collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211866 times)

Offline Roysmert

Re: Paul Lambert (R)
« Reply #1305 on: April 19, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »
I'm sorry to say but I am on the opinion that he was suffering with clinical depression during the last 19 months of his time at the Villa. I truly hope he's OK now.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1306 on: April 19, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »
Fucking seriously!  He made Villa fans depressed in his last 19 months like Pol Pot made speccy types fearful.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1307 on: April 19, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »
I have already listed his career in detail on H&V in the past. Basically apart from Norwich he has been a failure everywhere else.

I get that, but if you're only going to have one success then consecutive promotions followed by a mid-table PL finish is a good one to pick!

Phil Brown, Ian Dowie, Ian Holloway - file next to them

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1308 on: April 19, 2019, 10:08:57 PM »
I have already listed his career in detail on H&V in the past. Basically apart from Norwich he has been a failure everywhere else.

I get that, but if you're only going to have one success then consecutive promotions followed by a mid-table PL finish is a good one to pick!

I don't think any of them did that, did they (I'm not being precious, I don't pay much attention)?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1309 on: April 19, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »

Single file next to them in the dole queue. I can picture them all doing The Full Monty moves.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:13:46 PM by Damo70 »

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1310 on: April 20, 2019, 08:15:56 AM »

I don't think any of them did that, did they (I'm not being precious, I don't pay much attention)?

Like him they overacheived for a short period of time inlcuding promotions - banished to the netherworlds thereafter.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1311 on: April 20, 2019, 08:36:14 AM »
Can Paul Jewell be added that list?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1312 on: April 20, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »

Like him they overacheived for a short period of time inlcuding promotions - banished to the netherworlds thereafter.
Dowie was the studio commentator on the Sky coverage of the Bolton game yesterday.
It nearly choked the ugly fucker to say a single good word about us.

It was great.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1313 on: April 20, 2019, 09:55:39 AM »
Can Paul Jewell be added that list?

To be fair to Jewell, he did very well with two clubs, Bradford and Wigan.  His biggest failing seemed to be believing his own hype and always looking to jump ship.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1314 on: April 21, 2019, 02:05:54 PM »
Surely his biggest failing was being pictured with that bird on top of his car?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1315 on: April 21, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Biggest mistake was to split with Ben Warriss.

One for the geriatrics.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1316 on: April 26, 2019, 03:25:48 PM »
I have just picked up my weekend football coupons. On the coupon for 'Acca Insurance' bets where you get your money back if one selection lets you down they usually omit the games when a team is heavily odds on to win. Having a quick read through the games in the four divisions the only game they seem to have left off the acca coupon this week is the Sheffield United v Ipswich game where United are 1/6 to win and Ipswich are 12/1 to win.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1317 on: April 26, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
Surely his biggest failing was being pictured with that bird on top of his car?

Cheers mate, I had managed to push that image to the dark recess of my mind until you mentioned it.

Offline mike

« Reply #1318 on: April 26, 2019, 07:52:58 PM »
i get why people don't like Lambert, he annoyed me too, but compared to O'Neill who wasted a fortune then actively sabotaged us, I find it hard to get too upset about him. He was also more respectful in his pre and post match interviews than professional moaner Spudfaceosaurus.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #1319 on: April 26, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
i get why people don't like Lambert, he annoyed me too, but compared to O'Neill who wasted a fortune then actively sabotaged us, I find it hard to get too upset about him. He was also more respectful in his pre and post match interviews than professional moaner Spudfaceosaurus.
Lambert repeatedly took the fans for idiots with his bizarre post-match observations. It was almost as though he didn't realise other human beings had been at the game and a score was kept.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal