collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: People Lining Up To Take Pot Shots.  (Read 32956 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

People Lining Up To Take Pot Shots.
« on: February 20, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
McLeish - asked to cut the wage bill but didn't stop you buying Nzogbia did it?  Or your 4-6 formation at Spuds? 

Lambert - delighted to be sacked?  Offered to resign?  Still didn't stop you breaking the clubs worst records collection over and over again did it?  Still didn't stop you being forced to sign that four year deal whilst you were being held down.

Tiny Penis.  Talking about us again today I see.  What it's like to be in the shadow of a great club.  And we need to be envious because you've made progress with that oh so free flowing football style.  Twat.

Karen Brady.  I'll let you off because you fantastically sold SHA down the river.

Seems we are a big deal to some when we are crap.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
Re: People Lining Up To Take Pot Shots.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »
Rise above it, mate!

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
A plague on all their houses.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »
Funny how McLeish and Lambert have been very quiet about how much they were paid when they were at Aston Villa.  I remember reading something at the time saying McLeish was in the top 20 best paid managers in world football when he was at Villa and I can only assume Lambert was on similar money.   

Offline croatian

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Good post mate.

I prefer the anger to the restraint being called for as regards walk-outs, boycotts etc.

Villa fans have more than enough reason to be angry, extremely angry.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
Funny how McLeish and Lambert have been very quiet about how much they were paid when they were at Aston Villa.  I remember reading something at the time saying McLeish was in the top 20 best paid managers in world football when he was at Villa and I can only assume Lambert was on similar money.

Good point. They were paid top dollar to do a difficult job. It was beyond both of them.

It was clear before McLeish came here that he was not the right man based on what he had done before. Lambert, less so.

Yes, Lerner had to cut the expenditure but neither manager showed any sustainable plan on how to achieve it.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
What's Brady had to say for herself?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

I'm a media whore. Although perhaps she didn't mention the media bit.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »
It just goes to show, despite so many people belittleing Aston Villa, that we are and will always be one of the biggest clubs in the country, not the biggest, just one of the biggest. Of course, this is always denied by our closest rivals with purple faced jealousy but our size and stature makes us a target. This is just the start, it will get worse but one thing is worth remembering that those referenced above lack the one quality that would make their criticisim valid.

Credibility.

In a funny way, I take it as a compliment.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »

I don't like her either, but to make that slur is really poor form imo. I thought Villa supporters were better than that, but clearly I'm out of touch these days.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »
The ones that are getting me are people I have barely heard of, and people who have never had anything to do with us, suddenly popping up to give their expert opinion on how crap we are!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »

I don't like her either, but to make that slur is really poor form imo. I thought Villa supporters were better than that, but clearly I'm out of touch these days.

Absolutely, but sadly from the day she joined the circus the slag/whore/ugly comments were in vogue and detracting from the fact that regardless of gender she is a truly horrible person.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 01:32:35 PM »
We're English football's 'Aunt Sally' at present, but the media will soon find a replacement once we've gone down. But that's the joy of wall-to-wall coverage & social media for ya. Seemingly everybody has an opinion on everything & think it vital that they should give it at every opportunity.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
I see McLeish is on about how we will struggle in the Championship. This is the same utter failure McLeish who was able to get a team promoted from it. How fucking hard can it really be if he managed it? Also his comments that we'll struggle because be don't win many games. Yet Burnely and Hull won 7 or 8 games in the PL last season are finding winning games significantly easier this season. I'm not saying we don't have work to do, but it makes me laugh when the Championship is made out to be more than it is.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »
I think we have aggravated quite a few neutrals with our old style Southampton or Coventry-esque approach of being happy to do just enough to stay up over the past few years, so it is open season. I was delighted to see that pair go down, so I can't blame anyone else for feeling the same way about us.

For the local tramps who somehow see themselves as rivals, it distracts them from the grim reality of a completely pointless  existence.

Lambert really needs to shut his cakehole, mind.

In his final year with us, he looked like a cornish pasty in a tracksuit. Even if he'd got the players he wanted during that period, he wouldn't have known what to do with them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal