collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 359675 times)

Offline MarkM

Re: Gabby on the move?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2016, 11:42:33 AM »
I broke down in the car a year or so ago, the guy who came to collect the car said that he had dropped a car off at Gabby's house and that in the hall there were TV screens along both walls with videos playing of Gabby's goals on a repeat loop

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 11:50:18 AM »
My uncle built a house for Gabby once. I don't know if its that one or if it was an investment property. But it was proper footballers' wives style. He also helped build a house for David Silva, who is a nice fella by all accounts.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
I broke down in the car a year or so ago,
Let me guess! This was when Delph signed his "here for the long run" four and a half year contract? I went a little misty-eyed too.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »
videos playing of Gabby's goals on a repeat loop
Based on how long ago it was that he scored most of them, Gabby must be one of the few remaining owners of a Betamax video player.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 12:52:31 PM »
I broke down in the car a year or so ago, the guy who came to collect the car said that he had dropped a car off at Gabby's house and that in the hall there were TV screens along both walls with videos playing of Gabby's goals on a repeat loop

I'm guessing it was probably playing from 128mb SD card.

Offline ez

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »

Whenever i see Gabby's goals now i can't help noticing he had a fuller head of hair then.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
So that's what a couple of goals a year gets you? No wonder these players don't give a shit about relegation.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »
For those two winning goals at the Railway End, I don't begrudge him a penny he's made.

I do.  I begrudge every single penny he's stolen over the last few seasons.  His attitude has been a factor in the reason why he'll have the opportunity to score another goal at the Railway End next season.  And, unfortunately, if he does, far too many of our supporters will forgive him for the dozens of sub-standard "performances" that have been the hallmark in recent times of this so-called fan.

It was mostly a flippant, light hearted remark. Although there is some truth in it. I realise he's a shadow of his former self (insert joke about weight gain here), but he has provided me with some great memories, and yes, I'll be over the moon if he scored a late winner at the Railway End again next season. That's not to say I'm not pissed off at how shite he's been for the past two or three seasons too. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
For those two winning goals at the Railway End, I don't begrudge him a penny he's made.

I do.  I begrudge every single penny he's stolen over the last few seasons.  His attitude has been a factor in the reason why he'll have the opportunity to score another goal at the Railway End next season.  And, unfortunately, if he does, far too many of our supporters will forgive him for the dozens of sub-standard "performances" that have been the hallmark in recent times of this so-called fan.

It was mostly a flippant, light hearted remark. Although there is some truth in it. I realise he's a shadow of his former self (insert joke about weight gain here), but he has provided me with some great memories, and yes, I'll be over the moon if he scored a late winner at the Railway End again next season. That's not to say I'm not pissed off at how shite he's been for the past two or three seasons too. 

Agbonlahor is past his best, but it's not his fault we haven't the ambition to get rid and replace him with better, and it's also not his fault that the club has been in a humiliating decline for the last 6 seasons. I'll always have a soft spot for the 70+ Premier league goals he's scored as well.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 09:23:48 PM »
I saw Gabby's house on tv once. Palatial... marble floors... gold taps... huge vulgar sculptures. Oh hold on.. I'm mistaken... that was Colonel Gadaffi's.

Offline anton hillman

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
Interior décor looks a bit bit like a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn. Totally anonymous and bland.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:03:24 AM by anton hillman »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »
Totally anonymous and bland.

Like him on the pitch then.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
Any more gaudy than J Lloyd 'sweet bwoi' samuels' on footballers cribs? I think he had a special room for his trainers and another one for his aftershaves? May be mistaken, apologies to him if I am.

Not one for his medals though
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:25:47 AM by robbo1874 »

Online walsall villain

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »

Whenever i see Gabby's goals now i can't help noticing he had a fuller head of hair then.
We all did

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:39 AM »
Any more gaudy than J Lloyd 'sweet bwoi' samuels' on footballers cribs? I think he had a special room for his trainers and another one for his aftershaves? May be mistaken, apologies to him if I am.

Not one for his medals though

He did have a dedicated room for his caps. Nike and Adidas caps, not England. Seriously. And he had a bar called "Sweet Boyz". And the house was called Park Villa? Gabby's looks like a minimalist German "Huf Haus" by comparison

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal