collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FINAL GAME BOYCOTT  (Read 39846 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: FINAL GAME BOYCOTT
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
When Kevin Pietersen scored a century for England in South Africa, the fans simply stood up and faced away from the pitch. I suggest we do the same.  Simple, cheap, effective. Stand up. Turn your back, encourage those around you to do the same?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 03:22:13 PM »
I personally think we need to turn up in our numbers. I would love to see every supporter stood up whilst chanting, and twirling scarfs as per the last 5 minutes of yesterdays match for the 90 minutes of every game.

This represents that our board may have given up, us supporters will never let our club die and remain proud.

I think that sends out a clearer message.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »
The last match being Newcastle at home will more than likely be our last home game in the premiership for how long we just do not know, by staying away will indeed just look like bad attendance , The AVFC police stewards will remove banners from us on the way in make no doubt , also remember there are thousands of fans who do not read any kind of forum so trying to organise anything only generates interest on each fan forum. We should turn up in our thousands, not to support the team, the board , management but to support Aston Villa. As the teams are about to enter we should all turn our backs and it could only take the upper Holte to start chanting ' Turn round if you love Villa ', to hopefully get the rest to follow. We should have a party atmosphere that day because they will not silence us and I would rather have commentators saying how amazing we are rather than belittling us. I know it is hard because we all feel beaten but when all these players and suits have climbed in their new Mercedes and fucked off we will still be here , praising,moaning,cheering and booing but most importantly supporting Aston Villa Football Club 

The 19th minute started on here and was spread using social media in less than a day. It can be done, the problem is making it effective. It may seem a success if say 5K boycott, but that would still be a high 20K at least attendance because of ST sales and away fans plus those that will turn up anyway on a match ticket, so it would just look like a shit attendance unless the majority stay away.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
I fully understand the depth of feeling of supporters as to the management of our club, especially after yesterday.  I empathise; I really do but, as long as there's breath in my body I will get to Villa Park as often as I can come hell or highwater no matter what shit is being served up.  Why?  because I'm a Villa fan, always have been, always will be and because I've seen it all before.

I've just had a conversation with my daughter and she asked me how many times has the Villa been relegated?  I replied that they have been demoted counting this coming time, six.  I've seen five of them.  This is my club, I won't turn my back on them now.

I know I'm open to critisism after saying this because of where I live but, I promise you this:  If I were still to be at home, come 2:40pm on a Saturday I'd be there.

Those people who think that their absence will make a difference I say to them, follow your heart, I'll follow mine.  Up the Villa!

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
I fully understand the depth of feeling of supporters as to the management of our club, especially after yesterday.  I empathise; I really do but, as long as there's breath in my body I will get to Villa Park as often as I can come hell or highwater no matter what shit is being served up.  Why?  because I'm a Villa fan, always have been, always will be and because I've seen it all before.

I've just had a conversation with my daughter and she asked me how many times has the Villa been relegated?  I replied that they have been demoted counting this coming time, six.  I've seen five of them.  This is my club, I won't turn my back on them now.

I know I'm open to critisism after saying this because of where I live but, I promise you this:  If I were still to be at home, come 2:40pm on a Saturday I'd be there.

Those people who think that their absence will make a difference I say to them, follow your heart, I'll follow mine.  Up the Villa!

completely agree mate.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 03:34:15 PM »

I'm of the same mind dave, sadly I will not be at the final game due to my wife organising a much needed holiday for that week, but I would of been there and I will certainly make the remaining home games with the odd away games in there too....

Up the Villa
the Doc

Offline go on the dog

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »
Why not walk out in the 82nd min(82 meaning the year we won the European cup not that you needed telling ) after a full match of silence in protest

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
If we play like we did yesterday - against anyone - there'll be a walk out before the hour mark at every game.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
What is the purpose of any of this? They know we are pissed off; they know we are going to mistrust anything they say; they know until we see concrete action in the transfer market the only response will be "don't tell me, show me".

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 03:53:57 PM »
Brilliant, Let's walk out on the minute which coresponds to the amount of points we have. So now we have 16 so if it stays this way walk out on the 16th etc

I wouldn't put it past the club to ban everyone though

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 04:01:10 PM »
What is the purpose of any of this? They know we are pissed off; they know we are going to mistrust anything they say; they know until we see concrete action in the transfer market the only response will be "don't tell me, show me".

Exactly.  What are you hoping to achieve?  Lerner already wants to sell the club and I suspect everyone involved with the club understands the fans are a touch dissapointed that we're being relegated.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
I personally think we need to turn up in our numbers. I would love to see every supporter stood up whilst chanting, and twirling scarfs as per the last 5 minutes of yesterdays match for the 90 minutes of every game.

This represents that our board may have given up, us supporters will never let our club die and remain proud.

what were they singing?

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 04:08:42 PM »
The thing about protesting at any time on a match day is that ultimately it is a complete waste of time. The realism is that as supporters we are powerless and with all respect to those who have posted suggestions to expect any fundamental change is bordering on delusional. The owner and executive team are as detached from the supporters as the players are.

I will continue to support my club, as many of you have done,through good and bad times as ultimately my unwavering adoration of the greatest team in the world can only act as an embarrassment to those who involvement is,at best, transient.

Online montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »
Average attendances in the mid 20's or lower will be a wake up call.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »

what were they singing?

Mainly Villa boys making all the noise.  Together with a lot of seat banging.  It was great and made you proud of being a Villa fan.  I for one believe that the last 12 games should be a carnival of noise and scarf waving.  Lets go down with a bang and entice that multi-billionaire in waiting that Villa is the club to back...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal