collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Plot To Escape Relegation Thread - 2016  (Read 24620 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

Re: The Plot To Escape Relegation Thread - 2016
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
Yeah Swansea and Bournemouth picking up points has been a ball ache, we need a couple of other teams to be sucked in.

Good workman like performance from everyone - hard to think of anyone who didn't at least play ok.

I said a few weeks ago the Baggies could be dragged into it and slowly they are - even though they've got the same points as Chelsea I think Chelsea will continue to improve - for me anyone from Crystal Palace down (excluding Chelsea) can be caught.  We can do this - VTID.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »
Anyone come up with a forumla that has us staying up without beating Newcastle at home?

Let's see we factor in beating them at home as that simply has to be done if we are to have any chance of staying up then the gap to them is 5 points with 12 games left.

Dosen't sound that impossible....Newcastle still have many hard games themselves left in the run in....Man. City, Spurs at home, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester away etc so they'll lose games in the run in but we simply must capitalise on the weekends they do whoever we're playing.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 07:29:42 PM »
The Stripeys are this season's Glass Staircase riders. They'll stay up because they have enough points already and Pulis will scrape a few more results but the loyalest fanz in the wairld will force him out in the summer, even after their best season since 1987-88.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »
Albion won't go down with Pulis in charge, when needed he can stick ten behind the ball and grind out an appalling 0-0 or 1-0 win. I wanted them to get something at Newcastle today. I still think we're down but IF we were to get out of it we need to keep the likes of Newcastle as close as possible.

Newcastle will love coming to VP last home game of the season if we're down and they're safe. We'll have to take our medicine that day.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 07:57:35 PM »
Speaking to see Stripey chums on the phone on my way back and they bae best pleased with Tone.

We need six or seven more wins and a smattering of draws. Yore looking at the six pointers in Newcastle and Bournemouth at home, along with Swansea away as providing half of those.

We have quite a lot of the mid-table sides at home in Liverpool, Everton, Southampton, Chelsea and also Stoke away. We are going to have to beat at least three of them and it's possibly our next two that give us the best opportunity.

Four points would be great, since and momentum will see us on our way.

It's a long shot, but not as long as it was at 14:59 today.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »
Come on, who are some of you trying to kid. Look at how many games we've won this season, and you think we can stay up???

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »
Come on, who are some of you trying to kid. Look at how many games we've won this season, and you think we can stay up???
We need a 10 point reduction for one or two of those above us. We need a legal team to get digging.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »
Don't even think about it. Just take each game as it comes and try to focus on salvaging some pride. Whatever happens then will happen.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:22:40 PM »
Liverpool Home - Win 3 points
Stoke Away - Win 3 points.
Everton Home - Draw 1 Point
Citeh Away - Lose 0 points
Spuds Home - Lose 0 points
Swansea Away - Win 3 points
Chelsea Home - Draw 1 point
Bournemouth Home - Win 3 points
Manure Away - Lose 0 points
Southampton Home - Win 3 points
Watford Away - Win 3 points
Newcastle Home - Win 3 points
Arsenal Away - Lose 0 points.

Not impossible gives us a total of 39 points and safety.
#believe

Offline kieron

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
I'm impressed with the optimism on this thread, however I do believe you're all smoking something you should be sharing with the rest of us.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 08:27:28 PM »
I'd be very surprised and impressed if we got over 30 points, I think our run-in looks tough. We will need some shock results beating at least a couple of teams like Chelsea/Spurs/Everton/Utd. Won't give up til it's over but we haven't beaten a top-half team all season thus far.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »
Good result today, however a hell of lot to do to escape doom and  gloom.  Not helping teams just above us with the exception of Norwich picking up points.

Offline ez

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »
Today's result makes that red card at west ham all the more annoying.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 09:02:56 PM »
Let's be honest though, Norwich were absolutely shocking. The worst team I've seen at VP this season, apart from ourselves. They'll be coming down with us.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »
7 wins needed, not impossible but very unlikely.
We would need to keep this Back 4 fit for most of the season as a start, Gabby to keep putting effort in and find someone to replace Bacuna, not Richardson. Oh yes a few ref decisions going our way would help. We have been robbed a few times this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal