collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: is collymore right?  (Read 13656 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: is collymore right?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »
Stan should boycott talking shit for the rest of the season.
That will require an amputation of that flappy bit just behind the teeth.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »
Moaning, dour Man Ure supporting Yorkshire twat...Boycott's not for me either.

Little, D

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 10:15:40 PM »
Well we have sold out a 2900 allocation against Stoke 3 weeks before the game, which suggests that not many people are taking much notice of Uncle Stanley..

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »
I'm pretty certain that when our revolution happens, Collymore won't be our Guevara.

It'll probably be televised though, and he'll be doing the shit commentary.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 10:33:38 PM »
I have a good deal of sympathy for Collymore and his personal demons, it's not easy to live with either as the person suffering or live with the person suffering when the Black Dog comes calling.

That said, either he can't help spouting bollocks, regardless of his mental state, or someone close to him needs to keep him away from a microphone/keyboard when he's living with an episode, to protect himself from himself. He makes himself an easy target which just makes everything else worse.

Offline peter w

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
15 000 or so took the boycott on board last saturday.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:00 PM »
15 000 or so took the boycott on board last saturday.

Exactly. Our attendances are in decline. I'm sure that's a boycott isn't it?

Offline appyarryampton

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
I will not be boycotting VP.
Already not buying a programme, food or merchandise. I'm not even wearing the 'Lerner regime' badge.
I don't agree with Stan but I do admire his passion and respect his point of view.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »

We're English, we can't do much as a collective whether its balloons,protests, boycotts. When we're told to do a protest its "not British" If you you get told to protest in Italy or Turkey you bloody well do it or they'll thrown your Gran, tied to a Vespa off the top tier of the main stand.     

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 11:31:37 PM »
I'm not sure what it would achieve really. Better to have a packed Villa Park all singing the same rebellious song, or organised in some way to get our point across. A boycott would just be another tool to hit us with.
I like it. We need a rebellious song to get behind and show the world "WE are Aston Villa"
whether we back the current bunch of error prone planks or not WE are the Villa. The hordes of supporters who follow the mighty Villa in the footsteps of our ancestors. The current owners and players will eventually swan off into the distance. We will still be here followed by our descendants. So my answer is NO to a boycott of our beloved, historic football institution.

I'm not one for self glorification, but that's exactly right in my opinion - especially now the custodianship of the club is utterly removed from what Villa represent; it's actually us the fans who represent Villa. We're the link between what we were and now. I think we should keep turning up. If the atmosphere is nasty for the board, so be it. You reap what you sow. We're one of England's great clubs lets carry that with us.

Offline Oooh_andy

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:53 AM »
Why should they stop me going to villa park? See you Saturday.

And Stan, shut up...

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 07:16:53 AM »
I'm not sure what it would achieve really. Better to have a packed Villa Park all singing the same rebellious song, or organised in some way to get our point across. A boycott would just be another tool to hit us with.
I like it. We need a rebellious song to get behind and show the world "WE are Aston Villa"
whether we back the current bunch of error prone planks or not WE are the Villa. The hordes of supporters who follow the mighty Villa in the footsteps of our ancestors. The current owners and players will eventually swan off into the distance. We will still be here followed by our descendants. So my answer is NO to a boycott of our beloved, historic football institution.

I'm not one for self glorification, but that's exactly right in my opinion - especially now the custodianship of the club is utterly removed from what Villa represent; it's actually us the fans who represent Villa. We're the link between what we were and now. I think we should keep turning up. If the atmosphere is nasty for the board, so be it. You reap what you sow. We're one of England's great clubs lets carry that with us.
Agree!The rest of the season should be spent supporting Remi and the team and "encouraging " Randy to lower his price.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 08:39:51 AM »
Why should they stop me going to villa park? See you Saturday.

And Stan, shut up...

Yep, despite how bad we have been for the past few seasons, I still enjoy going to Villa Park on matchdays.  No way I'm giving that up.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »
While I can physically stay away my ST means I will be counted as attending

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
Boycott of games? Can't see it happening. Boycott the merch, programs, refreshments, take your own food in.

Take down the system, one cheese and pickle sandwich at a time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal