collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 212024 times)

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2016, 09:28:20 PM »
Surprised he got the Wolves job, they played us off the park only a few weeks ago so it's clear Lambert will have decent players to work with. Going to be under serious pressure to deliver with their new owners, flop here and his career may be over.

wolves were the less shitter team on the park, imo

but lambert aint good enough for wolves again imo

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »
He might eventually get Wolves promoted but then they need to sack him before he does to them what he did to Villa. He is the main reason for Villa's current plight. If the players bought weren't his choice he should have said so.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2016, 06:44:15 PM »
He might eventually get Wolves promoted but then they need to sack him before he does to them what he did to Villa. He is the main reason for Villa's current plight.

More than Lerner or Fox?

Hmm.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
He might eventually get Wolves promoted but then they need to sack him before he does to them what he did to Villa. He is the main reason for Villa's current plight. If the players bought weren't his choice he should have said so.

You're having a laugh mate. For all of Lambert's fuckwittery he was still just a symptom of Lerner's sabotage of the club and most certainly not the cause.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2016, 10:05:05 PM »
the funniest thing is that wolves fan actually want him and think he will do a good job

To be fair he did at Norwich who are a similar size club. The man was way out of his depth at Villa.

I can't think of a stage in my life when I have thought at Norwich were as big as Wolves.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2016, 12:38:54 AM »
He might eventually get Wolves promoted but then they need to sack him before he does to them what he did to Villa. He is the main reason for Villa's current plight.

More than Lerner or Fox?

Hmm.

Can't blame Fox. The man had absolutely no business as a Prem CEO. He has not a clue about the game of football, tactics, talent.. just a money man. Another routine, awful Lerner appointment. He hired a butcher to paint the house.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2016, 06:40:37 AM »

More than Lerner or Fox?

Hmm.

Not "hmm".

"Absolute bollocks" more like

Offline Diablo

« Reply #382 on: November 14, 2016, 08:55:02 AM »
the funniest thing is that wolves fan actually want him and think he will do a good job

To be fair he did at Norwich who are a similar size club. The man was way out of his depth at Villa.

I can't think of a stage in my life when I have thought at Norwich were as big as Wolves.

Nope, nor me (even when Mike Walker's team beat Bayern in 93).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »
It was a difficult job for Lambert here, no question about that but I do think he really installed the losing mentality within the club.

McLeish started the negative process but he was quickly removed, Lambert wasn't.

When you look at his reign, 15-0 over xmas 2012, Bradford (and other awful cup exits in other seasons) and annual runs of 6 games where we couldn't even score a goal it's amazing he lasted close to 3 years here.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:40 PM »
And an additional 4 year deal... no other club in the country would have done that.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
And an additional 4 year deal... no other club in the country would have done that.

The same month we gave Hutton and of course Gabby new long term deals. You do really shake your head sometimes at some of the decision making in football.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2016, 11:24:10 PM »
Lambert was always gracious and respectful on villa history. He also wrote with sincerity when he left club.  I believe he was frustrated and was unfair at times as club has to be responsible in what Lambert failed to achieved /performed as much as the man himself. He was also pioneering get somehow misguided to employ a Bayern Munich type possession game and was the right manager under tbe wrong owner. I wish him well and look with intrigue how be he gets on but i think he won't achieve the heights of Norwich or Wycombe
 What is strikingly apparent is Lambert like alot of managers struggle with the expectation and pressure of big clubs or ones with history and tradition. I ultimately see Lambert failing and dont see them as a play off threat.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #387 on: November 15, 2016, 12:57:21 AM »
No, Lambert needs to shut the fuck up.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #388 on: November 15, 2016, 05:54:18 AM »
It was a difficult job for Lambert here, no question about that but I do think he really installed the losing mentality within the club.

McLeish started the negative process but he was quickly removed, Lambert wasn't.

When you look at his reign, 15-0 over xmas 2012, Bradford (and other awful cup exits in other seasons) and annual runs of 6 games where we couldn't even score a goal it's amazing he lasted close to 3 years here.

Thinking back you are right. I do wonder why many of us (me included) manged to keep behind him even after those regular terrible runs. I mean, we werent THAT unnatractive prospect for other managers who would have been a damn sight better.

Part of it I suppose was the fact that although we lost a lot and played terribly almost all the time we could also pull off spectacular wins with genuinely exciting counter attacking football. Although very rare there were enough to keep hope alive for a brief time.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:03:39 AM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #389 on: November 15, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
I had no hope under Lambert, take that run of 10 or so games in his first year away and the results and performances were abysmal. We stunk the league out under him with some of the worst football I've seen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal