collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Black - New assistant manager  (Read 9358 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Eric Black - New assistant manager
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 07:06:26 PM »
Ticks a lot of boxes, including having knowledge of the Championship so could be a useful fella next season too (do we know how long the contact is?).

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
A big hero to a lot of Aberdeen fans.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
Ticks a lot of boxes, including having knowledge of the Championship so could be a useful fella next season too (do we know how long the contact is?).

Can't remember where, but I read end of the season initially.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
That's a bit odd.

Offline AVH87

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »
According to this article http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2016/01/25/remi-garde-set-to-put-his-money-on-eric-black/ it's 'expected to be confirmed until the end of the season'. Not sure why we aren't planning long-term, it's not like this guy thinks the Championship is beneath him, he's just come from Rotherham.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19:28 AM »
According to this article http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2016/01/25/remi-garde-set-to-put-his-money-on-eric-black/ it's 'expected to be confirmed until the end of the season'. Not sure why we aren't planning long-term, it's not like this guy thinks the Championship is beneath him, he's just come from Rotherham.

My guess is that Garde still has his first choices in mind and that Black would be a stop gap until the summer when they may be more readily available.

Offline AVH87

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »

My guess is that Garde still has his first choices in mind and that Black would be a stop gap until the summer when they may be more readily available.

Seems reasonable, I'd be happy with that. Maybe Black would drop down to Coach in the summer if that happened.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53:22 PM »
Surely it is a short term contract to see if they like working together, and if they do, they will simply extend the arrangement.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 01:15:51 PM »
Surely it is a short term contract to see if they like working together, and if they do, they will simply extend the arrangement.

Yes, that seems plausible too. Perhaps more so than my thoughts as at least we've been able to get him in with a minimum of fuss.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »
He's been named as a first team coach so Garde must be confident of getting his first choices at the end of the season.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »
He's been named as a first team coach so Garde must be confident of getting his first choices at the end of the season.
Agreed. Remi's mates at Lyon are still his favoured choice for assistant I would have thought, so Black as coach makes sense.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:35 AM »
Remi's mates at Lyon are still his favoured choice for assistant I would have thought, so Black as coach makes sense.

;D True ~ imo

Eric has been 'caretaker' at many more clubs than he has been the manager. However, he has only lasted a match or three at all of them. But he has followed some dross....Evans Keane (Blackburn), even Bruce.

When Wilkins was our appointed asst Manager, I went apoleptic on here ~~~ got the usual denigration ~  ;D ~ however I feel that I was justified by results.
I was also anti-Tactics when he was the new Messiah last season.

I have no bad word against Remi ~~~ and likewise against Eric, who, in my mind is a careful, practical and workmanlike pro. He helped our neighours get promoted don't forget  ;D

Eric's contract is not a carrot,~~~ if we know/suspect, that approaches will be made for Remi's  ex-colleagues, then I am pretty sure Eric knows that as well. Hence the contract.

If Remi can't get in his original choices as backroom, Eric has the opportunity to seal a longer term contract.
He is bi-lingual and can bridge any "mis-understanding" with our non-French speakers.
Like he can explain to Gaby and Jack, a less hurtfull translation of 'merde'

Eric is a pro, been there done it etc....so even if Remi gets his original choices, for the backroom~~ I'd be happy to see Eric Black stay on.

Nothing wrong with him.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 05:09:14 AM »
In a sincere spirit of friendship alftitimus can I suggest that you are lining yourself up for a good shoeing on here if you continue to make your otherwise interesting posts look like the Magna Carta.

Offline chocolate garde

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »
I might be wrong on this but this smells of a replacement for garde

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 08:29:46 AM »
I might be wrong on this but this smells of a replacement for garde

I think you are, and your username has a whiff of its own.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal