collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who'd take Pulis now?  (Read 22457 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Who'd take Pulis now?
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »
Absolutely right. None of the last four managers in fact have had, except for Lambert occasionally, any sort of plan to deal with the opposition. Pulis makes sure every single player knows exactly what his role is and sticks to it. I wouldn't want to watch it for ten years but for a couple of seasons to get us back on track, why not?

I wouldn't want to watch it for a couple of games, let alone seasons.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
Can were add a vote?
Definitely a no from me.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 10:41:40 PM »
It is interesting how the majority view on here seems to be that relegation needs to be avoided at all costs yet the majority view is also that Tony Pulis, the expert at avoiding relegation, should never be Villa manager.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »
Nobody would have saved us. The last of our premier league players departed last summer and none have arrived since.

Richards? Lescott?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2016, 10:49:40 PM »
I would have taken him to halt the slide in the hope of a takeover whilst he was here, then get rid. I wouldn't be so sure he would be that good at getting us back up.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2016, 11:22:52 PM »
It is interesting how the majority view on here seems to be that relegation needs to be avoided at all costs yet the majority view is also that Tony Pulis, the expert at avoiding relegation, should never be Villa manager.

It's not that. We all probably know that he's make us solid enough to keep us up. In fact I would guarantee if he took over when Garde did we'd be sat where Albion are or close to that. It's what we'd sacrifice to get there and what we'd ultimately become in years 2 and 3 that would be completely unbearable.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2016, 11:33:48 PM »
I would sooner go down than have either Pulis or Pearson.

Allardyce I could stomach for a couple of seasons to stabilise us.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »
Shit football is shit football.  Whatever Garde's footballing philosophy, it's been atrocious to watch.  I'd sooner see a 1-0 win under Pulis than another depressing tonking under Garde.  If we were comfortably mid-table then I'd say no to Pulis all day long.  But take last night.  5 at the back, two players unsuited to playing wing back at wing back, and the fuck awful Bacuna in midfield.  How exactly would it be any worse under Pulis?

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2016, 11:46:03 PM »
I said a few mons ago that Pulis or Allardyce would have had a fighting chance of keeping us up. No need to get married and give them a five year contract, simply let them stabilise the club and when they reach their glass ceiling say thank you and goodbye. West Ham and Palace ( and Stoke) were far stronger when those two left than when they arrived.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2016, 11:47:17 PM »
Anichebe in holding midfield and Berahino played as a right sided midfielder with Rickie Lambert 40 yards in front on his own? Or 5 centre halves in a 5-3-2 at the back with a 6 playing in midfield?

They have got results because they have a better equipped squad to battle with. He would not have kept this one up.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2016, 01:42:16 AM »
We took a point off Leicester too remember. WBA are dreadful to watch, full of horrible horrible players and barely register a shot on goal. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have been able to save this sack of shit we've got for a team.

Do you mean horrible in regards to players who know their defensive roles, will make their presence on the pitch known, and capable of grinding out hard won points, then isn't that what the club needs right now especially if looking to get out the championship Nxt season.
Every team needs to have those tough uncompromising (horrible) players capable of rolling their sleeves up on those cold wet windy Tuesday nights at Blackburn, and Pulis brings that.
Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on yr stance) the club needs a Pulis type manager more - to get it back in the prem and retain that position - than Pulis needs the club in it's current predicament.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:44:41 AM by Gaztonniller »

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2016, 02:11:41 AM »
If Pulis can get us 20 points in 10 games, I'd take him.

Otherwise, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.  Would rather have Pearson.

Offline Pete

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Pulis is gone. They'll be partying in the streets of Smethwick tonight.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »

It will be just like the Rio carnival with their return to Brazilian type football.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »

It will be just like the Rio carnival with their return to Brazilian type football.
  Awh well - never mind. Pretty certain Pulis would have kept them up this season. Hopefully we can pass them on the way up come the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal