collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McGrath right as Div 3 beckons  (Read 19858 times)

Offline trevor fisher

McGrath right as Div 3 beckons
« on: February 14, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
The defeat today is not just a humiliation, its confirmation of something Paul McGrath said a couple of months ago. This club could go straight through the championship into Division 3. League one my foot. Its where we were in 1970. While today is the first 0-6 defeat at home since 1983 (the year after we won the European cup - achievement wrecked by the chair. And how things have changed....) its more than that.

Clearly the squad was poor under Sherwood and got worse under Garde, but it is at the top that we need to look for the problems. Not backing Garde in the January window was a vote of no confidence. So why? Perhaps a way to force him to resign so the pay off doesn't happen? As all the managers under LErner have been paid off, the fault is of course with him. He appoints donkeys. And with the manager donkey, they then have to work under people who don't understand football.

Last post I did, I was backing Garde but now think he may have to resign to save his reputation. No one can blame him. Any football club that has no football nous and appoints bankers to the board when they need football experts is showing that money is more valuable than skill. But they are donkeys too, as the big money is about to come in and they are throwing it away. Then Lescott seems to have gone public on his new Mercedes. Folly, but Lescott knows how good football clubs are run and can see the rot at this one. Division 3 is not inevitable, though the Championship does seem inevitable, but the big questions are not about what happens on the pitch. Its sad that fans don't get more involved in the boardroom politics. Villa is a classic example of being run by a man with more money than sense. If McGrath can see what is happening, however, how come the fans generally don't get the messge?

Trevor Fisher.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: McGrath right as Div 3 beckons
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »
Are Derby in League 2? We battered them 6-0 at their place a few seasons ago. How many clubs that have been relegated went on to be relegated again the following season? Very few if any. I'm not taking our situation lightly but it's complete nonsense that we are somehow about collapse into a football equivalent of a black hole.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »
It was 2-6 in 1983. A month later we lost 5-2 at Notts Co.

PWS

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
 cant be bother anymoe 50 watching good ti8me bad times

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:44:38 PM »
Daft. There is the basis of a decent squad. The majority of these players have spent their time in the PL staying up. Even as piss-poor PL players, they should manage Championship standards with ease. Other's like Gestede have done it in the Championship level.  Most of them aren't over the hill, so given the right manager we should be able to form a team out of the debris that will challenge at least the play-offs and with the right additions, and fucking off the likes of Bacuna, we should at least be competitive

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:49:07 PM »
If McGrath can see what is happening, however, how come the fans generally don't get the messge?

I am pretty sure the fans generally do get the message, thanks though.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:53:09 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »
Are Derby in League 2? We battered them 6-0 at their place a few seasons ago. How many clubs that have been relegated went on to be relegated again the following season? Very few if any. I'm not taking our situation lightly but it's complete nonsense that we are somehow about collapse into a football equivalent of a black hole.

Do you ever have a day off?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 10:55:03 PM »

I have one tomorrow and I have a massive gape-on if you're free? x

Online Clampy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 10:55:32 PM »

Do you ever come on here without criticising somebody?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 10:56:11 PM »

Is nobody talking to you on TBAR? Poor baby DC5 has to come back on to H&V for some attention.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 10:58:16 PM »

No. I just follow your example.

Online Clampy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »

No. I just follow your example.

Thanks for proving my point.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »

Is nobody talking to you on TBAR? Poor baby DC5 has to come back on to H&V for some attention.

You obnoxious cretin, TV.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:49 PM »
DC5 just out of curiosity. Do you fancy me? You seem to be my stalker. Listen each to their own and such, but I'm happily married mate and I like girls. Just thought I'd get it out in the open so it doesn't become, you know, awkward later.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 11:02:29 PM »
We could do with this thread not being hijacked for handbags.  It's dull. Just saying...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal