collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FINAL GAME BOYCOTT  (Read 39959 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: FINAL GAME BOYCOTT
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
Average attendances in the mid 20's or lower will be a wake up call.

No it won't, it'll be further justification for downsizing, and used by the media to call Villa fans fickle.

A successful protest doesn't need a realistic and achievable aim, it just needs to show how pissed off you are with something. But there will be no successful protests because, as this thread demonstrates, there is no unity between Villa fans when the team isn't winning.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »
I've said for a number of years that Villa fans will never do anything drastic to try to change things. If anybody on here thinks that we should just keeping turning up and cheer the team on, nothing will ever be achieved as any members of the hierarchy, who are at the ground, will know for sure that, no matter what shit they serve up for us, we will always keep going. To boycott just the last match of season is far too little too late. However, I'm sure someone will come up with an idea that suits the majority and, will put some sort of message across.

I've suggested in the past that, when the players come out, none of us should stand and clap, instead no noise from us at all would, in my opinion, give out some message. Even, say, don't cheer or say anything out loud for the first ten minutes, that would get the players and Directors wondering what the hell is going on.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 04:35:38 PM »
This is getting a bit monotonous , someone suggests a demonstration of some sort and then everybody else comes up with thier own idea. The result, nothing happens just more apathy.if you can not even get agreement on one thread on one forum you have absoloutely no chance of getting anything to happen across the wider fan base.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
I've said for a number of years that Villa fans will never do anything drastic to try to change things. If anybody on here thinks that we should just keeping turning up and cheer the team on, nothing will ever be achieved as any members of the hierarchy, who are at the ground, will know for sure that, no matter what shit they serve up for us, we will always keep going. To boycott just the last match of season is far too little too late. However, I'm sure someone will come up with an idea that suits the majority and, will put some sort of message across.

I've suggested in the past that, when the players come out, none of us should stand and clap, instead no noise from us at all would, in my opinion, give out some message. Even, say, don't cheer or say anything out loud for the first ten minutes, that would get the players and Directors wondering what the hell is going on.

What fucking message do you want to give?  That they are shit?  That we are dissapointed?  They know that FFS.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »
Needs to be made personal directly at Lerner. 30,000 people wearing lerner masks and dressed as buffoons would be more embarrassing. Need him to start hating us

Offline batucada

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
It doesn't matter what you do as the management obviously don't care. The supporters are an irrelevance.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »
The fans that have successfully got rid of owners, targeted the owner personally and intentionally. Not turning up or protests rarely work as if doesn't affect them personally. Being thousands of miles away kind of rules out turning up on his doorstep and anyway, these people tend to thrive on conflict. Ridicule though, is something they rarely can deal with.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
Yes ChrisW,

I do want them to get the message. At least I'm not one that stands up, gives them a standing ovation and, after 10 minutes start booing them as, I would never do that. Each to their own I guess. So, if you wish to keep giving a standing ovation to players who don't give a shit for you, me and our club, please feel free. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 05:07:16 PM »
But the question is, what do you hope to achieve from a protest?

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »
Serious question.

When a Liverpool fan suggests a protest on an online forum, what reaction do you think they get?

What about a protest against £77 tickets?
Waste of time, mate.
No one will walk out.
If you support the club, you'll stay and support the team.
You'll walk alone on this one.
Etc.

What about a protest against Hicks and Gillette?
Waste of time, mate.
We're stuck with them.
I'll support the team whoever owns them.
Protesting won't shift 'em.
Etc.

I know it's a quarter of century on, but do you reckon if we keep on campaigning we'll finally get a new inquest into Hillsborough..?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
The 19th minute started on here and was spread using social media in less than a day. It can be done, the problem is making it effective. It may seem a success if say 5K boycott, but that would still be a high 20K at least attendance because of ST sales and away fans plus those that will turn up anyway on a match ticket, so it would just look like a shit attendance unless the majority stay away.
I genuinely didn't know that the 19th minute applause had started here. It shows what can be achieved, you just need a popular cause and an agreed action at a set time.

So how about something that doesn't need a boycott but can be joined in with? How about on the 20th minute of our remaining home games, everyone stands up and points at the Directors Box (I assume its in the middle of the second tier of the Trinity) while chanting "we want our Villa back" for two or three minutes?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »
Serious question.

When a Liverpool fan suggests a protest on an online forum, what reaction do you think they get?

Waste of time, mate.
No one will walk out.
Etc.

Waste of time, mate.
We're stuck with them.
Etc.

I know it's a quarter of century on, but do you reckon if we keep on campaigning we'll finally get a new inquest into Hillsborough..?

So, what do you want to achieve?  Persuade Randy to sell up?  He already wants to.  Tell the team they are shit?  I suspect they know.

Liverpool had a tangible aim with their protests.  What is our aim?

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »
Serious question.

Waste of time, mate.
No one will walk out.
Etc.

Waste of time, mate.
We're stuck with them.
Etc.

So, what do you want to achieve? Persuade Randy to sell up?  He already wants to.  Tell the team they are shit?  I suspect they know.

Liverpool had a tangible aim with their protests.  What is our aim?

I get a bit tired of this myopic view. Yes he wants to sell up but most likely on his terms. He has fanny'd around with this notion of 'unmotivated' seller before. The bloke is a grade A pillock who needs a little more 'incentivising'. Any concerted, prolonged, repetitive effort to show our contempt for his mismanagement is fine by me. The appointment of a new chairman was his last move to completely absolve himself of responsibility. He cares not a fuck but that doesn't mean we can't show that we do.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 05:38:24 PM »

What fucking message do you want to give?  That they are shit?  That we are dissapointed?  They know that FFS.

The problem is that not all of them think themselves as shit...if they did they wouldn't be making stupid public statements about them wanting to leave and play Champions League football.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 05:44:11 PM »
Serious question.

Waste of time, mate.
No one will walk out.
Etc.

Waste of time, mate.
We're stuck with them.
Etc.

This. 1000 times this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal