collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 359726 times)

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Gabby
« Reply #2370 on: September 20, 2017, 10:35:33 AM »
For me Gabby isn't the cause of the problems, but he's become a problem, much like Richards.  We've got 2 guys there on big wages who are being played to fuck about in training and have the odd run out here and there where no one expects anything useful from them.

Last nights attendance probably paid the weekly wage for those two.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #2371 on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »
For me Gabby isn't the cause of the problems, but he's become a problem, much like Richards.  We've got 2 guys there on big wages who are being played to fuck about in training..

Richards the Clown I can believe, everything to him is a joke but Gabby?

I'm just going on the pictures they post from training where Gabby always has a massive grin and looks like he's playing at the park with his mates.
To be fair, the photographer/CMS bod will tend to prefer photos that project a positive image of unity rather than showing players scowling, smoking, flobbing, having a slash behind the nets or giving fistface 'the wanker's'.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:35:01 AM by Bad English »

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2372 on: September 20, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
For me Gabby isn't the cause of the problems, but he's become a problem, much like Richards.  We've got 2 guys there on big wages who are being played to fuck about in training..

I'm just going on the pictures they post from training where Gabby always has a massive grin and looks like he's playing at the park with his mates.

Same reaction when he's playing for the first team when the ref. gives a decision against him.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2373 on: September 20, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »

Same reaction when he's playing for the first team when the ref. gives a decision against him.

Yup, he's always played with a smile on his face.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2374 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »

To be fair, the photographer/CMS bod will tend to prefer photos that project a positive image of unity rather than showing players scowling, smoking, flobbing, having a slash behind the nets or giving fistface 'the wanker's'.

True, but the rest of them you mostly see photos where they're putting some effort in, Gabby and Richards have very few of those.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2375 on: September 20, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Is he ever going to manage a full month without being injured?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2376 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »
If ever there was a poster boy for everything I despise about what has happened in the last seven years it is this mugwump.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2377 on: September 20, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »
Is he ever going to manage a full month without being injured?

Isn't it often the way though with the sprinter type players that once they start to break down they are permanently fucked? See case Owen, M as another example of a player who once broken only came back for a few games and then disappeared for a month or two.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #2378 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

What a terrible trait. A propensity to grin

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2379 on: September 20, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »

What a terrible trait. A propensity to grin

A propensity to act the ****** and steal a living is more the issue.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2380 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »
I don't understand and never will those that still defend him.  It defies belief.  Let's put it another way.  Does anyone seriously think he's earned his £3m per annum salary for the last say to be generous three years?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2381 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »
If ever there was a poster boy for everything I despise about what has happened in the last seven years it is this mugwump.

what about his contract ?
do you think we should offer him a new one or just put him on a 12 month rolling contract

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2382 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:31 PM »
It's a no from me to him being near the club.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2383 on: September 20, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »
I don't understand and never will those that still defend him.  It defies belief.  Let's put it another way.  Does anyone seriously think he's earned his £3m per annum salary for the last say to be generous three years?

Very harsh. We need to give him a full pre season (and a bit). Then if he scuffs one in early doors next season, we need to give him another 9 months. And so on until he gets his 20 year testimonial.

The beauty is everyone wins.  Apart from Villa fans.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2384 on: September 20, 2017, 10:02:27 PM »
True I don't know what I was thinking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal