collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101046 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
I see that you can't stand him. With regard to taking Villa for millions, wasn't he suffering from depression at the time?.

only when he got dropped against fulham, when he beat up ulrika and got caught dogging

Two of these would normally preclude someone from being a Board Member.

Not at West Ham, they'd bin your application form if you didn't have at least a couple of those under your belt.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 04:21:42 PM »
The thought of Stan giving our lot stick for a half arsed lack of effort and fight brings to mind a saying about housebricks and greenhouses. I generally like him nowadays but he's on a very sticky wicket given his time here.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »
I like him. :)

I listen to some of his shows on the radio, as I think he makes some good points.  He does, however, seem prone to getting into spats on social media that he should just rise above and not take the bait.  Easier said than done I suppose, but we all know exactly what some people out there are like (especially with the anonymity that social media provides), so in a perverse way high profile figures like Stan should know that there are always going to be a minority of idiots and accept it.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »
Yeah live and let live, he only hit a woman. Can't think why anyone finds that the actions of a scumbag.

He was punished for it and as far as I know he's never done it again. Perhaps he's been rehabilitated. Has that crossed your mind at all?

I'll stick to thinking that anyone that punches and kicks a woman in the head multiple times and threatens to kill her is a scumbag.

is the correct answer

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 04:29:15 PM »
The thought of Stan giving our lot stick for a half arsed lack of effort and fight brings to mind a saying about housebricks and greenhouses. I generally like him nowadays but he's on a very sticky wicket given his time here.

Yeah, but that goal against Atletico Madrid...

My memory's crap and I'd struggle to tell you the results from this season's nightmare but I can remember that goal like it was yesterday.

Offline avfcdale

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »
Yeah live and let live, he only hit a woman. Can't think why anyone finds that the actions of a scumbag.

"Rodney I only ever hit your mother in self defence" Reg Trotter 1986

He was punished for it and as far as I know he's never done it again. Perhaps he's been rehabilitated. Has that crossed your mind at all?

I'll stick to thinking that anyone that punches and kicks a woman in the head multiple times and threatens to kill her is a scumbag.

is the correct answer

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »
I've been sceptical of Collymore's credibility as a Villa fan since he was interviewed at his unveiling and mentioned "Villa won the European Cup in 1981".
Add that to some of the comments in his autobiography and makes his media persona as a rabid lifelong Villa fan a bit hard to stomach.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »

And I'll stick to believing that people can be punished and then rehabilitated which I think has happened to Collymore.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »
I've been sceptical of Collymore's credibility as a Villa fan since he was interviewed at his unveiling and mentioned "Villa won the European Cup in 1981".
Add that to some of the comments in his autobiography and makes his media persona as a rabid lifelong Villa fan a bit hard to stomach.

Why would anyone lie about being a Villa fan, really?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
He's a very passionate Villa fan like so many on here. I absolutely don't agree with all that he says and especially about how he has handled his position in the media vs the club/board. He obviously has a huge problem with the current board, but the way he has been public in his condemnation would make anyone who buys the club from Randy equally skeptical of engaging with him or not doing things as he would want.

That said a lot of what he says is right and we are all hurting in different ways. As for his hitting women. It's something that should never be glossed over.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »

Maybe he's looking ahead to one day reaching the higher echelons of political office

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »
He's a very passionate Villa fan like so many on here. I absolutely don't agree with all that he says and especially about how he has handled his position in the media vs the club/board. He obviously has a huge problem with the current board, but the way he has been public in his condemnation would make anyone who buys the club from Randy equally skeptical of engaging with him or not doing things as he would want.

That said a lot of what he says is right and we are all hurting in different ways. As for his hitting women. It's something that should never be glossed over.

Also it shouldn't be brought up as a tool to discredit everything he says either.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
..."and end any campaign to highlight Villa in the national media ( good luck in finding someone else by the way)."

This is the bit that gets me most. Surely a real Villa fan would never give up and flounce out like that ?

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
SVC and social media should be kept apart. I remember Ian Taylor ( I think) saying that he was one of the easiest players to wind up .

Having said that he seems passionate about Villa and his condemnation of the current ownership which doesn't make him all bad in my opinion.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 05:05:41 PM »

Maybe he's looking ahead to one day reaching the higher echelons of political office

Yeah right. He's a Villa fan, let's not pretend otherwise.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal