collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions  (Read 860726 times)

Offline villabear

Re: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions
« Reply #2160 on: July 01, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
West Ham will allow keeper Darren Randolph, 29, to leave for about £3m as the Republic of Ireland international wants more regular first-team football. Now him and Michael McGovern on a free would be decent .

Then take Fletcher and robson kanu on a free. Cost effective.

Never buy on the evidence of a Euro / WC - there will be a reason McGovern played for Hamilton Accies, most pro keepers are good shot stoppers, there are a lot of other attributes that you would want to see by proper scouting....concentration, kicking, positioning etc

Likewise Robson-Kanu, one scuffed shot & running about a lot is not a recommendation.

Fletcher is so soft for a player of his physique, might do a job in the Championship but not sure he offers anything Gestede / Kozak don't.

Randolph did ok at BLose at this level so would be a decent shout although so did Steer so why not back the one we already have?

Bloser who I know is a box holder at the Sty reckons Randolph was awful for them. He said Maik Taylor was the last decent keeper they've had. Mind you what does he know following that pile of shite?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2161 on: July 01, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »
Crystal Palace have signed Andros Townsend from Newcastle - that is a big blow to Newcastle.

yep expect the sissokos etc to go now

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #2162 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:04 AM »
Crystal Palace have signed Andros Townsend from Newcastle - that is a big blow to Newcastle.

Dwight Gayle has gone the other way.  I can understand why they would want a striker like him in the Championship, and that is one of their weakest areas.  But I agree that losing Townsend is a blow.  Guess he just wanted PL football.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2163 on: July 01, 2016, 11:32:08 AM »
West Ham will allow keeper Darren Randolph, 29, to leave for about £3m as the Republic of Ireland international wants more regular first-team football. Now him and Michael McGovern on a free would be decent .

Then take Fletcher and robson kanu on a free. Cost effective.

Never buy on the evidence of a Euro / WC - there will be a reason McGovern played for Hamilton Accies, most pro keepers are good shot stoppers, there are a lot of other attributes that you would want to see by proper scouting....concentration, kicking, positioning etc

Likewise Robson-Kanu, one scuffed shot & running about a lot is not a recommendation.

Fletcher is so soft for a player of his physique, might do a job in the Championship but not sure he offers anything Gestede / Kozak don't.

Randolph did ok at BLose at this level so would be a decent shout although so did Steer so why not back the one we already have?

Bloser who I know is a box holder at the Sty reckons Randolph was awful for them. He said Maik Taylor was the last decent keeper they've had. Mind you what does he know following that pile of shite?

Obviously not that much seeing as both Hart and Butland have been there since then.  When you say he's got a box at the Sty, are you sure it's not a cardboard one outside?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2164 on: July 01, 2016, 11:36:40 AM »

If I was being facetious I would say it was a big blow to Crystal Palace.

Offline peter w

« Reply #2165 on: July 01, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
Ings had a full season in the Prem and scored goals. Moves to Liverpool and gets picked for England squad(s). Why on earth would he even be tempted to drop down a division now?
May be just may be he wants on be on the pitch week in week out?

And no-one other than a championship club would be in a position to offer him that?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #2166 on: July 01, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »

Dwight Gayle has gone the other way.  I can understand why they would want a striker like him in the Championship, and that is one of their weakest areas.  But I agree that losing Townsend is a blow.  Guess he just wanted PL football.

Usually players prices get inflated by good performances in Euros or World cups.  English players that didn't go could expect that effect this summer

Offline peter w

« Reply #2167 on: July 01, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
Well Fletcher's gone to Sheff Wed so that's him off the radar. lambert it is then.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2168 on: July 01, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
Callum Wilson's signed a new deal at Bournemouth.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2169 on: July 01, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »
Meanwhile, £10million defender Jordan Amavi has been linked with Southampton in a possible reunion with former his boss Claude Puel. Puel, who brought left-back Amavi into senior football with Nice, is reportedly keen to make the 22-year-old one of his first captures.

www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #2170 on: July 01, 2016, 03:27:15 PM »
Well Fletcher's gone to Sheff Wed so that's him off the radar. lambert it is then.

4 year deal at £35k a week apparently! I didn't want him has done nowt in recent years.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2171 on: July 01, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
Bye bye Crespo...thanks for erm...everything

Signed for PAOK

Offline peter w

« Reply #2172 on: July 01, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
He was good in Dr Hook but nothing since really.

Offline thegreatdane

• Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg paid more than
« Reply #2173 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:15 PM »
Wilson would be a good (and surprising signing). I thought he was a Coventry fan and previously stated he would never play for us?

He is, he was in my year at School and hates villa! He is also staying at Bournemouth! 100%

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2174 on: July 01, 2016, 03:53:59 PM »
Meanwhile, £10million defender Jordan Amavi has been linked with Southampton in a possible reunion with former his boss Claude Puel. Puel, who brought left-back Amavi into senior football with Nice, is reportedly keen to make the 22-year-old one of his first captures.

www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc

Hopefully any pros that Amavi may see in playing for Puel again will be negated by the idea of working under Eric Black for a second time!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal