collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why Aston Villa 'Sucks'  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Hillbilly

Re: Why Aston Villa 'Sucks'
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
Can't disagree with much of that. Think he's probably a Canadiac.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
The use of the third person singular with collective nouns (the team 'is', Aston Villa 'sucks') is a good indicator of someone being on the wrong side of a division by a common language.

This really pisses me off as well.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
I know it's modern and I'm not, but I hate the current vogue for football to be written about in terms of stats and spreadsheets.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 10:31:23 AM »
Oh I agree but he's quite accurate with some of the stuff.  Of course he might have spent the last few months scanning this board for his information!

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »
I agree with is Richards assessment, but strongly disagree with the blaming of the attacking midfielders

I've often said we look as though the defenders, midfielders and attackers train individually, but i think the creativity blame has to fall at the feet of Gestede

Theres only so much a Gil or Grealish can do with someone who refuses to move, and has almost amateur level of footballing ability with his feet

The facts are Gestede wants cross happy wingers who will whip 20 crosses per game into him and he can dive about all game hoping one hits his head

Gil and Grealish want a clever striker who is as good as them on the ground and can provide them with some movement and fluidity

Anyone who watched the Notts County game saw the potential of what our forward line could possibly be. It was Sinclair up front but he knew how to get in the right positions and was set up for tap ins numerous times because of that
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:14:33 PM by Marlon's Hairy Wood »

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »
The harmony between objective quantification and a deep, emotional grasp of how the sport functions is what can create a more complete understanding.....
..it’s difficult to succinctly identify leadership just through numbers and by not being in the locker room of a club....

Bollox. If anybody knows where this locker room is, just go and tell each and every one them to give 110% effort and I am sure we will get the right result.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
I agree with is Richards assessment, but strongly disagree with the blaming of the attacking midfielders

I've often said we look as though the defenders, midfielders and attackers train individually, but i think the creativity blame has to fall at the feet of Gestede

Theres only so much a Gil or Grealish can do with someone who refuses to move, and has almost amateur level of footballing ability with his feet

The facts are Gestede wants cross happy wingers who will whip 20 crosses per game into him and he can dive about all game hoping one hits his head

Gil and Grealish want a clever striker who is as good as them on the ground and can provide them with some movement and fluidity

Anyone who watched the Notts County game saw the potential of what our forward line could possibly be. It was Sinclair up front but he knew how to get in the right positions and was set up for tap ins numerous times because of that

I think the point was that, for whatever reason be it lack of movement from the forward or the inability of the midfielders to find them, is that we don't have the players to play the style & formation we are trying to. 

We have shown improvement of late, but for me this remains a criticism of Garde - with the same players and the same system, we'll get (roughly) the same results and have no chance of staying up. 

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »
Interesting in parts.
Spot on about Richards, but no more analytical than what I think myself and have read on here.
We've all been saying for years that we need a dominant, attacking midfielder who can open the opposition up, play the killer pass. Nothing new there. (I am hoping Garde will bring Veretout into a more central role and he will "do a Milner" - find his true position and calling!
The interesting bit for me was the detail of how we fall apart after little incidents during games, which certainly struck a chord and can be seen in almost every game - except for Leicester where Bunn's penalty save seemed to galvanise us into action rather than succumb to the only period of real pressure they put us under throughout the game.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »
It's a very clever spoof. The guy's name gave it away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal