collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Season: Anyone positive  (Read 22282 times)

Offline NiiLamptey

Next Season: Anyone positive
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:20:59 AM »
I apologise if this is considered a duplicate of the relegation thread however a positive post in there will not resonate with people.

At Christmas it was terrible; league position, outlook, style of play, the list goes on... Most notably, everyone accepting relegation and questioning how this team will ever get back to the premier league.  This is not about reasons why we are in this position therefore I am not exploring them.

Things are starting to click, we have been on a good run and I believe we are playing good football. (If it was't for our situation, desperately needing points, I personally was happy with the WBA game, my only frustration was the crossing / set piece ability)

The point of this thread: I believe we are down, but I also believe Garde is bringing a philosophy to Villa that is sustainable and exciting to watch (Once we have a goalscorer).  it is clear that the board are getting ready for the championship next season just by the lack of signings.

The way we are playing, there is no way we are the worst team in the league & the run we are on has been enjoyable and if we do keep this up it will make relegation bearable.

To summarise, I am happy Garde plans to stick around.  I think next year we play nice football, win many games & return to the premier league in style!

I am feeling optimistic; confidence in the team is growing, possession is tidy, mistakes are reducing and supporters are getting behind the team!

UTV
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:06:59 AM by Legion »

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Next Season: Anyone positivite
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:33:03 AM »
Good thread. The fans are behind Remi.  I feel it in my bones.

We are moving forward.

Remi Garde's Claret and Blue Army!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:37:14 AM »
Depends.
Will the shenanegans at the Board Level stop.
Will they back the manager to deal with existing and new players. This does mean money in writing off contracts and buying new players.
The only bloke I trust at the club right now is Garde, so unless they back him our demise will continue.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:41:48 AM »
Yes if we go down, I will be happy to see us winning games again even if it is in a division lower. Hopefully it is only for one season and we can get back to being in the PL again. Too many weekends have been ruined in the past 5 years.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:45:08 AM »
Garde is the one big positive at present. I hope he sticks around.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 02:52:32 AM »
I think if we go down, can keep hold of our better players AND Garde stays we'll come straight back up. We've certainly got the squad to easily come straight back and in some style if I'm honest.

Bring back a feel good factor and a winning mentality that has been sadly missing for far, far too long. Throw some great away days in there and a few Derby wins and it could end up being the best thing that's happened to us.  Is that positive enough...

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 03:08:55 AM »
Agree with all of this, my mom says never wish your life away but I just want to get through to August and let Remi stamp his mark on a transfer window.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 03:58:22 AM »
I think if we go down, can keep hold of our better players AND Garde stays we'll come straight back up. We've certainly got the squad to easily come straight back and in some style if I'm honest.

Bring back a feel good factor and a winning mentality that has been sadly missing for far, far too long. Throw some great away days in there and a few Derby wins and it could end up being the best thing that's happened to us.  Is that positive enough...

Haha absolutely! 

RE players... it really does depend if they buy into Garde's vision and are willing to do 12 months in the championship... Namely; Ayew, Vertout, Okore and Amavi.  I don't think there will be anyone else people other PL clubs would be after.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:26:02 AM »
With Max Lerner on board we can only soar like eagles.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
I'm positive about next season IF everyone stays as I think a team consisting of the following would tear the Championship up :

New keeper

Richards
Okore
New centre half
Amavi

Gana
Veretout
New centre mid big strong bastard

Gill/Grealish/Traore
Ayew
New striker goal hanger type

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
I'm positive about next season IF everyone stays as I think a team consisting of the following would tear the Championship up :

New keeper

Richards
Okore
New centre half
Amavi

Gana
Veretout
New centre mid big strong bastard

Gill/Grealish/Traore
Ayew
New striker goal hanger type

Im not sure the likes of Richards or Okore would stay but I've no doubt that team along with the likes of Gardner, Baker, Clark and Bennett in the squad should win promotion without any question.  infact if that team stayed together with Garde I reckon they'd do it in style.

Offline frank black

Re: Next Season: Anyone positive
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:28 AM »
If the board back the manager then I am optimistic. However I can see all of our 'better' players leaving rather than taking a pay cut, so we will have 5-6 different players in the team.

If we go down thinking we are better than the teams down there we are going to get found out by the more physical counter attacking teams. The novelty factor will interest me, but only if it's temporary.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
I have faith in Garde but so much depends on the comings and goings close season. We can see that some of this season's signings are developing nicely, should we lose the majority who knows how we will fare? Hopefully improved form will last until May and convince some to stick around.
I do recall being optimistic in June last year though and look how it's turned out.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »
My wider family of Villa faithful are all of one mind about relegation. Namely that it is no more humiliating than half a decade of flopping over the line to Premiership safety by a point or two or by goal difference.  I cannot be more ashamed at what we have become than I was at Christmas of this year. This has been coming for five years and we have sleep walked into it.
The ownership of the club by Randy Lerner is a fact we have to live with, like we have to live with his right to do whatever he pleases with the club whether we like it or not.  The choice whether we carry on supporting the club or walk away is down to us.
If we had been a mid table club until this season and the trap door had opened under our feet, it would require a different rationale but it has been staring us in the face ever since Martin O'Neill opened the seacocks on his way out.  Lerner, Krulak, O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Karsa, Culverhouse, Faulkner, Keane, KMac, a whole ship of blundering incompetence.
I am entirely positive about the future because all that incompetence will be proven beyond doubt by relegation.  Like a fox  has to submerge himself to the point of drowning to rid himself of fleas, the Championship and Remi Garde offers us the chance of a new start.

Offline Locko

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
We'll cut to the bone, then into the marrow, we won't budget to come back up. I'm not positive at all, the board and owner are useless they'd see us as being completely self sustaining in league one as success, this is the prevailing mentality at the club, until the bungling billionaire buggers off we're screwed, he sets the tone after all...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal