collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211926 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2016, 11:57:10 AM »
The two things that irk me more than anything about him is the amount of chances he was given and yet still intimates he had a raw deal.  And second, that he constantly moaned about crap budgets and yet there are managers who spent less than he did and got them to a half decent finish or in Leicesters case won the league.  It's not always about what you spend but the way you spend it and whether or not the person managing the team is a buffoon or not Paul.

This is how I feel.  He was given the club's full backing and got longer than any manager outside of MON over the last decade and just couldn't turn us around.  Think he did a very good job at Norwich and is a decent manager, but certainly wasn't up to it at Villa.

Or at pretty much every other managerial job he has had, so Norwich is now beginning to look like the exception.  I think allowing him to tread water for far too long was one the main reasons for the situation we find ourselves in. 

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »
The two things that irk me more than anything about him is the amount of chances he was given and yet still intimates he had a raw deal.  And second, that he constantly moaned about crap budgets and yet there are managers who spent less than he did and got them to a half decent finish or in Leicesters case won the league.  It's not always about what you spend but the way you spend it and whether or not the person managing the team is a buffoon or not Paul.

This is how I feel.  He was given the club's full backing and got longer than any manager outside of MON over the last decade and just couldn't turn us around.  Think he did a very good job at Norwich and is a decent manager, but certainly wasn't up to it at Villa.

Or at pretty much every other managerial job he has had, so Norwich is now beginning to look like the exception.  I think allowing him to tread water for far too long was one the main reasons for the situation we find ourselves in. 

See I speak as someone who for a long time backed Lambert and felt that if given time he would turn it around, but it was that final season which sold it to me that he was not up to it. I think we were right to give him as long as we did, because when he took over we well in very bad shape, whereas when the likes of Hollier and mad Alec took over they at least had a decent squad to work with.  As far as saving us that season we got the timing of change from Lambert to Sherwood just right, its just that Sherwood proved another poor Lerner appointment.  And it is a string of poor manageral appointments which pretty much done Randy in at Villa.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2016, 12:08:44 PM »
Lambert use of the Nuremberg defence is wishy washy at best. As Brian states, when history comes to judge him on his time at B6, he will be viewed as a willing participator in our demise.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
Who begged to be sacked

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »
And still signed a four year contract. The absolute flute.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2016, 12:08:45 AM »
It seems increasingly likely that Lambo was told to stay on as a sale was imminent and the long contract was purely by way of financial compensation.

Quite a few posters were putting forward this theory when TSM2 started contradicting himself within paragraphs, and sometimes within sentences.

"Why haven't you tried to sign X, Y or Z"?

"I tried to sign all of those. Then I heard the terms, and I fell out out of the seat"

"Is there a salary cap?"

"Er no. Nothing like that! Not a t all. No, nay, never"

"Are transfer funds limited?"

"No, nay, never, ever anything like that!"

"Why are you such a tnuc getting on everyone's wick?"

"I am sucking Satan's dick."

Online kippaxvilla2

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »
"I managed Benteke better than anyone else did. Gizza job."

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
Genius: "get up the pitch".   

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »
Genius: "get up the pitch".   

Unbelievable isn't it?  "See that thing with the net up there? Kick the ball into it"

Twat!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »
"Your big, your strong, get up the pitch and you will cause havoc because of your size". Only a man who took his coaching badges in Germany can come up with revolutionary stuff like that.

'The 47 year old, who is without a managerial job at the moment.......'

Do you reckon he gets drunk and emotional sometimes, phones up the club late at night and says sorry and asks if we will have him back?

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »
"Your big, your strong, get up the pitch and you will cause havoc because of your size". Only a man who took his coaching badges in Germany can come up with revolutionary stuff like that.

Do you reckon he gets drunk and emotional sometimes, phones up the club late at night and says sorry and asks if we will have him back?

if he knew what a phone was

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
If I owned the club i'd hire him and have him back.

Just so as I could have the pleasure of sacking the twat again.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »

if he knew what a phone was

He must know what a phone is. He manages to get in the touch with the press regularly to keep his name 'out there'. I doubt they are all chasing him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »
Has he offered to resign from talking about us yet?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal