collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 213003 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Paul Lambert gets another P45.
« Reply #960 on: October 16, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »

Has anyone posted the video to that Malaysian Villa fan who flew all the way over to the UK to meet his hero Paul Lambert recently ?

Words fail.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #961 on: October 16, 2018, 02:02:43 PM »
"They say get 40 points and see what happens. We have got 20 and last year it took us until January time to get 20, so that's an improvement."

It was stuff like that guff that used to make my blood boil.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #962 on: October 16, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »
Did anyone actually notice this new style of posession football he was harping on about? Seemed to me one week we were shite and had a little posession, the following week we were shite and had more posession?

Online tomd2103

« Reply #963 on: October 16, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »
Did anyone actually notice this new style of posession football he was harping on about? Seemed to me one week we were shite and had a little posession, the following week we were shite and had more posession?

I suppose he saw teams in Germany beginning to use the keeper almost as an outfield player as is the case with a  number of top teams now, but his plan only seemingly went as far as playing the ball backwards from a goal kick and that was it.  Asking Guzan to do that was the first major flaw in the plan, seeing as he was like a cat on a hot tin roof with the ball at his feet, 

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #964 on: October 16, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
Ah f**k him, I don't care any more. We've got Deano now and all is right with the world !

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #965 on: October 16, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »

All I remember was the backwards passing away at Smethwick by Guzan to whoever was at left back at the time.  It was embarrassing.  The same game Richardson got sent off.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #966 on: October 16, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »

Has anyone posted the video to that Malaysian Villa fan who flew all the way over to the UK to meet his hero Paul Lambert recently ?

Words fail.

https://youtu.be/9djhv_3NEQ8

Sorry. I just had to have a look, and share it.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #967 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »

Words fail.

Good grief, Jason Quek needs taking round the back of the studio and given a good hiding.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #968 on: October 16, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
From memory, we were having 30% possession most weeks (and failing to score) and Lambert was ridiculing the statistic as being meaningless and possession alone meant nothing. Fast forward a few weeks and a trip to Dortmund and we're having 70% possession (still failing to score) and Lambert couldn't stop banging on about how great it was to have so much possession. A complete and utter charlatan.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #969 on: October 16, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »

Words fail.

Wow! As shocked as I am of Jason's view of Paul Lambert - what a nice guy! Got to admire him for travelling all the way from Singapore - 3 times to watch Villa (1 win, 1 draw and the play off final loss). I would love it if he was a member of this forum, it would be amazing to hear from him about his trips and his view of Villa from Singapore. 

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #970 on: October 16, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »
I reckon Lambert must be on royalty payments or something.
Only that can explain why he needs to comment the fuck on everything we do, for some sort of payment.

I never hear him banging on about what goes on at Norwich!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #971 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9622651/paul-lambert-aston-villas-new-style-here-to-stay-despite-lack-of-goals

Villa are the Premier League's lowest scorers with just 11 in 18 games and into Sunday's game against Sunderland on the back of three games without a win.

But Lambert claimed his side dominated Swansea on Boxing Day and is happy a new approach - with the emphasis on possession - is working.

"If we keep doing what we are doing and take the chances then we will win more games than not," Lambert said. "There will be so many twists and turns throughout the season, but if we keep doing what we've been doing we will be fine.

"There are good players like Joe Cole still to come back and if we get everybody fit then we will certainly, the way we are playing, be a match for teams.

——————

Yeah what could possibly go wrong when your best player is a beast of a target man most effective with good quick service.

Biggest let down and should have been fucked of the moment safety was done in 2014. A woeful manager as has been demonstrated subsequently

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #972 on: October 16, 2018, 10:09:39 PM »
I reckon Lambert must be on royalty payments or something.
Only that can explain why he needs to comment the fuck on everything we do, for some sort of payment.

I never hear him banging on about what goes on at Norwich!

Scottish Harry Redknapp, he's just a Scottish Harry Redknapp......

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #973 on: October 16, 2018, 10:20:19 PM »
I don't wish him any ill. He came in and did ok and then I don't know if it was because of his personal life that it all started to go wrong and he lost the plot totally. Perhaps the management team he assembled around him didn't help him when things started to go wrong.  He totally seemed to change and he doesn't seem to have come out of that hole even after leaving us.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #974 on: October 16, 2018, 11:26:21 PM »
Joe Cole! 'kin 'ell...what was the point?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal