collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Season: Anyone positive  (Read 22281 times)

Offline Brian Taylor

Re: Next Season: Anyone positive
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:57 PM »
Garde has been handed the poison pill in the chalice from the palace. We should endeavour to keep him but the majority of the rest including Lerner need to go, and quick. Without the PL bonus we could be languishing in lower divions for a while. Lerner isn't prepared to spend shinola. It is hard to write never mind consider our projects. We have been cattle trucked since Lerner fecked Martin O'Neill off and that is a while now..back to the early 70's misery now.

Offline django

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
Garde has been handed the poison pill in the chalice from the palace.

As long as he avoids the vessel with the pestle. No, wait.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »
Garde has been handed the poison pill in the chalice from the palace. We should endeavour to keep him but the majority of the rest including Lerner need to go, and quick. Without the PL bonus we could be languishing in lower divions for a while. Lerner isn't prepared to spend shinola. It is hard to write never mind consider our projects. We have been cattle trucked since Lerner fecked Martin O'Neill off and that is a while now..back to the early 70's misery now.

We actually had some good times in the 70s including winning the League Cup twice. We got to visit small clubs like - er - Bournemouth!

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
When I believed that the board would not be so stupid as to stitch up Remi Garde in the transfer window, I expected him to stay for next season and we would come back immediately.  Those bets are off.  If Remi stays he will only do so if they honour the commitments made to him about money available.  The January debacle now makes me suspect nowhere near adequate money will be provided and Remi will walk.  Enter somebody like Pearson and the best we can hope for will be a play off place next year

It's the prospect of a skuzz bucket like Pearson turning up that would be the final humiliation for me.

As shit as McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood have been, at least they appeared to be fundamentally decent human beings. A bit too full of bullshit in Lambert's case and generally full of himself in Sherwood's, but decent.

Pearson would be scrapping the bottom of a barrel that's in the basement beneath the barrel we fished O'Leary out of.

We'd probably go for Billy Davis anyway.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:53:15 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »

We actually had some good times in the 70s including winning the League Cup twice. We got to visit small clubs like - er - Bournemouth!

And got over 48,000 for the home game.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »
more games to watch our great team..

erm.... oh

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2016, 06:57:37 PM »
They are stopping expense claims at the Academy. 10p a mile petrol allowance will soon be gone.

If that's not a classic sign of an accountant taking the reigns with an obvious agenda, I really don't know what is.

That's a classic sign of an organisation in desperate cash management actions.  As one of my former bosses put it, "the time to worry is when they ask you to keep tabs on the stationary cupboard.  If you're down to counting how many Bic biros we go through in a month the game's already up."

Are we down to Ellis like not being able to claim £1.50 for a coffee and a sandwich yet?

That's exactly what I was thinking. We're truly fucked.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
They are stopping expense claims at the Academy. 10p a mile petrol allowance will soon be gone.

If that's not a classic sign of an accountant taking the reigns with an obvious agenda, I really don't know what is.

That's a classic sign of an organisation in desperate cash management actions.  As one of my former bosses put it, "the time to worry is when they ask you to keep tabs on the stationary cupboard.  If you're down to counting how many Bic biros we go through in a month the game's already up."

Are we down to Ellis like not being able to claim £1.50 for a coffee and a sandwich yet?

That's exactly what I was thinking. We're truly fucked.

Christ almighty we are a fucking embarrassment.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2016, 11:34:04 PM »
Any budding writers out there, start taking notes. There could be another 'Children of the Revolution' one day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal