collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions  (Read 857357 times)

Offline peter w

Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:53:57 PM »
So, which players do you think we should go for? Does anyone know any Championship players? Alan Judge from Brentford seems to score a few from midfield so I'll offer him up as a potential signing. I don't want to fill up with Championship players but a few would be needed.

Dave - title edited as it may as well become that thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:43:32 AM by Dave »

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Championship Players
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:05:56 AM »
I wud get Baker back as beards R in and I wud by any players with bushy beards from enywere as long as they dont ware gluvs.

I wud get Peersun an all too put an oastreach up there arse.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:02 AM »
Chris Forrester at Peterborough really impressed me against West Brom

Tough, good athlete and a fine player on the ball in midfield.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:47 AM »
Alan Judge would be my first target.

Second would be someone like Callum Wilson from Bournemouth. On the back of the injury, I think they would loan him out for a season as they will almost certainly buy again and Afobe is proving himself.

Wilson and Gestede up front, Judge, Westwood/ Veretout (will be fine in that league), Gana and Grealish in midfield and a new back 4 please. And keeper.

I was disappointed we did not take a punt of the defender Burnley got from Brentford, Polish name I can't spell. Amavi will stay I guess. Hutton has a year left at right back so I doubt we are going to shed him. So 2 big, no nonsense, hard centre halves and a goalkeeper. Jedinak from Palace still worth a look. 2-3 experienced pros with the right attitude and a will to win. Look at what Barton has done for Burnley along with Gray. Clough from Bolton is worth getting as a squad player. We need 3-4 forward options to supplement Gestede. I would sell all our centre halves on apart from Baker who knows the division. Bring Gardner back. And Robinson as a pacey outlet option.

Daniel Johnson would be a good signing too. In fact Simon Grayson would not be the worst shout as manager.

Get rid of Richards, Lescott, Gabby, NZog, Bacuna, Guzan, Bunn, Cissokho, Ayew (for money), Clark, Okore (12 months left and will want out), Sanchez, Sinclair

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
First shout for me would be to get Gardner back from Forest - playing well for them and obviously knows the division and how to play in it.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »
Bradley Dack from some first division club I forget the name of, looks a good little creative player, sell Gil.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
Zac Clough from Bolton looks a great prospect and is reportedly already a target.

Offline mr underhill

Re: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
problem is that the precursor to this is to be able to divest  around a dozen of the shittiest 'football' players ever to have put on a pair of boots

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »
Jay Spearing, Emile Heskey, Shola Ameobi, Peter Whittingham, Curtis Davies.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:02 PM »
We will end up with Pugh, Bo, Barney Mcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Dub. Oh sorry that's who we already have.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
I got to see Alan Judge twice within a couple of days last week, v Derby and Wolves.  He scored a good goal against Derby and was a very busy player with a bit of pace. 

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »
Finally the Benni McCarthy era begins

Offline badminton

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »
I got to see Alan Judge twice within a couple of days last week, v Derby and Wolves.  He scored a good goal against Derby and was a very busy player with a bit of pace.
I've seen him play several times at Brentford this season. Quality player, perhaps the best in the Championship this season. If he does leave Brentford in the summer I think it will be to play Premier League football.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »
Alan Judge would be my first target.

Second would be someone like Callum Wilson from Bournemouth. On the back of the injury, I think they would loan him out for a season as they will almost certainly buy again and Afobe is proving himself.

Wilson and Gestede up front, Judge, Westwood/ Veretout (will be fine in that league), Gana and Grealish in midfield and a new back 4 please. And keeper.

I was disappointed we did not take a punt of the defender Burnley got from Brentford, Polish name I can't spell. Amavi will stay I guess. Hutton has a year left at right back so I doubt we are going to shed him. So 2 big, no nonsense, hard centre halves and a goalkeeper. Jedinak from Palace still worth a look. 2-3 experienced pros with the right attitude and a will to win. Look at what Barton has done for Burnley along with Gray. Clough from Bolton is worth getting as a squad player. We need 3-4 forward options to supplement Gestede. I would sell all our centre halves on apart from Baker who knows the division. Bring Gardner back. And Robinson as a pacey outlet option.

Daniel Johnson would be a good signing too. In fact Simon Grayson would not be the worst shout as manager.

Get rid of Richards, Lescott, Gabby, NZog, Bacuna, Guzan, Bunn, Cissokho, Ayew (for money), Clark, Okore (12 months left and will want out), Sanchez, Sinclair

Grayson would be a great shout if/ when Garde resigns!  hes doing really well up here on a limited budget and crap training facilities.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 01:42:04 PM »
When West Ham went down, the signing of Kevin Nolan was inspired. They spent the necessary money to tempt him to drop down a division to get them back up at the first attempt.

We need to do the same; a spine of experienced players who'd be able to hit the ground running in the championship would allow us to add a sprinkling of more skilful players around them. My ideal choices would be:

James Collins
Charlie Adam
Jonathan Walters

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal