collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211931 times)

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2016, 05:51:35 PM »
He kept our ship afloat in recent seasons and he's right in what he says, its hardly sticking the boot in.

But he got his fat pay-off so he should now just mind his own business and fuck off.

So eloquent. I really don't understand why you are so upset - he's hardly saying anything we don't all know, and every commentator, player, pundit etc has something to say. Whether its Savage, Murphy, Collymore, McManaman, so on and so forth. Its the game. Why is he any different?

Move on

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »
Wenger doesn't find the players either. He just names the type he wants and leaves it up to the scouts to identify options. That one is straight from the Fox's mouth on "how Arsenal are run".

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:10 PM »
He kept our ship afloat in recent seasons and he's right in what he says, its hardly sticking the boot in.

But he got his fat pay-off so he should now just mind his own business and fuck off.

So eloquent. I really don't understand why you are so upset - he's hardly saying anything we don't all know, and every commentator, player, pundit etc has something to say. Whether its Savage, Murphy, Collymore, McManaman, so on and so forth. Its the game. Why is he any different?

Move on

lambert is like the jilted bride, had his chance at a big club, was shit, and now wants to stop his former love to suffer, and of course promote himself as hot stuff, to prospective Mugs.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »
compare and contrast Brian little's comments about the club with TSM2's. It's very illuminating.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2016, 06:24:48 PM »
Time to stop talking about Villa Paul.

We are also "not surprised" by the results you have delivered at Rovers. It all seems very familiar.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:22 PM »

Move on

I'm not upset, and I couldn't care less about him. I don't like being reminded he was our manager though, so as I said, fuck him.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2016, 08:03:43 PM »

Move on

Because all people you mentioned are pundits. It's their job to talk about football. Lambert is a manager of a football club so he should be concentrating on his own job and his own side without mentioning us once a month, which he seems to have done since he left.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2016, 08:08:28 PM »
Yeah if you're really unhappy about something in your job and you realise it's going down the pan then you leave normally. I quite understand the financial reasons he had  for not leaving, but then you shouldn't come out afterwards and point out you knew it was all going down the pan and just went along with it for the money. You just look a self-serving twat. If he'd burst into laughter and said "aye it was going up shit-creek the whole time i was there but i didn't give a shit" I'd have more respect for him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »

Move on

I'm not upset, and I couldn't care less about him. I don't like being reminded he was our manager though, so as I said, fuck him.

Agreed. And it's not like he's going on about Norwich or Colchester. He could easily deflect the question about us but he constantly weighs in with his irrelevant opinion.

You are part of the problem Paul. Shut the fuck up or if you want talk acknowledge your role in this mess.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »
Good point about Norwich. A club he achieved far more with and he should be proud of the work he did there. Instead he always bleats on about us for some reason. Why always talk about the job you failed at? Surely better to talk about your successes.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »
As I've said before I'd love to go up against him in a studio and say:

'But Paul what about Bradford?  First team ever to lose to a fourth tier team over two legs?  What about millwall?  What about Sheffield United?  What about Orient?  Were all those defeats because you couldn't sign Bony or Lukaku?

What about the worst ever run of consecutive goals conceded - 0-8, 0-4, 0-3 0-1 before scoring?  Presumably down to the fact you weren't able to bring in Kompany and Terry?

What about that 0-8 at Chelsea? Lack of a Mascherano to shore things up?

What about the worst home record in a season that you then bettered the following season? 

What about that ground breaking sideways crab style football you introduced to the world following your trips to Barcelona and Germany?

What about those great stats that the public had great delight in taking the piss out of us about you know like not scoring a single goal from September till November and the cancelling of the October goal of the month completion because well we didn't score?

What about all those 'excellent' performances that you described that the entire remainder of the developed world failed to spot?

All these super records with Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, Cleverley.  Man we really were sorry you left.'

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »

Move on

Agreed. And it's not like he's going on about Norwich or Colchester. He could easily deflect the question about us but he constantly weighs in with his irrelevant opinion.

You are part of the problem Paul. Shut the fuck up or if you want talk acknowledge your role in this mess.

I'd too like to throw my hat into the ring so eloquently drawn by saunders_heroes.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »
Good point about Norwich. A club he achieved far more with and he should be proud of the work he did there. Instead he always bleats on about us for some reason. Why always talk about the job you failed at? Surely better to talk about your successes.

He talks about the club he failed at because he wants everyone to know it was everyone else's fault but his

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »
It's probably just a case of he gets asked about us when doing an interview so he replies. If McLeish or Pubehead were managing in the league over here they'd probably be asked about our situation as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal