collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Criticism Post-Liverpool: Over The Top & Factually Inaccurate  (Read 17217 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Aston Villa Criticism Post-Liverpool: Over The Top & Factually Inaccurate
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
They're midtable and had lost 8 and won 9 before playing us, they shouldn't be stuffing us at all. We should at the very least be making them work. This defeatist talk is bollocks. Now we're not even expecting us to be in a game against midtable teams.

Tell me one player we have who would get in their team, including subs.

Tell me one player who would get in the Liverpool team from Newcastle?

Tell me 1 player who gets into the Man Utd team from Sunderland?

Did they go into that game with the right attitude? The result suggests yes. Not going to happen every week I accept but not happening any week with us.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:58:11 PM by Nunkin1965 »

Offline Locko

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
In fairness to Derby and Sunderland they were newly promoted clubs who were Ill equipped for the league.

We've been a top flight club for 3 decades.  It's inexcusable for us to be as ill prepared as we have become.

Hear hear. It takes a unique kind of fuckwittery to relegate a club as big as Aston Villa. Our PL infrastructure has been hacked away for 6 seasons now and it's taken that long for it to finally crumble. We've been sabotaged by Randy Lerner.

The hide and seek grand master with his witless appointments and dereliction of duty has led us to this sorry state of affairs. As wretched as our players are, this whole sorry debacle has to be laid solely at the door of our brain donor owner. A pox on his house, gutless wanker that he is...

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:09 PM »
I don't agree that the first team to face Firmino, Sturridge and Couthino were going to get a hiding at all.
But it's a fact that the first team to face that trio was us and we did lose?......By a landslide.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »
I don't agree that the first team to face Firmino, Sturridge and Couthino were going to get a hiding at all.
But it's a fact that the first team to face that trio was us and we did lose?......By a landslide.

Well let's see if the next team they play away from home get thrashed and humiliated as well then.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:54 PM »
But it's a fact that the first team to face that trio was us and we did lose.......By a landslide.

Well let's see if the next team they play away from home get thrashed and humiliated as well then.
probably not. I just think it was the perfect storm and that trio returning on the same day for the first time this season compounded things.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:11:58 PM by The Edge »

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
From the Geordies team, Krul? wijnaldum? sissoko. They have a few decent players Newcastle but all seem to be attackers, they remind me of the old Newcastle back in the mid nineties but without the same amount of quality (Shearer/Ferdinand/Ginola)

Sunderland have a lot of experienced players who are well past it,O'Shea/Brown and also players who have come from big clubs but haven't fulfilled there potential Johnson/Rodwell.

I couldn't give a toss about the other teams who are near us though and what the various reasons for  them being shit are, I would just like to see some commitment to the cause from whoever pulls on the claret and blue on a Saturday afternoon and not a single player showed that against Liverpool.

I genuinely think some of our lot are "on the beach" already and are just waiting for the season to end so they can find another club to move to or in Lescotts case retire to.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »
In fairness to Derby and Sunderland they were newly promoted clubs who were Ill equipped for the league.

We've been a top flight club for 3 decades.  It's inexcusable for us to be as ill prepared as we have become.

Hear hear. It takes a unique kind of fuckwittery to relegate a club as big as Aston Villa. Our PL infrastructure has been hacked away for 6 seasons now and it's taken that long for it to finally crumble. We've been sabotaged by Randy Lerner.

The hide and seek grand master with his witless appointments and dereliction of duty has led us to this sorry state of affairs. As wretched as our players are, this whole sorry debacle has to be laid solely at the door of our brain donor owner. A pox on his house, gutless wanker that he is...
Well put mate. I did hear that Randy Lerner was the world's first surviving brain transplant donor.
And the guy who called it "fuckwittery"....
..Brilliant!

Offline Locko

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 08:12:01 PM »
From the Geordies team, Krul? wijnaldum? sissoko. They have a few decent players Newcastle but all seem to be attackers, they remind me of the old Newcastle back in the mid nineties but without the same amount of quality (Shearer/Ferdinand/Ginola)

Sunderland have a lot of experienced players who are well past it,O'Shea/Brown and also players who have come from big clubs but haven't fulfilled there potential Johnson/Rodwell.

I couldn't give a toss about the other teams who are near us though and what the various reasons for  them being shit are, I would just like to see some commitment to the cause from whoever pulls on the claret and blue on a Saturday afternoon and not a single player showed that against Liverpool.

I genuinely think some of our lot are "on the beach" already and are just waiting for the season to end so they can find another club to move to or in Lescotts case retire to.
They've thrown the towel in, but the owner did six years ago, the tone is set from the very top.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:28 PM »
Another place you can find stupid,  grossly uninformed comments from people who have no ******g idea about our season is the BBC live coverage page on match day.  Full of cretins who just want top appear witty - and morons who only read the tabloids.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
I like that article however do not agree that the mentioned Liverpool 3 will be unplayable for any opposition.

Offline wince

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 11:00:53 PM »
Disagree with the article as it shows that we expect to lose as soon as the big teams come a knocking. There should be no games that we write off. What our team is suffering from, aside from the ability to look like subbuteo men, is shattered confidence. I am in no doubt that they know how shit they are. With no players on the pitch with a football mind and the skills to match, it was inevitable and I believe Stoke will turn us over because our team is beyond help. However, there is enough quality with the right mindset to create a team that can win. I have to believe that and come stoke, it will be expect to lose but hope to win

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 11:06:01 PM »
Another place you can find stupid,  grossly uninformed comments from people who have no ******g idea about our season is the BBC live coverage page on match day.  Full of cretins who just want top appear witty - and morons who only read the tabloids.

God those tweets from the public they put on there piss me right off. They all have the flavour of those Facebook Manu vs Liverpool bantz page bellends. Know fuck all about football, 'support' big 4 teams, endlessly recycling unfunny jokes about hitting stable doors, players in pockets, terry shagging wives. Oh my sides. Waste of oxygen ******.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:14 PM »
If this article had been written by Villas PR Dept. they could not have done a better job. anyway I feel a whole lot better now knowing that any criticism by former professionals who have played the game at the highest level was factually inaccurate and over the top.

"If this team started the season in the Championship, they’d be chasing promotion— there’s no doubt about that." I'm really looking forward to next season now Sam Tighe has put me straight.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »
Something happened behind the scenes in the dressing room last week in my opinion.  Just how else do you explain the complete and utter lack of application during Sunday's game.  Who are they trying to kid - lescott had it right there was no commitment which is professional negligence in my view.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
Garde was pretty vocal about the poor performance against Norwich. Did that rattle cages?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal