collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Go Retro?  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Go Retro?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
I think the club would totally miss the point, launch their own range to cash in and loads of idiots would miss the point and buy it. Besides kids would still want the new kit even with some of the current wastrels wearing it

I genuinely don't think they'd be that sharp.

Au contraire...

http://shop.avfc.co.uk/fashion/men/retro-shirts-jackets/index.html?via=navflood

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 09:15:31 PM »
That is cruel adreno.  Did you know that 75% of mains tap water in south London has already been through somebody's kidneys?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
I think the club would totally miss the point, launch their own range to cash in and loads of idiots would miss the point and buy it. Besides kids would still want the new kit even with some of the current wastrels wearing it

Au contraire...

http://shop.avfc.co.uk/fashion/men/retro-shirts-jackets/index.html?via=navflood

They've been doing retro shirts for twenty years at least.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »

not sharp, just thick. You could imagine the board sitting there at the first home game, seeing loads of shirts they don't recognise and after asking a few people what team's shirt they're wearing. I doubt they'd link it to any protest they're so insulated

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »
Only in the football season though.  They can either play for the Bears or get a window cleaning round in the summer.
Warm weather training at Holt Fleet

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 09:23:36 PM »
I remember Holt Fleet I nearly drowned there as a six year old going down the weir on a plank.  Could not swim of course.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 09:24:32 PM »
They should wear this next season. Magnificent shirt.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 09:28:50 PM »
Well if people are going to wear retro shirts that the club sold them, then we really deserve all we get

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 09:45:40 PM »
I live in the retro shirts - the bootlace kit, both Muller stripes, AST 1995 shirt and the early 70s top. Our recent ones look nice but aren't really comfortable to wear unlike the Nike and Hummel ones of the O'Leary and O'Neill erasa

Offline perrycommoner

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 10:02:06 PM »
I am all for our own identity. Man utds away identity is unique, no one wears teams  colors they usually wear all black I am not sure what the history behind this is or significance.

Today I was watching  Brighton V Leeds I noticed hardly any Leeds supporter had a replica shirt, a team hat, or scarves.

Bradford V Villa has been uploaded from villa boy from 1987-88. I noticed there were hardly any villa colours in our support.

This is type of identity we need , we wont be in the Premiership, championship has more traditional supporter feel.

Grown men wearing replica tops with "i love villa" on is just embarrassing.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 10:09:35 PM »
From a visitor post on our FB page. What would your thoughts be about wearing retro shirts next season instead of the new one? Support the team but stop buying the new merchandise?

I've been doing this for 20 years anyway so I'm all for it!
Same here so normal for me but a good idea nevertheless.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:13 PM »
Unless you're playing or under 12 what are you doing wearing a football shirt anyway?
And why anyone would pay to use their body as advertising space for Quickbooks, dafabet, mitre copiers or any other company is beyond me.
These companies pay the clubs to turn you into a sandwich board and you then pay the club to do so? No wonder Joleon Lescott's got a new car and a magic trouser phone.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 10:57:14 PM »
Surely some bard could make up a tune of Jolean's magic trouser phone to the air of Niall Quinn's disco pants?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 11:12:31 PM »
Surely some bard could make up a tune of Jolean's magic trouser phone to the air of Niall Quinn's disco pants?

I was just about to ask if Magic Trouser Phone were the support act for African Car Reverser at some summer festival?

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 11:18:48 PM »

I was just about to ask if Magic Trouser Phone were the support act for African Car Reverser at some summer festival?

No, I think you're confusing them with Routine Humiliation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal