collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101050 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 05:14:22 PM »
He does get very defensive on social media and maybe should count to 100 before he posts and tweets, but he's not alone on that. I think it's good to have a Villa fan with a high profile media job. His views on our recent appointments at board and other levels have been spot on, doesn't sugar coat things like other ex players.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »
He's a very passionate Villa fan like so many on here. I absolutely don't agree with all that he says and especially about how he has handled his position in the media vs the club/board. He obviously has a huge problem with the current board, but the way he has been public in his condemnation would make anyone who buys the club from Randy equally skeptical of engaging with him or not doing things as he would want.

That said a lot of what he says is right and we are all hurting in different ways. As for his hitting women. It's something that should never be glossed over.

Also it shouldn't be brought up as a tool to discredit everything he says either.

I never said it discredited what he says. I said he's a scumbag for doing it.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 05:17:05 PM »
I've been sceptical of Collymore's credibility as a Villa fan since he was interviewed at his unveiling and mentioned "Villa won the European Cup in 1981".
Add that to some of the comments in his autobiography and makes his media persona as a rabid lifelong Villa fan a bit hard to stomach.

Why would anyone lie about being a Villa fan, really?

Maybe he's looking ahead to one day reaching the higher echelons of political office

Yeah right. He's a Villa fan, let's not pretend otherwise.

It was a joke.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »
He's a very passionate Villa fan like so many on here. I absolutely don't agree with all that he says and especially about how he has handled his position in the media vs the club/board. He obviously has a huge problem with the current board, but the way he has been public in his condemnation would make anyone who buys the club from Randy equally skeptical of engaging with him or not doing things as he would want.

That said a lot of what he says is right and we are all hurting in different ways. As for his hitting women. It's something that should never be glossed over.

Also it shouldn't be brought up as a tool to discredit everything he says either.

Good for you, but I don't think he's a scumbag. I think he's learned from his mistakes all those years ago and has been rehabilitated. I also don't think it has any relation to what he does for a living these days and it helps no one by continuing to bring it up whenever he speaks out about any subject.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »
Yeah live and let live, he only hit a woman. Can't think why anyone finds that the actions of a scumbag.
And a foreign woman at that...so I also don't see a problem here.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »

Good for you, but I don't think he's a scumbag. I think he's learned from his mistakes all those years ago and has been rehabilitated. I also don't think it has any relation to what he does for a living these days and it helps no one by continuing to bring it up whenever he speaks out about any subject.

So we're agreed then, I never said it discredited what he says.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »

So we're agreed then, I never said it discredited what he says.

Why bring it up then?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:35 PM »
You brought up it discrediting him. My first comment was after you said live and live that he kicked a woman in the head. What exactly did I bring up?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
I was delighted when he joined us but what a waster he turned out be as a player.
Depression or not he destroyed Sir Brian's managerial career and ..... as for board appointment  yes get him in as he has made a good recovery and now is the highest profile ex player we have in football.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
What has Stan's experience of the game been that would qualify him to be on the board?

The others suggested - Little, Taylor, Stride etc all have experience within the decision making processes in football. Collymore has experience of working for a radio station.

What would be the point of appointing a 'Villa man' to the board to provide input in football related decisions and then appointing someone with no experience in this at all?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
I was delighted when he joined us but what a waster he turned out be as a player.
Depression or not he destroyed Sir Brian's managerial career and ..... as for board appointment  yes get him in as he has made a good recovery and now is the highest profile ex player we have in football.

Collymore destroyed Little's managerial career, really?
Interesting.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
What has Stan's experience of the game been that would qualify him to be on the board?

The others suggested - Little, Taylor, Stride etc all have experience within the decision making processes in football. Collymore has experience of working for a radio station.

What would be the point of appointing a 'Villa man' to the board to provide input in football related decisions and then appointing someone with no experience in this at all?

It's be said before on here but if we had a man on the board who understood football and Villa (perhaps someone like Stride) he may have talked sense into the muppet who decided it might be a good idea to employ the manager who had just relegated Small Heath just weeks earlier. It would have been worth it just for that alone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:46:06 PM by saunders_heroes »

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »

It's be said before on here but if we had a man on the board who understood football and Villa (perhaps someone like Stride) he may have talked sense into the muppet who decided it might be a good idea to employ the manager who had just relegated Small Heath just weeks earlier. It would have been worth it just for that alone.

And what has been Stan's experience in football decision making, other than a player and radio commentator?

The 'someone like Stride' bit, fair enough, but to suggest Collymore as the much-discussed respected, experienced voice of football on the board is laughable in my view.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2016, 05:59:02 PM »

And what has been Stan's experience in football decision making, other than a player and radio commentator?

The 'someone like Stride' bit, fair enough, but to suggest Collymore as the much-discussed respected, experienced voice of football on the board is laughable in my view.

Hang on a second, I haven't called for Collymore to be on the board. I'd like to see someone on the board who knows about a Villa and football in general.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »
Didn't he write in his book that all Villa fans are Range Rover driving snobs from Worcester or Stafford?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal