collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Liverpool pre match thread  (Read 30005 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Aston Villa vs Liverpool pre match thread
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:24 PM »
Looks like Coutinho and Sturridge will play a part on Sunday. Damn.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 09:27:11 PM »
So Sturridge who has played about one game all season (the one where he scored twice against us) has now recovered just in time to score his usual goal against Villa.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 10:04:04 PM »
So Sturridge who has played about one game all season (the one where he scored twice against us) has now recovered just in time to score his usual goal against Villa.

looks lively too and combining well with Benteke....

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »

looks lively too and combining well with Benteke....

He'll be on the bench if those two play.

Online TonyD

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 10:39:37 PM »
 Visions of Dennis in front of the Holte.   Ah 2.0

Offline Dave Pountney

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »
Having watched so many mismatches against the top sides at Villa Park over the years, I'm inclined to think that we'll get another on Saturday against Liverpool. It's my default position on these types of games, honed over decades now. Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea, strolling around our place as if they own it and the chants of their bragging fans echoing around a rapidly emptying Villa Park. Not only do we hardly ever win, they're rarely even competitive matches and I've tended to give them a miss for some time now, even when I've had a season ticket. Utterly predictable results and an embarrassing chasm in class and quality. Couthino and Sturridge now back to add to their expensively assembled side, I suspect they'll bully us into submission. The saliva will be dripping from their mouths as they walk on to the pitch 3-0 to the scouse bastards.

It's sad, I know, and I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic, but I can see the game in my head now, mainly because I've watched so many of them over the last 10 years. I'd love to say that the Villa will put in the performance of their lives in front of a packed and fervent Villa Park, but I just can't see it. I just can't and it saddens me.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 01:23:42 AM »
Having watched so many mismatches against the top sides at Villa Park over the years, I'm inclined to think that we'll get another on Saturday against Liverpool. It's my default position on these types of games, honed over decades now. Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea, strolling around our place as if they own it and the chants of their bragging fans echoing around a rapidly emptying Villa Park. Not only do we hardly ever win, they're rarely even competitive matches and I've tended to give them a miss for some time now, even when I've had a season ticket. Utterly predictable results and an embarrassing chasm in class and quality. Couthino and Sturridge now back to add to their expensively assembled side, I suspect they'll bully us into submission. The saliva will be dripping from their mouths as they walk on to the pitch 3-0 to the scouse bastards.

It's sad, I know, and I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic, but I can see the game in my head now, mainly because I've watched so many of them over the last 10 years. I'd love to say that the Villa will put in the performance of their lives in front of a packed and fervent Villa Park, but I just can't see it. I just can't and it saddens me.

I am 20, I've had a season ticket for 10 years, going to games at VP for 15. I've never seen us beat Man United at home.

I agree with this.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »
There is a romantic place on 7th and 33rd who may be showing the game. Almost Breakfast at Tiffany's. Except it's a Hooters bar with 60 wide screen TV's showing sport.

Most of the time it shows American sport, which is nothing at all like real sport.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »
Somewhere along the line it became acceptable to lose to the 'big clubs' both home and away. Then it became expected. Now it's just a formality, a boring routine, which is why I have no confidence or hope in us winning this game whatsoever. I'd love to be proved wrong, and I know we're capable of getting get a freak result once in a blue moon, but I know Villa too well. All too often we're beaten before we walk down the tunnel.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 09:40:37 AM »
It is written that Benteke and Milner will score, and Sturridge will get his usual gift. Lescott for us from a set piece. 3-1 to that lot.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »
Could be interesting. Under Sherwood, we were pretty much the "go to" team for any club who wanted to halt their poor run of form. We were the team everyone wanted to play in order to get back on track. Liverpool have won 1 in their last 6 league games (or something,) plus the loss last night in Walford, so it will be interesting to see what they get out of Garde's Villa.

I'm going for a draw - which will be an improvement but won't be enough.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
FIFA 16 predicts a 1-1 draw. Milner opens the scoring with a close range volley at the near post for them fairly late in the second half, but in the 93rd minute Gabby heads in an equaliser after an initial effort is headed off the line by a defender.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »
I think we'll lose this one. Can see them passing it around well, getting an early goal and us not being able to get back into it. 0-2.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
FIFA 16 predicts a 1-1 draw. Milner opens the scoring with a close range volley at the near post for them fairly late in the second half, but in the 93rd minute Gabby heads in an equaliser after an initial effort is headed off the line by a defender.
funny enough FIFA 16 predicted 2-0 vs Norwich and I thought, "yeah, right."

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:44 PM »
Could do with Rudy on the bench - they are weak from set-pieces..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal