collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The why aren't we signing a new striker thread....  (Read 26647 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: The why aren't we signing a new striker thread....
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 06:31:04 PM »
I don't think Garde will want to saddle the club with Championship/lower PL players.  He built a young team at Lyon due to circumstances but I think he will generally go for young players that he can mould into his team with a sprinkling of older professional players that he can trust.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »
Moussa Sow, Demba Ba there's another two.

Both playing in Asia and getting a shed load of money but maybe could be tempted back to play in a decent league.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 06:32:56 PM »
Moussa Sow, Demba Ba there's another two.

Both playing in Asia and getting a shed load of money but maybe could be tempted back to play in a decent league.

two things:

1) shed load of money is exactly why they aren't playing in the PL
2) playing in a decent league isn't of any significance to either of them

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 06:33:00 PM »
some fans beleive the club is desperate to spend big but players wont come, some fans (me) beleive the board have given up.

In spite of all the quotes from other clubs, players and agents saying that we've made attempts to sign people?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 06:34:12 PM »
Afobe has gone to a side who have never been in the topflight before and are by no means assured of staying up.

I think we might have stood a chance.

Kramaric has joined the bottom side in the Budesliga on loan. Again, even in our current predicament, that is a deal that could have been done.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:29 PM »
It is frustrating and we need a striker and someone like Frank Lampard/Ian Taylor to get goal from midfield. There are too few goalscorers in our team :(

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
Afobe has gone to a side who have never been in the topflight before and are by no means assured of staying up.

Kramaric has joined the bottom side in the Budesliga on loan. Again, even in our current predicament, that is a deal that could have been done.

only two go down in Germany, and Hoffenheim are one point off the play off spot and 3 points off safety. If we were three points off safety we'd have done business already.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
It is frustrating and we need a striker and someone like Frank Lampard/Ian Taylor to get goal from midfield. There are too few goalscorers in our team :(
we had both not much more than 6 months ago

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »
just surmising here, not at all serious but

offer to pay Bentekes wages and take him on loan till the end of the season for whatever it might cost
with the guarantee that if we stay up we take him back at the price they paid us

everyones a winner

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd try and get Crouch in until the end of the season. If it were possible of course. His scoring record in the Prem stacks up.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2016, 06:45:53 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd try and get Crouch in until the end of the season. If it were possible of course. His scoring record in the Prem stacks up.

He'd be a very good addition.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2016, 06:46:41 PM »
remi must be banging his head against every wall he comes to.
he should be on that phone to America 24/7 demanding help
he can only piss with the cock hes got,and it keeps missing the target

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »

only two go down in Germany, and Hoffenheim are one point off the play off spot and 3 points off safety. If we were three points off safety we'd have done business already.

Aye, they aren't quite as banjaxed as us.

But they aren't too clever either.

Aston Villa generally shouldn't need too much selling to a player, but in these unusual times I accept it might take a bit more effort than usual. It should really be a no lose situation for a player like that though -especially on loan.  Come in,help keep us up and you will be a hero with a permanent deal and a substantial payrise to follow.

If we go down, you've had regular gametime before the Euros in the summer and you have put yourself in the shopwindow in the most popular league in the world.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:49:16 PM by KevinGage »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »
some fans beleive the club is desperate to spend big but players wont come, some fans (me) beleive the board have given up.

In spite of all the quotes from other clubs, players and agents saying that we've made attempts to sign people?

Fine man. You really seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this notion Randy actually wants to spend big but can't. Is it really necessary for you to challenge everyone who sees the opposite from the evidence out there? Including Fox's comments, and Garde's? I know others have mentioned it, but its pretty irksome the way you (and a few others seem) to have decided that fans who are angry at zero signings are the bigger problem than ... the zero signings.

It would be nice if you could give us some room here.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »

Aye, they aren't quite as banjaxed as us.

But they aren't too clever either.

Aston Villa generally shouldn't need too much selling to a player, but in these unusual times I accept it might take a bit more effort than usual. It should really be a no lose situation for a player like that though -especially on loan.  Come in,help keep us up and you will be a hero with a permanent deal and a substantial payrise to follow.

If we go down, you've had regular gametime before the Euros in the summer and you have put yourself in the shopwindow in the most popular league in the world.

I think that's been the message all along and back in December when the situation wasn't so dire it looked to be a decent proposition. As things got worse and worse even that line wouldn't have been enough. And any player worth his salt is either going to wait until the last minute or find a better situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal