collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: is collymore right?  (Read 13655 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: is collymore right?
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2016, 07:01:07 PM »
why would he outwardly and very publicly claim to be the supporter of a side if he isn't? And especially one like ours where we are hardly glory hunting material. I don't like how he's gone about airing his recent feelings as I don't think they help, but that doesn't mean he doesn't support us. We all convey our support in different ways, and Stan would fit in fine on here because he's like anyone else with an opinion. His advantage is that he has a much better vehicle to voice his opinion that the rest of us, and with that comes a responsibility in how he uses it. Something I think he often forgets.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
Has any one of us ever witnessed Stan to pay an entrance fee to watch a Villa match?

I've known him since the mid eighties and I don't know one single person that's ever seen him follow us.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:13 PM »
why would he outwardly and very publicly claim to be the supporter of a side if he isn't? And especially one like ours where we are hardly glory hunting material. I don't like how he's gone about airing his recent feelings as I don't think they help, but that doesn't mean he doesn't support us. We all convey our support in different ways, and Stan would fit in fine on here because he's like anyone else with an opinion. His advantage is that he has a much better vehicle to voice his opinion that the rest of us, and with that comes a responsibility in how he uses it. Something I think he often forgets.
Him being Villa has been doing the rounds since the mid-90s. We were possibly viewed as on a par with the likes of Arsenal back then, while the likes of Chelsea and Man City simply weren't even in the frame. At the same time he was regularly being captured on film watching Wolves, though.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2016, 10:50:45 PM »
He's a chancer. Contemptuous at best...

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »
Has any one of us ever witnessed Stan to pay an entrance fee to watch a Villa match?

I've known him since the mid eighties and I don't know one single person that's ever seen him follow us.

You knew him when he was a young lad?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »
but I think it's about time folk cut him a bit of slack.

While he is happy to use his media profile to spout stuff I disagree with on the club I support I fully intend to continue to slag him off.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
A boycott of anything would be a blunt instrument that will harm as much as safeguard. Why not show the executive what we think of people who fuck the club over by taking someone from recent history who has done exactly that and nail them to the wall next to the directors' entrance.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »

You knew him when he was a young lad?

Mid teens.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »
What were 'e like ?

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2016, 02:05:09 PM »
I'd describe him as a confident lad.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »
A boycott of anything would be a blunt instrument that will harm as much as safeguard. Why not show the executive what we think of people who fuck the club over by taking someone from recent history who has done exactly that and nail them to the wall next to the directors' entrance.

Can I nominate Steve Hodge.

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »
from the responses, I guess Stan has not got the support he needs for a boycott - but it is a small sample. Maybe he can tell us what plan B might be. As there are personal memories of Stan the Young Man on this thread, I can put myself on the line. Though I have never met Stan, When I moved to Stafford I met a women who washed his kit when he played for Stafford Rangers. Do I qualify for an award?

Trevor Fisher.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal