collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211877 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »
If casual racism was his thing I'm sure he'd have mentioned that Lerner is Jewish, but he didn't.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2016, 11:58:36 PM »
It's entirely up to you. I would hope that all right-thinking people would.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2016, 12:00:37 AM »
It's entirely up to you. I would hope that all right-thinking people would.

Yes and yes.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2016, 12:01:09 AM »
If casual racism was his thing I'm sure he'd have mentioned that Lerner is Jewish, but he didn't.

As long as he's got a bad word to say about him; that's the main thing.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:41 AM »

Yeah, he deserves all the grief he gets in my book, and a bit more as well, but I would never condone racism.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2016, 12:08:08 AM »

Yeah, he deserves all the grief he gets in my book, and a bit more as well, but I would never condone racism.

You'll agree that "American fuckwit" is out of order then?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2016, 12:09:57 AM »

Yes. Just plain old "fuckwit" sums him up beautifully. 

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »

Yes. Just plain old "fuckwit" sums him up beautifully. 

Thank you. Indeed it does.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2016, 12:41:24 AM »
No fan of lambert but seeing Lerner seemed to have screwed every manager since MON, I tend to believe his version. He did a shit job but given what he was asked to do its not surprising. Yeah he took the job but there's not many managers who haven't got an inflated opinion of their abilities otherwise they wouldn't be managers, and yeah he toed the official line and didn't complain at the time but so did all the rest, and so is Garde, for now.  You can have a go at him for keeping quiet when employed by us but i can't see the problem with him speaking out now. As a shite manager he's obviously trying to justify his failure but even if he'd been half competant he'd never have done owt with that Villa set-up - one of the reasons I'm not that bothered about Garde limping on as lame-duck manager is because the reincarnation of ron saunders couldn't build a successful team with these cowboys at the helm

Tim nice but Dim got us playing half-decent and to the cup final with that set-up. The idea that Lambert was doing as well as possible doesn't stack up.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2016, 08:23:56 AM »
Checking the news this morning it appears both TSM's will be speaking out on Soccer Saturday today about their respective sentences while incarcerated at Aston Villa FC. Apparently Lambert was 'delighted' when he got the sack, and now McCleish is also bemoaning the hand he was given, ie. no money to spend, cutting the wage bill, while trying to remain competitive in the league.

Lambert again mumbles darkly about things 'going on behind the scenes' that he shouldn't have put up with (without ever specifying what these things were and risking non-compliance with the terms of his generous severance package). As the saying goes, 'Put up or shut up'.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
but the only thing TSM did was to increase the wage bill with the ridiculous largesse of signing Given and the Potplant on mega five year deals. Did he actually manage tp dislodge any of thewage vampires during his year long stay? What a cock.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2016, 09:24:47 AM »
Checking the news this morning it appears both TSM's will be speaking out on Soccer Saturday today about their respective sentences while incarcerated at Aston Villa FC. Apparently Lambert was 'delighted' when he got the sack, and now McCleish is also bemoaning the hand he was given, ie. no money to spend, cutting the wage bill, while trying to remain competitive in the league.

Lambert again mumbles darkly about things 'going on behind the scenes' that he shouldn't have put up with (without ever specifying what these things were and risking non-compliance with the terms of his generous severance package). As the saying goes, 'Put up or shut up'.
Signing NZog was a complete vanity on TSM's part, having failed to do so down the road. Putting both NZ and Given on long term expensive contracts was probably both the club's and TSM's doing.
Saddling mediocre club stewardship with poor managers was bound to end in tears.

Offline AV89

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »
Trying to deflect attention from the horror job he's doing at Blackburn?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »

'American fuckwit' is racist? Out of order?

Sorry, I have to say it's neither. Currently sat with some mates from the good old U S of A, i've asked them for their take on the matter. At best it's 'rude'.

I prefer the word '******' where Lerner is concerned. The sooner he spontaneously combusts the better.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
What does TSM stand for? Is that racist?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal