it was his decision not to back the manager in the transfer window.

I've just got a horrible feeling about this bloke and just hope he proves me wrong

Offline FranzBiberkopf

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 07:32:46 AM »
I wouldn't argue with the purchase of any one of our Ligue 1 recruits. They have been our better players and have only just reached the 6 month settling in mark.

The only one who has impressed me in the few games he played is Amavi.
Traroe has been injured far more than not.
Gueye and Veretout? No thanks. No goals all season. No drive. Not great at free-kicks. Not 'leaders'. They've been marginally better than Westwood in that position - and thats the best that can be said.

There has to be massive doubts about all of them being frank. Especially when you think the four of them cost, what was it, £40M?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 07:35:49 AM »
I wouldn't argue with the purchase of any one of our Ligue 1 recruits. They have been our better players and have only just reached the 6 month settling in mark.

The only one who has impressed me in the few games he played is Amavi.
Traroe has been injured far more than not.
Gueye and Veretout? No thanks. No goals all season. No drive. Not great at free-kicks. Not 'leaders'. They've been marginally better than Westwood in that position - and thats the best that can be said.

There has to be massive doubts about all of them being frank. Especially when you think the four of them cost, what was it, £40M?

Barcelona aren't in Ligue 1. You've missed Ayew.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
I was going to reply to Franz Biberkopf and his load of boolocks but thought I would leave this as a standalone post.

This is  a non story. Unless anything changed yesterday, all those quoted will be in post next season.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 08:00:23 AM »
As disastrous as Fox's reign has been I would be concerned about ripping it all up and starting again.

This my worry - especially if the guy charged with starting it all again has zero football industry experience.  I know it's speculation and Percy has got things wrong before,

Oh.
Maybe Hollis should look at himself, if it was his decision not to back the manager in the transfer window.

I've just got a horrible feeling about this bloke and just hope he proves me wrong

They seem to have claimed that the money was available but nobody would come - BS maybe but difficult to disprove

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 08:09:06 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12181455/.html

What the hell is that crap about a history test?!

Probably Elaine again.

Possibly the club archivist who hasn't been there that long and would be on a low wage anyway.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:49 AM »
How can anyone believe there was no money when we know they fought with the FA to sign the goalie?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »
I don't buy "don't rip it up and start again" argument. Look at the shameful performance stats. Ripping it up is exactly what's required.

Hollis is not to blame for anything he has to listen to his CEO in place and then deal with the consequences if CEO was wrong. So Fox has to go.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 08:23:58 AM »

Oh.

They seem to have claimed that the money was available but nobody would come - BS maybe but difficult to disprove
No, I'm sure Remi said he had a couple of deals in place and then it was decided the money was too much. The Debuchy loan deal for one.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 08:34:35 AM »
How can anyone believe there was no money when we know they fought with the FA to sign the goalie?
Not saying there wasn't any money but my impression from Remi after the transfer window shut was he had persuaded a couple of players to come and then money was the issue and they went elsewhere.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
The only way forward is to rip it up and start again.
We were linked with Alan Judge the weekend, probably best midfielder in Championship, that's the sort of signing needed.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
The only way forward is to rip it up and start again.

Yep.

I don't want to see any of the current squad, French or English,  pull on a Villa shirt ever again. Worst collection of villa players I have ever seen and I wouldn't keep a single one of them if I was running things
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:55:47 AM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 08:47:17 AM »
Of course if one was of a cynical disposition, which I am not, one might think that it was quite convenient this gets leaked to the press just as the heat of fan anger is ramping up, thereby deflecting attention away from The Custodian himself.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »
It's fair enough if there's demonstrable evidence that they HAVE fucked up but, given that the 'French lads' have generally been the best of a terrible bunch, I hope the club isn't being steered by the lazy, obvious tabloid agenda.

They've been better compared to the tosh we have throughout the squad but for £30m or whatever we've paid for them it doesn't look value for money right now. Plus, if they are to be believed then there was no transfer committee so they also had a hand in signing donkeys like Lescott, Gestede and Richards.

We are bottom of the league, our transfers haven't been good .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal